The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Maria, this thread really helped me plan my trip.

Rob thanks for contuning it next year.

We are headed down next week I'll try to get some undated prices and activity sheets.

Let me add my thanks to Maria. It's been a fun thread and the one I watch the most. Thanks for picking this up Rob.

Looks like our next trip to VB won't be until early 2012 :sad1: We are using a ton of points next summer for a 10 night, 2BR and 2 studios at BWV family trip :cool1:. Really looking forward to it.

John

Let me add my Thank You! to Maria. We had our first real stay at VB this year as well as sent my son and his DW on their honeymoon to VB. The chair swap was great wish we could do it again! My wife has fallen in love with Vero and I may have to drag her back to WDW, but drag her I will! We plan to go to Vero again this June! I'm sure Rob will take the ball and run and look for to putting my two cents worth in as well.

Bob

and I may throw in a Vero photo or two!

tuessunrise.jpg

poolatnight.jpg

We're driving to VB on the 22nd after 4 days at AKV. ARe the directions to VB on the reservation confirmation good enough to find the resort? They seem pretty sparse in detail.
IF anyone has good directions please share!

JoEllen

We're driving to VB on the 22nd after 4 days at AKV. ARe the directions to VB on the reservation confirmation good enough to find the resort? They seem pretty sparse in detail.
JoEllen

The directions are accurate. If you want something with a little more detail, use Mapquest or Google maps.

JoEllen

I would take 528 east and do one of following

If you are comfortable with driving high speed on the a major highway then take 95 south. This will get you there in about 2:20.

If you prefer a slower pace and some scenic views take A1A south. This will get you there in about 2:40.

Just go to Google and type the words "from disneyworld to disney vero beach" and then click on the word "maps" in the upper left side it will give you the step by step directions. You can click and drag the highlighted route on the map to change the route.

Have a great trip :beach:

Let me add my Thank You! to Maria. We had our first real stay at VB this year as well as sent my son and his DW on their honeymoon to VB. The chair swap was great wish we could do it again! My wife has fallen in love with Vero and I may have to drag her back to WDW, but drag her I will! We plan to go to Vero again this June! I'm sure Rob will take the ball and run and look for to putting my two cents worth in as well.

Bob

and I may throw in a Vero photo or two!

tuessunrise.jpg

poolatnight.jpg

Awsome! I can just sit and stare at that first one :cloud9:

I would take 528 east and do one of following

If you are comfortable with driving high speed on the a major highway then take 95 south. This will get you there in about 2:20.

If you prefer a slower pace and some scenic views take A1A south. This will get you there in about 2:40.

Just go to Google and type the words "from disneyworld to disney vero beach" and then click on the word "maps" in the upper left side it will give you the step by step directions. You can click and drag the highlighted route on the map to change the route.

Have a great trip :beach:

In March I took the A1A route south on a Saturday morning. I was constantly stuck behind slow moving motor homes and folks pulling trailers. I'd take A1A again...just not on the weekend!

Thanks Rob for your info. I printed out a nice Google map with directions which makes me feel alot more comfortable for a "Left Coaster" to find my way around!:)

We were able to get 3 nights in a OVIR April 30 - May 3rd and than 4 nights at our home resort AKV. We can't wait for Vero....It will be our first time!!!!

We were able to get 3 nights in a OVIR April 30 - May 3rd and than 4 nights at our home resort AKV. We can't wait for Vero....It will be our first time!!!!

First time... OVIR... bliss...

Be sure to ask for an ocean facing room when you get there.

Have a great time :beach:

Hey, what is that on the back of the lounge chairs? Is that the focus or light sensor laser from your camera?

It's not from the camera. Guess we'll just have to go back to Vero and investigate! I'm guessing that it is from the lights on the walkway behind the pool shining through the slats in the fence?

It's not from the camera. Guess we'll just have to go back to Vero and investigate! I'm guessing that it is from the lights on the walkway behind the pool shining through the slats in the fence?

I don't know... the image is showing a crossing pattern resulting in diamond shapes. I can't think of anything at VB that would project a red image and result in that criss-cross pattern... I think you must go back and figure this out.

Are not all OVIR facing the ocean:confused3

Yes...and sort-of.
While from all OVIR balconies you can see the sea, due to the layout of the structure, from some rooms you might have to work abit to see the sea....see? :lmao:

The best OVIR's are a "direct ocean facing room" and are located in such a way that as you sit on the balcony, the ocean fills your field of vision.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter