Texans Crazy 4 Disney

May 12 is my birthday and I went last year at May. I really enjoyed in low crowds no rain. I worked it perfectly I carried my poncho with me everyday so it protected me.

Anna

I just moved to DFW from New York City and am unfortunately exactly as far from WDW as I was before! :rotfl:

Anyone have any good ideas for weekend hikes, kayaking, etc. in the DFW area?

Another disney freak from Beaumont, leaving for our Christmas trip in 27 days!

Native Texan here, too - currently live in the Houston area.
Disney enthusiast for years and years and years now...

May 12 is my birthday and I went last year at May. I really enjoyed in low crowds no rain. I worked it perfectly I carried my poncho with me everyday so it protected me.
Anna

Yep, just like here where if you take your umbrella into the office with you it will stay sunny all afternoon, but if you leave it in the car - torrential downpour guaranteed :rotfl:

Yes.....the Magic for me begins 01-06-09 & runs through 01-15-09 @ WDW & DCL!!! :woohoo:

But.......gotta ask an opinion poll:

"To Do :laundy: or not do :laundy: while on your trip...".....that is the question.

Better to do it once or just pack for the entire trip????

Our family is crazy about WDW as well. Houston area here, too.
The specials for spring prompted us to go in Jan as well. :thumbsup2

Yes.....the Magic for me begins 01-06-09 & runs through 01-15-09 @ WDW & DCL!!! :woohoo:

But.......gotta ask an opinion poll:

"To Do :laundy: or not do :laundy: while on your trip...".....that is the question.

Better to do it once or just pack for the entire trip????

My experience:

Just got back Saturday from 8 days at WDW. With all the new airline baggage restrictions, I decided for the first time to pack light, take a little baggie of washing powder and a roll of quarters, and do laundry halfway thru the trip. It worked out better than I thought. The washers/dryers are right next to the pool, so I rolled some dirty clothes down in a suitcase, did two loads pretty quickly while daughter and I watched a poolside movie one night. I read a lot of post ahead of time where people said that the dryers at the Value resorts took forever and lots of quarters, but I only had to run my clothes thru one cycle and they were all completely dry (this was at All Star Music, by the Calypso Pool). As a single mom who has flown quite a bit with small child, stroller, lots of luggage, etc. in the past, it was GREAT to only have to deal with two bags to check, plus our small carryon items at the airport. Just be sure to pack an extra duffel bag that can be carried on on the return trip for all those souvenirs we can't resist at Disney! :thumbsup2

I have also cruised quite a bit. Once for a Europe cruise, I took enough clothes that I never had to wash the entire 15 day trip. BIG MISTAKE. WAY TOO MUCH LUGGAGE TO ROLL TO THE TRAIN STATION FROM THE SHIP, THROUGH THE BUMPY STREETS OF VENICE, THROUGH THE AIRPORT, ETC. So the last cruise (on Carnival) I did laundry. It was not as easy. Way too many people trying to use way too few washers and dryers on each floor in a tiny little hot room all hours of the day and night, no place to sit and wait in the laundry room or nearby, so really no good way to keep an eye on your wash unless you stand there or run back and forth from your room quite often. Disclaimer--I have never been on a disney cruise, so their laundry rooms might be different, but I think if you do decide to do laundry during your trip, it will be easier to do it at your WDW resort and not while on the cruise.

I am by no means an expert, but I thought my recent experience may help you decide what to do.

Rhonda from Dallas

My experience:

Just got back Saturday from 8 days at WDW. With all the new airline baggage restrictions, I decided for the first time to pack light, take a little baggie of washing powder and a roll of quarters, and do laundry halfway thru the trip. It worked out better than I thought. The washers/dryers are right next to the pool, so I rolled some dirty clothes down in a suitcase, did two loads pretty quickly while daughter and I watched a poolside movie one night. I read a lot of post ahead of time where people said that the dryers at the Value resorts took forever and lots of quarters, but I only had to run my clothes thru one cycle and they were all completely dry (this was at All Star Music, by the Calypso Pool). As a single mom who has flown quite a bit with small child, stroller, lots of luggage, etc. in the past, it was GREAT to only have to deal with two bags to check, plus our small carryon items at the airport. Just be sure to pack an extra duffel bag that can be carried on on the return trip for all those souvenirs we can't resist at Disney! :thumbsup2

----------------------- To : MerissaAndMomLoveDis .......... Wow! 8 days at WDW!! I am sooooooooooo jealous!! - Thank you helping me to see that it is better to do laundry once during your vacation.
Say, just curious - have you & your family ever thought an an "Adventures By Disney" trip?? If you have gone on one before, what's your opinion of it??

Campbell, TX here (although I grew up in nearby Greenville). We are 50 miles east of Dallas. As a family we have been to WDW 5 times and in 2004 we joined DVC. We love it!!
DH and I will be returning to WDW May 23 - June 6 for a 4 night Disney cruise and AKL & VWL vacation to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are really looking forward to that.

Laundry - We have stayed at a lot of the Disney Resorts and found that doing laundry once during our vacation saved us a lot of extra pieces of luggage, not to mention the extra cost for luggage now. Our last 3 trips, we are now hooked on the Wilderness Cabins at Ft. Wilderness campsite. Having a full size kitchen and a seperate sleeping area is great. Love getting up early in the morning and having the ability to make coffee right in the kitchen is a big plus as well as a big breakfast, saves time and money. We will be there again from Dec 18-22 at the cabins, taking my future father-in-law, who is 80 yrs old, he can't wait. We rented a handicapped cabin this time around due to his wheelchair and also rented a golf cart.

Campbell, TX here (although I grew up in nearby Greenville). We are 50 miles east of Dallas. As a family we have been to WDW 5 times and in 2004 we joined DVC. We love it!!
DH and I will be returning to WDW May 23 - June 6 for a 4 night Disney cruise and AKL & VWL vacation to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are really looking forward to that.

Where are you twokats? I know aubriee is in Terrell (originally from Canton). I lived a little further east (Longview area) for 25 years :goodvibes

Greenville is on I-30 east of Dallas about 50 miles and Campbell is off of I-30 about 10 miles further down. We are also 10 miles from Commerce - home of A&M University - Commerce formerly known as East Texas State University!!
Canton, which is where my son now lives is about an hour away from me and Terrell is about 45 minutes away.
It takes me about 2 hours to get to Longview.

knewton64;29007080 To : MerissaAndMomLoveDis .......... Wow! 8 days at WDW!! I am sooooooooooo jealous!! - Thank you helping me to see that it is better to do laundry once during your vacation. Say said:
Hello knewton64! Sorry--been in a trial so took me a while to respond. Yes, I have considered and researched the Adventures by Disney trips and have spent some time on the Dis boards on the ABD threads reading about others opinions and experiences. If you haven't found those yet, I highly recommend checking out those threads if you want more info from persons who have done it. My little one and I have travelled a lot and my first thought was "whoa, look at those prices!". I am more of a Rick Steves travel on a budget person. But most of the people on the Dis threads seemed very happy with their experiences and felt it was worth it. I would like to try one, especially because she is really into learning about the places we go, and it seems the trips really strive to provide fun and education on their level. So for now I am still considering it...but will probably wait at least a year until she is 8 or more. If you decide to book one, I'd love to know what you chose.

I am crazy for disney just don't know when next trip is. I just had a little native texan on nov 3 so we are waiting til she is about 1 1/2 or 2 to go. Don't know if I can last that long. I live in carrollton a surburb of dallas:rotfl2:

We are Texans, too, and about to take our first trip with the kids.

Ummm I am watching science channel about what would happen if a tornado hit Dallas. :eek: Tornados scare the heck out of me. You know Texas is the number one tornado state. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter