The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends... Been away for a while :hug:

Hi Rob!!
Heading down to VB again :banana: on the 18th - a little B'day present for me and one last shot of warm weather before the nasty stuff sets in up here.
Any tips for me ;).[/QUOTE]

Hey Deb!

Good for you! No tips... just wondering about the jar they used to have in the lobby the people sign a shell and put in it. We didn't see it the last time we were there and I'm wondering if they brought it back.

We're doing a Grand Gathering at WL first week of November. MB worked hard to work this out. Not our idea, but hopefully it will work out ok. Things have already been crazy. Probably 16 or so family members + MIL who wanted to make this trip with family before she kicks the bucket.

Have a great time. What a great time to go.... Perfect.

Hi friends... Been away for a while :hug:

Hi back to you! You've been on my mind, glad I opened this thread!!!

Have to try the cupcake place floridafam talked about.

BWV Dreamin, roysbrew, I hope you both have great VB vacations!!!! We have one coming up in June!!!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

thinking of booking on our 7th month (keeping our fingers crossed) anyway what southwest airport would be better for us if we do get vero beach?

Does anyone know how trash and towel and cleaning service works when you combine points and cash? We are staying 2 nights on points then 2 nights with cash then 2 nights with points again?

thinking of booking on our 7th month (keeping our fingers crossed) anyway what southwest airport would be better for us if we do get vero beach?

West Palm Beach is the closest, 84 miles. Unfortunately there are very limited non-stops there on SW.

Orlando is 95 miles. Ft Lauderdale is 130 miles. Tampa 155 miles.

I really can't think of any restaurants to recommend in the area. There isnt any good pizza down here, IMO. We like Woody's for BBQ. Everything else is so-so. I used to recommend Captain Hiram's but they have had a ton of health violations.

Panera is opening a new location soon right next to their current location in Vero. I like the bakery selection at Fresh Market in the Miracle Mile Plaza (near Panera.)

Check the SWA schedule from your airport to MCO, FLL and PBI (though FLL is a lot further away than MCO and PBI). My guess is that MCO is the most convenient if you are flying SWA.

We've been to VB twice and have flown into MCO because there are a lot more non-stop flights compared with the other options.

Looking at SWA's web site, the only non-stop service to West Palm Beach is from Tampa, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Long Island (Islip).

We are going to VB the second week of November. Is it still the no-see-um season? Or are they there all year round?

Also, does anyone have a recent copy of the activity sheet they can post?

Thanks!

I'm no sure about the no see ums.

We are headed down there next week. I'll try to figure out how to post our activity sheets when I return.

Have fun all your VB lovers who are leaving soon ! I'm jealous !

I'm in Tallahassee right now visiting my dd for Parents Weekend at FSU. But I wanted to give u all a head's up that this 2009 thread will most likely be closed the end of this month and my good pal Rob (DisneyDayDreamer) will be taking over the 2010 thread ! Rob and I had a chat over it. I tried to do my best to lead the 2009 thread and had fun doing it. But I just know Rob is going to do an awesome job with the taking the reigns of the 2010 thread. He is very knowledgable about VB and the general area and has a passion for it as well. So...just keep an eye out beginning in Nov for a new thread to start and we will link the 2009 thread to the new 2010 thread. I'll have to give Chuck a head's up on this.

Thanks everyone for all your support and enthusiastic participations in our VB Adoration chats ! You guys are great :goodvibes

Maria

Have fun all your VB lovers who are leaving soon ! I'm jealous !

I'm in Tallahassee right now visiting my dd for Parents Weekend at FSU. But I wanted to give u all a head's up that this 2009 thread will most likely be closed the end of this month and my good pal Rob (DisneyDayDreamer) will be taking over the 2010 thread ! Rob and I had a chat over it. I tried to do my best to lead the 2009 thread and had fun doing it. But I just know Rob is going to do an awesome job with the taking the reigns of the 2010 thread. He is very knowledgable about VB and the general area and has a passion for it as well. So...just keep an eye out beginning in Nov for a new thread to start and we will link the 2009 thread to the new 2010 thread. I'll have to give Chuck a head's up on this.

Thanks everyone for all your support and enthusiastic participations in our VB Adoration chats ! You guys are great :goodvibes

Maria

Maria, you did a great job with the thread, a lot of hard work and time went into it as well as the chair swap THANK YOU:worship:

I know Rob will do a great job. :thumbsup2

I'm heading down on the 18th :banana: can't wait.

Maria, THANK YOU so much for all your efforts!! You've done a wonderful job!!!....I have to ask thou, isn't the end of Oct a tad early to shut down the 09 thread?? Rob is entirely able to do a great job and I for one look forward to his increased participation!!!

Maria, you did a great job with the thread, a lot of hard work and time went into it as well as the chair swap THANK YOU:worship:

I know Rob will do a great job. :thumbsup2

I'm heading down on the 18th :banana: can't wait.

Maria did a fantastic job... I knew she was the right person to turn it over to for 2009. I'm going to try some new things with displaying information. Caskbill introduced me to this technique about a year ago. I hope it will make the thread shorter and easier to review information and photos.

I am just now acquiring information, data and charts from this thread to piece together the new, but I need help....

Much of the info needs to be updated... costs, events, resort technology, etc. PLEASE review the FAQs and other information for accuracy and for being current information. Also, any unanswered questions.

PM me your updates or post it here. I'll make sure everyone who has input is recognized for helping... kind of like a credits scroll. :)

Also, I want to have a "Favorite Photo" section, so post your single favorite VB photo here and I will put them together on the new thread. It doesn't matter if it is scenery or family.... Your single favorite.

Another idea... give me you your ONE best helpful tip about VB and I will put them together for viewing.

How about your ONE best memory?

Give me any ideas you have that might make a new thread special or better. Anything!

Tell me something I don't know about VB and I'll put them together.

We're going to make this the BEST thread on the DVC boards.

Thanks, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter