"That Little Girl is Judging Me"- A Mother/Daughter TR

I lied a bit. We didn't go straight over to Nemo because that would mean skipping Canada! How can I forget the great nation of Canada?! We just stopped in to look around real quick and take a peek at the gift shop.

Turns out this bridge is super fake :lmao: It's like cardboard on the sides! We went to lean on it and mom was like "woah!" It was hollow. Almost like paper mache! We were pretty surprised by that to be honest. Everything is Disney seems so legit ahha.

Oh, Canada. The only Americans that can sing your national anthem are hockey fans :cool1: (I wish I was Canadian sometimes, their national anthem is much more in my range than the American anthem)

This waterfall is much less impressive when you notice it looks like the same material as the fake bridge haha

I LOVE the gift shop in here. It reminds me a bit of Colorado gift shops with all the bears and nature. I debated getting an NHL tshirt here as a souvenir. They had some pretty neat designs and some teams I didn't hate! (last time I was here they pretty much only had Calgary Flames stuff :crazy2: )

NOW we headed to Nemo.

I LOVE The Seas area. I always wanted to be a marine biologist as a kid. Until I realized I can't major in that AND stay in Colorado and it turns out scuba diving makes me ridiculously anxious and claustrophobic. I couldn't make it out of the pool.
I can settle for the Nemo ride, though! I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I also love the queue area. It's SO long but that's okay. We had a great time and then headed over to check out the manatees

The time was drawing nearer to our Test Track fast pass so we started to head in that direction.

This was our first experience with FP+ and I was terrified it wouldn't work. We walked up touched our bands and 2 seconds later we were walking through. No line up to get in line, no red lights and we walked straight into the area to build our cars despite the wait time being almost 100 minutes.
We started building our car (which was way more fun than I thought it would be by the way) and initially thought it would be fun to make a hilarious car. We later regretted that when we had the worst car in the car at every test! But the kid who was in our car was hilarious and I was fine with him winning. He was one of those really smart kids who just never stops talking. It was awesome.
We DID, however, do really well in efficiency. We got an 88% and were on the leader board for the whole day in that category. Unfortunately that meant our hideous car was on display.
We finished up around 7:45-8PM and decided to take our time finding a place to watch Illuminations.

We headed over to the butterfly tent and saw no butterflies

We decided we must have snacks for Illuminations and I was dying to try the Dole Whip with the rum in it.

It was AMAZING. I had never had the pineapple soft serve before and the dark rum splashed on top was amazing. They also had one with coconut rum but I'm more of a dark rum fan than a flavored rum fan.

Mom went on a never ending search for pie. This search would last until this Easter Sunday when I finally had to make her one. Why is there no pie in Disneyworld? There is every dessert on the face of the planet but no pie. We couldn't even find pie at 50's Prime Time.
She gave up on dessert so we went on to find a good spot. We decided we really liked the spot by the American Pavilion that we had on our last trip so we headed over that way.

I just LOVE Illuminations. The flame torches (which were pleasantly warm and bright) and the lights on the buildings are my favorite. I have a rule to not try and take pictures during fireworks shows. I miss way too much and I can never get a good picture anyways! I miss out on enough worrying about pictures every where else! We enjoyed the show just as much as usual and decided to take our time exiting the park.

We of course had the bus stop with the longest line but we had great luck with having to wait on another bus and actually got a seat.

When we got back to the hotel, still on Denver time, we went ahead and explored the hotel so we knew where we would be going the rest of the trip. We ended up grabbing a half gallon of milk and a half dozen cinnamon rolls from the gift shop so we could eat breakfast on our balcony with the animals. We also made sure we knew where The Mara was and ended up buying a couple of yogurt parfaits and bananas to add to our breakfast stock!

We headed back up to the room to go to sleep. The Avs were playing still so I had to follow along on my app until about midnight. Worth it.

Next up is our first full Disney day at the most magical place on Earth!

Go Canada!! ( although it is snowing here right now so can we trade places?)

Starting a trip with a bonus Savannah view, a FPP+ for Test Track and those three drinks (Avocado Margarita, Orange Grand Marnier Slushy and the rum covered dole whip) sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear more :) btw your TR title is awesome

Wine doesn't have yeast just sayin

Yes it does. All alcohol has yeast. That's how you make alcohol. In beer it is filtered out but not completely and some beers don't filter. In wine it can be aged out.
I can have distilled drinks because it's the only process that completely removes all of the yeast.

And I don't want to argue with you about it so if you're going to argue, I'll just say that wine and beer both make me sick and distilled alcohol doesn't. So it doesn't matter

I love your review so far!!

(Go Penguins!) :)

Thanks! And I suppose the penguins are alright :thumbsup2
I love me some hockey fans!

Go Canada!! ( although it is snowing here right now so can we trade places?)

Starting a trip with a bonus Savannah view, a FPP+ for Test Track and those three drinks (Avocado Margarita, Orange Grand Marnier Slushy and the rum covered dole whip) sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear more :) btw your TR title is awesome

We had snow the day we got back (April 13th). I only had flip flops and a light hoodie packed. It was 20F and had a forecast of 4-8 inches! It was a long walk to the car! :rotfl:

It was a great night. I loved that FP+. It was a bit busy and normally getting there that late would mean no fast passes and no rides (other than my favorite Mexican boat ride!) We loved it! Also the drinks! YAY

I'm here...I'm here....I was watching too much hockey! :rolleyes1lets not kid ourselves...there is no such thing as too much hockey:lmao:

Great TR.....great pics....can't wait for more hon!

I'm here...I'm here....I was watching too much hockey! :rolleyes1lets not kid ourselves...there is no such thing as too much hockey:lmao:

Great TR.....great pics....can't wait for more hon!

Right?! I've found doing report updates work best on days where the Avs play and I can't get through the day because of anticipation. Although, I'm a huge pessimist with sports so it's more like nausea than anticipation :rotfl2:

We are getting our butts kicked right now. Hard to have optimism :(

I do love Canada! I love that movie!!!

I always make the ugliest car in Test Track :rotfl2: Idk why but it always happens!

I love the drunken dole whip!!! It is soooo good!

Sounds like a great first day!

I'm here and caught up Sam. :goodvibes

Yes, AKL is amazing. I first time I stayed there I asked myself the same question as you (how am I going to stay anywhere else) and had to buy into DVC when they built Kidani. True story. ::yes:: I'm so happy that you got upgraded to a Savanna View! :cool1:

Thanks for timing the ride from AKL to Epcot. I don't think it feels like it takes a long time to get to the parks, but I'm biased I suppose.

Great picture with Pumbaa's butt. Makes you think that yes, some cast member has the job to sculpt that! :rotfl2:

Great TR so far! Can't wait to read more about your adventures. DD and I are going on our first "girls only" trip to WDW in July for USSSA World Series Softball. We're excited to have time for "girls" stuff in the parks--shopping and just sight-seeing rather than running non-stop as the boys prefer! LOL

Loving following this thread. Funny!

THANK YOU!!
I do love Canada! I love that movie!!!

I always make the ugliest car in Test Track :rotfl2: Idk why but it always happens!

I love the drunken dole whip!!! It is soooo good!

Sounds like a great first day!

We loved our ugly car. Until it was just the worst performing car ever :rotfl: But boy was it obnoxious looking!

And I can't stop thinking about the dole whip. They really need to make it a regular thing!

I'm here and caught up Sam. :goodvibes

Yes, AKL is amazing. I first time I stayed there I asked myself the same question as you (how am I going to stay anywhere else) and had to buy into DVC when they built Kidani. True story. ::yes:: I'm so happy that you got upgraded to a Savanna View! :cool1:

Thanks for timing the ride from AKL to Epcot. I don't think it feels like it takes a long time to get to the parks, but I'm biased I suppose.

Great picture with Pumbaa's butt. Makes you think that yes, some cast member has the job to sculpt that! :rotfl2:

The only time we thought a bus ride was long was Downtown Disney. Magic Kingdom was about a 20 minute ride, though. But we didn't mind it. Different story if we had to stand, though! But we decided it barely takes any time to get to 3 out of the 4 parks. So it's worth it to stay there! It's so nice and secluded and you don't have to share a bus :cool1:

And HOLY CRAP I didn't even think about the person making pumba :rotfl: I can just imagine the topiary maker guy getting the drawing for how they want it to look

Great TR so far! Can't wait to read more about your adventures. DD and I are going on our first "girls only" trip to WDW in July for USSSA World Series Softball. We're excited to have time for "girls" stuff in the parks--shopping and just sight-seeing rather than running non-stop as the boys prefer! LOL

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT! I love my husband and going to Disney World with him, but we are two different people. Me and my mom are basically the same!
Also, we tried one day of running around and riding everything and it didn't turn out good haha. I'll have to put up with that next time with DH but me and mom just don't do that!

great TR so far - we loved AKL and were also lucky with the upgrade. Looking forward to hearing the rest - is the alcoholic dole whip only available during the festival?

My DD and I would love to have a similar Mum & daughter trip in adulthood and I can't imagine WDW without her :)

Joining in! :wave2:

That view is absolutely gorgeous and its crazy awesome that you got that upgrade like that! Definitely starting the trip on a high note!

And those margaritas look perfect and i'm having major cravings

Can't wait to see the rest of your report! popcorn::

another Canadian and hockey fan following along! Next Jan I am taking my 9 and 11 year olds on their first WDW trip, we're booked into a Savannah view at Jambo and I'm struggling to contain the excitement already..... Loving living vicariously through your report, thank you!

Joining in- I'm loving this so far. Awesome that you got upgraded to such a great view!

great TR so far - we loved AKL and were also lucky with the upgrade. Looking forward to hearing the rest - is the alcoholic dole whip only available during the festival?

My DD and I would love to have a similar Mum & daughter trip in adulthood and I can't imagine WDW without her :)

Thanks! Upgrades are fabulous. We weren't sure we'd NEED the view with all the viewing areas around but boy are we glad we got it after the fact.
And it's only available during the festival :( They really should think about doing it always. It's that good!

I can't stress enough how amazing mom and daughter trips are! Especially as adults. I call my mom every day and we only live 20 minutes away but the quality time is so necessary!

Joining in! :wave2:

That view is absolutely gorgeous and its crazy awesome that you got that upgrade like that! Definitely starting the trip on a high note!

And those margaritas look perfect and i'm having major cravings

Can't wait to see the rest of your report! popcorn::

Yeah I miss the margaritas most of all! Don't tell my husband, he thinks he makes really good ones :rotfl:

Subscribing.. Love your update so far!!

Thank you!

another Canadian and hockey fan following along! Next Jan I am taking my 9 and 11 year olds on their first WDW trip, we're booked into a Savannah view at Jambo and I'm struggling to contain the excitement already..... Loving living vicariously through your report, thank you!

Hockey fans are just the best, and Canadian ones are even better! I feel a little out of place here in the states but Denver gets pretty awesome if the team is doing well so that's a plus. When the Avs stink (which they've done so much of lately) I feel so lonely!

And oh my gosh! What a fantastic first trip for them! Best view on property. You all are going to love it!
Joining in- I'm loving this so far. Awesome that you got upgraded to such a great view!

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter