The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. We are going to Vero for the first time 7/15 - 7/22 staying in an OVIR. Yay! Thank you for compiling all this wonderful information. I am looking forward to sharing what I have learned during my trip here as well. I have been looking into the different restaurants in the area and have become a fan of several on Facebook and they have wonderful daily specials. Can't wait to try them!

Ok I have a VB problem... we broke our Feb tradition not going this year...... buuuuttttt couldn't stand it any longer. We will be going Apr 16 - 21st!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Please add my family to the rollcall. We will be at VB from 2/16-2/23. Can't wait! Really had fun last year! Hoping for warmer weather though!
The delauzon family screen name delauzons. Thanks!

Anyone know if you can store refrigerated items if you check in and your room isn't ready? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they didn't do that at Vero. Thanks

Not sure if this will impact anyone driving from WDW to Vero.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26585150/detail.html

Thanks for the information floridafam.

Looking at other reports, the bridge impacted is on HWY 528 which runs between Orlando and Port Canaveral. This could impact folks who want to drive along the coast on A1A. It does appear, however, they have made one of the spans 2 way, so there are both east and west bound lanes available, although traffic may be delayed.

Floridafam: As you hear of other things, please let us know!

Thanks,

John

I've been sick for a few days...here's the updated rollcall:

1/7 – 1/9 KAT4DISNEY
1/15 – 1/18 Brandis
1/21 – 1/26 bethsg
1/23 – 1-26 DisneyDuo
2/16 – 2/23 delauzons
2/18 – 2/21 ajkmom3
2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
3/7 – 3/10 Jump4Joy8390
3/11 – 3/15 BernW
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/12 – 3/19 mickeywho?
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
3/26 – 3/28 hardingk
3/28 – 4/1 jjharts
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/16 – 4/21 Mahusky
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
5/25 – 5-29 cmctammyg
5/25 – 5/28 JanDave
5/26 – 5-31 dis2cruise
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/10 - 6/12 bobbiwoz
6/10 – 6/12 sarahk0204
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
6/12 Lenc324
6/24 – 6/25 iloveokw
6/27 – 7/6 mittelst
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry
7/13 – 7/15 MrShiny
7/15 – 7/22 FormrCastMbr
8/6 – 8/13 Mahusky

Anyone know if you can store refrigerated items if you check in and your room isn't ready? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they didn't do that at Vero. Thanks

Yes, they have one or two refrigerators available in the Bell's storage area to store groceries and such. We always check in and then head to the Publix to get groceries. If our room isn't ready by the time we get back they put the cold goods in the fridge/freezer and store the rest for us.

:beach:

Yes, they have one or two refrigerators available in the Bell's storage area to store groceries and such. We always check in and then head to the Publix to get groceries. If our room isn't ready by the time we get back they put the cold goods in the fridge/freezer and store the rest for us.

:beach:

Thanks so much -- that's great news. This means we can get all our grocery shopping done and check in without worrying about the cold stuff.

We have a beach cottage from March 12 until March 20, 2011. Does anyone have any recommendations for public golf courses in close proximity to Disney Vero Beach Resort? Any deals?

Wow!! Quite a thread! And I see some good friends of mine over here.:goodvibes

We are contemplating a first time stay at your lovely resort in early November. We are going on a cruise first and thought this might be fun afterwards. Probably going to get a 1 BR provided we can book in the 7 month window. Hopefully it won't be full! I look forward to gathering information. And thank you to the Thread Starter extraordinaire for such a fine thread!

Just wondering, OVIR ?ocean view inn rooms? Are these always studios? With the 1 BR where are these typically located? Views? Thanks!

Just wondering, OVIR ?ocean view inn rooms? Are these always studios? With the 1 BR where are these typically located? Views? Thanks!

The OVIRs are similar to a studio, but they are only in the "Inn" bulding and they have two queen beds instead of a king bed and sleeper sofa in the studios.

The 1 bdrms are in the three villa buildings. These buildings are U shaped with the bottom of the U facing the ocean. Views are limited by vegetation for sure, and also beach cottages block some view... third floor is best. Here is the layout.

There are three floors per building (elevators are included). The blue units are dedicated 2 bdrm. The pinks are 1 bdrm units and the purple are studios. The combination of a 1 bdrm and a studio makes a 2 bdrm lock-off unit.

VB2bdrm.jpg

Thought I would add the resort layout too.

VBMap.jpg

Hope that helps :beach:

Thanks for keeping the string alive. I always reference it before Vero trips. We always have a great time at Vero. It might be #1 on our list.:thumbsup2

Add me to the Roll call. We are going in April for my dd spring break for a week and the week after Christmas! I have a great local photographer lined up to get dd senior pictures done there!. I'm sure that she will find some great locations! We love it there!:beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter