The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about the running path at the resort. I saw it listed somewhere, but I cant find any other information on it. Is it a dirt path or paved and about how long is it. Thanks. Also, is the main road in front of the resort too busy to run on? Id be looking to run about a 5 mile loop.

We'll be at VB OVIR for the first time, staying for a few days before the Dream Maiden Voyage.

Will arrive Jan 23rd, leave the 26th. Looking forward to a few relaxing days to get into vacation mode :goodvibes

Praying for warm weather - it's too cold up here in PA!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Lin

We are cruising on the Dream May 1 and want to do 2 nights either wdw or Vero. We have Jambo booked and plan to take limo to port. We are cruising with neighbors so its 4 adults and 4 children. We would like to stay at Vero before but the transfer/car rental is challenging us. Anyone with travel ideas from MCO to Vero then to Port. :)

Thanks for this starting this thread up again!

Bummed we won't be heading back agian in Feb this year (breaks a 8 year stretch :headache:) ... on bright side we will be back in August (8/6 - 8/13)and we got a beach cottage!:cool1:

Maybe a long weekend in March.... we will see how bad our winter here is this year and how desperate I am to find HOT weather.

We are staying for two nights before our Disney Dream 5 night cruise. We love relaxing at Vero!:banana:

If you'll post your dates, I'll add them to the roll call.

Edited: Never mind, I see you sent me a PM. I"ve added you to the rollcall!

John

We are cruising on the Dream May 1 and want to do 2 nights either wdw or Vero. We have Jambo booked and plan to take limo to port. We are cruising with neighbors so its 4 adults and 4 children. We would like to stay at Vero before but the transfer/car rental is challenging us. Anyone with travel ideas from MCO to Vero then to Port. :)

Whenever I've cruised and had a rental car I've been able to drop the car off near the port and gotten a free shuttle from the car rental place to the ship. I've never cruised out of the Disney port, but you might want to check into it. Seems like a mini van or 2 cars for your group.

Can anyone tell me about the running path at the resort. I saw it listed somewhere, but I cant find any other information on it. Is it a dirt path or paved and about how long is it. Thanks. Also, is the main road in front of the resort too busy to run on? Id be looking to run about a 5 mile loop.

Anybody able to answer this? Our son, who runs marathons and is a professional soccer referee (MLS AR) in addition to his real job, does all the running for our family!

Updated Roll Call:

1/23 – 1-26 DisneyDuo
2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/10 - 6/12 bobbiwoz
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
6/24 – 6/25 iloveokw
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry
7/13 – 7/15 MrShiny
8/6 – 8/13 Mahusky

I ran 8 miles on Thanksgiving day at Vero. I couldn't find anything about a running path, so I just went out to the main road (A1A) and ran down that. It has a sidewalk well away from the road so it was safe. I saw plenty of runners and bicyclists. Just run early because it got HOT and there was no shade! I ended up cutting back to a beach access, and running out the rest of my run in the ocean. Darn. :rotfl2:

Do Vero! Do Vero! We did 2 nights there after our b2b on the Wonder and it was fantastic. We rented a car when we left the ship and kept it at Vero. That was nice because we stopped and got groceries after checking in. Bell services kept them cold for us while we waited for our room to be ready. We returned the car at MCO when we flew out. Look for coupon codes, I got a good one and kept the rental to a minimum. Budget was quick and easy to deal with at the Port. They pick you all up from the ship on the shuttle, take you to the rental agency just a mile or two away. Get in your car and go! they even have car seats for rent if you need those.

A new year and a new trip to look forward to. You can add us to the ROLLCALL PLEASE! Myself, DH, DS13 & DS9 will be there March 12-19!!! Can't wait!
It'll be our first trip to Vero and we are soooo looking forward to it! I'll have to start looking at all the restaurant reviews and enjoy not having to plan all of our days at parks!
We're staying in a OVIR as we were tight on points (just had a big trip with the inlaws in October). But if it's as great as everyone says we may end up buying a contract or looking for a house there for a trip this summer.
Anyone have any must-do recommendations for activities for our boys on their own or for the four of us together?

A new year and a new trip to look forward to. You can add us to the ROLLCALL PLEASE! Myself, DH, DS13 & DS9 will be there March 12-19!!! Can't wait!
It'll be our first trip to Vero and we are soooo looking forward to it! I'll have to start looking at all the restaurant reviews and enjoy not having to plan all of our days at parks!
We're staying in a OVIR as we were tight on points (just had a big trip with the inlaws in October). But if it's as great as everyone says we may end up buying a contract or looking for a house there for a trip this summer.
Anyone have any must-do recommendations for activities for our boys on their own or for the four of us together?

See you there. We will be there from the 12th to 18th of March. Just up the QEW in Stoney Creek. 3 famlies all in OVIR. :thumbsup2

Our DD13 and DD10 both love Vero activities. They spend the week doing everything they can. They do archery, play tennis, basketball and soccer. This year DD13 will do the introduction to SCUBA if they still offer it in the pool. DD10 enjoys the mini golf and ping pong.

March will not come soon enough for all of us :goodvibes

See you there. We will be there from the 12th to 18th of March. Just up the QEW in Stoney Creek. 3 famlies all in OVIR. :thumbsup2

Yay! Some fellow Canucks to chat with by the pool! March Break can't get here fast enough!!!:cool1:

We will also be at Vero Beach from March 11-15 then heading over to AKV. We will be staying in an OVIR also. Hope to see some of my fellow Ontarian's there. Can't wait.

:banana:

Rollcall updated with the March invasion by the Canadians!

1/23 – 1-26 DisneyDuo
2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
3/11 – 3/15 BernW
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/12 – 3/19 mickeywho?
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/10 - 6/12 bobbiwoz
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
6/24 – 6/25 iloveokw
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry
7/13 – 7/15 MrShiny
8/6 – 8/13 Mahusky

I ran 8 miles on Thanksgiving day at Vero. I couldn't find anything about a running path, so I just went out to the main road (A1A) and ran down that. It has a sidewalk well away from the road so it was safe. I saw plenty of runners and bicyclists. Just run early because it got HOT and there was no shade! I ended up cutting back to a beach access, and running out the rest of my run in the ocean. Darn. :rotfl2:

Perfect! Thanks so much!

Count us in for 6/27-7/6!

This will be our first trip to Vero (mom and 15yo daughter). Hoping we can handle the July heat and humidity.

I've got a Studio for 3 nights, then a 1 bdrm. There were ocean view inn rooms available (same number of points as studio). I chose the studio for the extra room (especially when sofa bed is folded up). Any strong recommendations to switch to OVIR?

Do they really still charge for internet? That would be kind of a bummer.

Thanks!

Any strong recommendations to switch to OVIR?

Do they really still charge for internet? That would be kind of a bummer.

Thanks!

The VIEW!!! :love: I am not a VB expert and have only stayed once but that was in an OVIR and the views are wonderful. I have my second stay coming this weekend and had a choice of rooms. I took the OVIR again even though the studio layout would work a bit better for me. You can't get that view from a studio.

No charge for internet. It's wireless and you will be given an access code at check in. No DVC resort charges its members for internet but they do charge cash stays (non-members).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter