Terry's Marathon training thread (Comments welcome)

Oh NO!!!! Not the stomach bug! I hope you are feeling better! :grouphug:

Good morning, Terry. :sunny: Are you feeling better? I hope so.

Just have to tell you that the pictures are TOO cute! :) Tell Scamp, my Westie Mickey sends his regards!

Have a good one,
Erin

Godo morning Terry!

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. :( I hope you feel better soon!

Your puppy is so cute! :teeth:

Take good care of you, Terry! :grouphug:

Hi Terry - Sorry your still not feeling well. LOVE the picture of the new puppy with Jake. Look at those eyes :love:

I think Dottie has Mimi's Cafe on her website, but I ate at Mimi's a couple of months ago and they have a low carb type menu too.

Hope you feel better soon and have a great time with your friends

Hope you feel better. I ate at Mimi's Cafe a while back, and they have lots of options. Of course, they also have lots of bad stuff that's oh so good.

Terry,

Hope you are feeling better!! Stomach problems just aren't fun....ever!!

Your babie's are so cute...all of them!! Is the new puppy a little scotty? We have often thought about getting Barkley a little scotty buddy....somehow I don't think he would like it all too well though. He REALLY likes being the only one and is spoiled beyond belief......not sure how alll that happend...I think it is all his daddy's fault!! :rolleyes1 Barkley is quite happy with all this walking though....he always gets to come along for the cool down walk.

Hope you ahve a great day and are feeling up to snuff real soon!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hi Terry :wave2: I hope you are feeling much better and that you have a fun evening tonight. Were you able to find points for the restaurant you went to? Your babies are adorable! :)

Erin, you have a westie too? How fun!! It is certainly a special breed. We love our Scamp. :love: We have even thought of getting another Westie. BO is a sh*t-zu/pug mix. He only visits us - doesn't live here. Scamp does really well with BO so I know he would be okay with a puppy. Just not sure that *I* want to deal with a puppy right now. ;) A full grown pup is much easier. ;)

We had a nice time at dinner. I checked out Dotti's web site - she had minimal information so I ordered the Spaghettini with Shrimp, cut the serving in half and ate that. I know Shrimp is low in points so I think I did okay. :) My dd mistakenly got fruit with her dinner, so I shared a piece of pineapple and some orange slices with our friends. A nice surprise treat!

My stomach is still feeling a tad off, but it is better than it was. I am slowly getting back to feeling 'normal'. Yeah! We have another basketball game this afternoon and then it will be time for the Super Commercials show... er... I mean the Super Bowl. :p Lots of laundry to be done as well!

I will try to get visits to journals in between loads! Happy Sunday all!

Hi Terry - Glad you enjoyed your dinner and sounds like you were good with splitting your dinner in half. Good for you!!

I'm glad your feeling a little better, but try and take it easy and let yourself recover 100%

I don't know about you, but I was disappointed with the commercials this year. Last year I remember laughing one after another, but not this year :guilty: Game was good though ;)

Happy Monday all!

I do believe I need to 'find' my day for Weigh In. I checked my weight on Saturday and was done 2.5 pounds. (Woo Hoo!) Then today - my 'official' day, I was back to normal! Now, that's not right! Ughness! Last time, my best day of the week was Wednesday, so I am going to get a feel this week for my official weigh in day. It doesn't look like Mondays like me. :crazy2:

Today I am OP. I still have 5 more points to eat this evening. I just may have some strawberries and a glass of skim milk. That will get me close enough. No exercise today - that was last night. I will probably end up keeping Monday as my day of rest forever! hahahahaha

Sunday was the Super Bowl - while the game was close, the commercials were a disappointment. Oh well - it gave us more time to visit with my parents. I made a double batch of the WW Taco Soup recipe. YUM! I sent most of the leftovers home with my parents since it was so good! I was tempted to eat too much. I left a large serving for DH and the rest is gone. Next time I will be better prepared and put the leftovers into single serving size and into the freezer. ;)

Hi Terry!

Way to go being OP today!!! Awesome! :banana:

Can you post the recipe for the taco soup? That sounds yummy!

Have a great day!

Terry,

Sounds like you had a great day!! Doncha just hate that scale thing!!! I hate it when that happens. I made Greg hide it until I weigh in on Mondays!!

Methinks I need to the taco soup recipe too!! Sounds delish!! And it looks like winter is headed back to Chicago. :cold:

Good going Terry!! Can't wait to hear about more of your successes!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Sure, Tracy! Here you go....

1 pound ground beef / Boco Burger crumbles
1 large onion, chopped
1 can pinto beans - undrained
1 can black beans - undrained
1 can red beans – undrained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes – Mexican style
1 can Rotel tomatoes – mild
1 pkg taco seasoning mix – Old El Paso Mild
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 cup water (more as needed)

Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour or so

I substituted the BocaBurger crumbles for the ground beef, and no one knew! It was REALLY tasty, and very filling! You can sprinkle cheese on the top before serving. As an added bonus, it was SUPER easy to make!

Hey Terry - I know what you mean about finding that right day for WI. I think that's why I like Tuesdays, because if I go off the program a little on the weekends, I still have Mondays to recoup before weighing in. I think Wednesdays will work for you too.

Great job staying OP! Mondays your either really good or REALLY bad :earseek:

I know what you mean about the Super Bowl commercials. We always look forward to them, but they were definitely a letdown this year. Guess they were trying to keep things toned down :confused3 Was a great game though :)

How many points is that WW Taco soup?? I need to write that down and try making it. It sounds yummy.... :p

Have a great day :sunny:

I finally found your journal!!! I've been going down the list and trying to write in everyone's journal and finally found yours!!!! It's soooo inspiring!!! Some comments...you have such an adorable family..your son is a cutie! That taco soup sounds YUMMY, love the little puppie and westie! :) Ebony and Ivory....:) and most of all WAHOO on making it to the marathon...that's huge in itself and all that working out helped you more than any misguided marathon reps could ever hurt you.
Now for the weigh day...I've tried Mondays and Saturdays and finally settled on Thursdays....if I weigh in on Monday I just seem to have bad weekends and the bad weigh in messes with my mind...Thursdays are far enough from the weekend to keep me disciplined and there's really not much in my life happening on Thursdays...if I do go out to eat with the family at a restaurant it's usually on Fridays or Sundays so Thursdays as far from those as I could get! :) Hope this helps!!! You're doing GREAT!!!!

You are a huge inspiration to me!
Tara

geetey said:
Happy Monday all!

I do believe I need to 'find' my day for Weigh In. I checked my weight on Saturday and was done 2.5 pounds. (Woo Hoo!) Then today - my 'official' day, I was back to normal! Now, that's not right! Ughness! Last time, my best day of the week was Wednesday, so I am going to get a feel this week for my official weigh in day. It doesn't look like Mondays like me. :crazy2:

I've done Saturdays...now I'm on Monday... :confused3 no clue which is better, as I'm stuck on the biggest plateau of my life!! If you find a great day, let me know!!

Hey Terry! :wave: I just realized I haven't stopped by your journal in awhile. :blush: Sorry about that!!!

Looks like you are doing very well. Another vote on the WI day - I do Wed. Far enough from the weekend to "undo" the damage, but a little midweek pick me up (if it is a good WI ;) ) to keep me going for the remainder of the week. Of course, it hasn't mattered at all lately, because I haven't lost a thing!!!! :sad2:

The taco soup recipe looks great to me, but NO way would my family eat that. They are just way too picky! :p

Hope your having another great day!!

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

Happy Fat Tuesday!!

For those asking about the Taco Soup, the web sites I have found the recipe on claim it is 2 points a serving (a cup). Not too shabby, eh? I know using the Boca Burger crumbles will help lower those points as well. I just don't believe it lowers the point value to 1, as I have read.

I am doing great with my points today. Oh yeah. I feel the groove coming back. :cool1: I still have 13 points left! Also, in my endeavor to find the best weigh in day, I weighed myself this morning. Down .5 pound, so I think Wednesday will end up being my good day again.

I signed up for the February exercise challenge but am doing awful! :earseek: I thought the challenge would get me moving again, but I seemed to be completed focused on watching my food. Is that a good thing? I think I need something new to do, so I will be looking for some different tapes soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter