Terrible accident on the Prince Charmig Carrousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness I hope everyone is okay.

My first thought was maybe the person taking pictures was doing so to document in case of legal action. Could have been a family member. I would hope it was not some stranger looking to post it around the internet.

Thanks OP for the post. It's always important to have reminders like this that even though DW is the Happiest place on earth, accidents do happen and we still need to be very careful with our kiddos!

What's with all the rude posts lately? The DIS is really going downhill...most discussions used to be very informative and beneficial, but now they seem to be argumentative with posters attacking one another and being rude and inconsiderate to one another.

Last edited:
What's with all the judgemental know-it-alls? Accidents happen at WDW all the time and people post about it on these boards all the time. Now all of a sudden, the OP gets attacked for reporting what she saw. Do you attack news reporters for reporting on news stories? And don't be all oh that's not the same. Yes it is. If nothing else, this little girl will get prayers and good thoughts from all the good hearted people who read this.

What's with all the judgemental know-it-alls? Accidents happen at WDW all the time and people post about it on these boards all the time. Now all of a sudden, the OP gets attacked for reporting what she saw. Do you attack news reporters for reporting on news stories? And don't be all oh that's not the same. Yes it is. If nothing else, this little girl will get prayers and good thoughts from all the good hearted people who read this.
People are not making negative comments because she reported the accident. They are making comments because she disparaged someone who was taking photos while painting a deatailed picture of the accident herself. In many ways, words and descriptions are more powerful than a photograph.

People are not making negative comments because she reported the accident. They are making comments because she disparaged someone who was taking photos while painting a deatailed picture of the accident herself. In many ways, words and descriptions are more powerful than a photograph.
So? Just stop already! You people are making a big deal out of nothing. It was crummy for people to take pictures or video. Not crummy to post about it. The end.

I think what brought about judgmental comments was the OPs own judgemental comment that the ppl taking pics were “disgusting”. As other ppl pointed out, we don’t know if they knew the victim or not. I think if OP’s post had not included that comment, some of the other ppl wouldn’t have said anything about it.

No one attacked the op. Not even close. An even-toned comment was made comparing the act of taking pictures and the act of a vivid description. That’s it.

So? Just stop already! You people are making a big deal out of nothing.

You literally asked a question. Then when it’s answered you tell people to stop it? Don’t ask the question if you want the convo stopped.

And “likes” to a post and explanations in response to questions are hardly “making a big deal”.

Maybe the person took pictures for evidentiary reasons.

That the child fell?? How will that help anything? And Disney has cameras everywhere...

Will think about holding my child securely on carousel. Got it. I hope the child is okay.

I have an opinion on the issue Robo raised but I’m keeping it to myself. See how easy that was?!

Edited for spelling

I think that taking pictures is much worse because the photographer will have actual images of the victim and could do many things with them. A description in no way identifies anyone like pictures do. Of course it could have been a family member or even someone associated with Disney but who knows?

That the child fell?? How will that help anything? And Disney has cameras everywhere...

If the family wanted to take legal action, it is helpful to have their own documentation. That way, Disney couldn’t say “oh, we don’t have footage,” act like nothing happened, etc. Even if they don’t have proof of the actual incident, the aftermath would be helpful. I’m not saying they should or should not take legal action, but if they were, documentation is key. There are lots of attorneys vacationing at WDW every day.

Unless OP knows for sure, everything related to the photo taker is all speculation. No one knows why the person was recording or taking photos so I don’t think it’s worth villifying the picture taker here.

I do think posting this account is a great reminder about being careful on the carousel. It is such a tame ride but does hold its own risk.

Goodness, I do hope the child is okay! Speaking of the photos, maybe the woman knew the family? Someone I knew hit a child in the street, who ran right in front of his car. (the child was slightly injured but is okay) In court, the parents and the child lied and said they had been in the crosswalk. A witness said this was not true, but if a photo had been taken at the time, it would have shown the particulars. So just a heads up, a photo can be a good witness when an accident occurs and it could involve legal action.

OP, point taken, one can fall off the horse, and be unfortunate enough to do a header onto the concrete. Not the way to spend a vacation. A bit of extra caution dismounting the horse is not a bad idea. I do hope the person is ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter