The 6-11 AM day after Thanksgiving Walmart thread

Gail,
So you'd rather drink draino,eh? Hee, hee --that must be really bad. I know I feel like I'm taking my life in my hands just to go to Wallyworld the day after Thanksgiving. I guess I've never thought about how bad it would be to work at one of the big sale places! Good luck!!!

Luckily I don't have to shop this year (the trip is my kid's present) but I would like to pick up a couple of game boys for my kids to use on the plane! I don't know if I can make myself face those crowds though! I hate shopping anyway and when it is really crowded I get crabby really fast!

poohraedopey,
I would never get into trouble for helping a customer. IMHO, the best one there right now is the Nikon 7??. I don't remember model numbers very well, but, it is small, nice resolution,2.16, 8mb memory (you can use larger compact flash cards) and it comes with a battery charger, under 400.00 in my area.
Hope this helps.

Ads are indeed set for months out, but, we do do "save on their sales" all the time, even the last minute.
I was in Bentonville for training and did learn some of what was going to be on blitz, but, not all, in fact, I now know that that list is not totally complete.
IMHO, you work for someone, you know the rules, you cash the paycheck you then agree to abide by the rules.
Luckily, the competition will never beat our prices, they cannot, they are not big enough.

To my fellow associates out there, are they providing food for you during blitz? They are at my store, which I think is really nice.

Walmart advertisments proclaim made in the usa, I wonder if there is one item on that list of outright junk that is made in the usa? Come on bicycles for $25 and mountain bikes for $50? I would not buy my children one of those unsafe products. I would bet that 99% of it is made in China with the rest coming out of Thailand. Walmart is the sorriest excuse for a bunch of crap I have ever seen and I refuse to go into a wal-mart ever again.

Hi Gail! Yes, I think so. They are pretty good about preparing food for us on special occasions or when we have extra work to do, i.e. Christmas Eve, post inventory, New Year's, etc. Right now my Blitz schedule is posted as 5 p.m. till 11 p.m., but if they change it like last year then I'll be there at 6 a.m. :(
Good luck to us all!! :D

nuthut, Hi and Happy Holidays! :)

I haven't heard if they are providing food for us yet! Would be nice!

Nuthut, why do you hate WM so much?

Liz, Hi! I have a very dear SIL who hates Wal-Mart. She thinks that they stole all the business away from the small business owners, thus causing the small businesses to have to shut their doors. We do not argue about it or talk about it. I am respectful enough of her opinion not to purchase any of her gifts from W-M.
It seems to me that there are quite a few people who hate Wal-Mart, yet continue to shop in the stores. These people make me miserable. They complain about everything from service to quality. They think up one reason after another why they deserve a special discount. They storm out saying that they will never be back when denied a discount on their chosen object, but there they are again within a week or two.
I for one, am quite happy if the "haters" will shop elsewhere. It makes my job so much more peaceful..... ;)

Are any of those deals available online? Now that would be the way to shop! I'm up early anyway, with the baby & NO CROWDS!

Maybe next year??

Good luck Gail! I hope you get lots of nice customers that day (& everyday). And FWIW, my parents like their nikon digital camera.

Gillian,
Thank you , what a sweet thought.
Wal*Mart no longer advertises made in the USA and have not since they went international.
Nuthut, I just know you were one of my customers yesterday, nobody could have the same attitude, so, it must have been you.

Gillian, I had the same question, "Are any of these deals available online?" Allthough I'm sure of the answer, and it's not what we would like to hear. That's the ONLY way I would shop ANYWHERE the day after Thanksgiving!

No. unfortunately, these are in the store only. Just an FYI, if you see something on Walmart.com, they will not match the price in the store. It is a separate entity.

No Gail, I have not been in a wal-mart for at least 10 years. But I sure see a lot of the very low quality, inferior, made in china and other third world countries stuff they sell. Gee, does walmart provide health insurance benefits to all their workers, or is our tax dollar helping to support all those underpaid walmart workers? When walmart opened in our town, we had five localy own drug stores and three hardware.lumber stores and two grocery stores. No our downtown looks like a ghost town and you ask why why I dislike walmart. They are destroying small town USA. Does anyone out there care???????

Kmart is short for came apart and walmart is short for fell apart.

Where can a guy go to buy decent clothes? Not walmart. Not a decent item in the place let alone any thing that will fit a man who works for a living. We need Redwing shoes (Size 14) and Carhartt clothing (XL-T) not made in indonesia fall aparts. Were can a guy who is 6'4" buy his clothes. Not walmart.

I don't think I've ever bought any clothes or shoes at Wal-Mart either, but boy I love it for everything else - household stuff, school supplies, craft supplies, toys, etc. It sure beats driving to three or four different stores to find everything we need. I won't be there the day after Thanksgivng, though, because I'll be at the mall! :D

are the moderators going to have to move this to the debate board? ;)

Gail, I work in a service industry, so I understand some of what you must deal with!

Nuthut,
I would suggest that you make a visit to WalMart, much has changed in the last ten years.
Yes, they do provide insurance, for which they pay two thirds of the cost. I would hardly call the associates underpaid. They make far more than anyone in another retail establishment ( I am speaking of my geographic area). They are a very family orientated company and did come from small town roots. Large companies putting smaller ones out of business is not a Wal*Mart exclusive process. I think Best Buy, Comp USA and similar. Back 20 years ago it was Zayre's, Bradlees, Sears and Caldor's doing the same thing.
They now carry such brands as White Stag, Bobbie Brooks, Puritan, Wrangler, etc.
I primarily purchase dish soap, books, pet food, appliances and the like from them. You cannot beat the prices of electronics (name brands, btw), cameras, film, etc. All the items you put down as being inferior.
I rarely purchase clothes from them, I prefer makes such as Liz Claiborn, Aigner, etc. which are not available except in higher scale stores.
As to where someone 6'4" can purchase clothes, well, Wal*Mart does carry Dickies, I understand that is a good brand, but, I am not 6'4".
Nuthut, you need to shop where you are comfortable, no issue there, but, I do take issue with your blanket statement that they sell junk, don't provide insurance and underpay, which is absolutely untrue. They have their warts, no doubt about that, but, they are not the ogres you paint them to be.

Is everyone aware that WM sells musical Disney snowglobes? They are in the jewelry dept. Very cute! The only thing that would have made them better is if the song they played was from the movie depicted!

:jester:

I too work for WalMart, have to work Thanksgiving Day and the Day After and both days they are suppling food for the associates who have to work.... I dont know what they are serving Thursday but for Friday they are getting Dominos to deliever thru out the day....I think that is nice!

You all be nice to those associates working, we are kinda frazzled too!

Judy in Louisiana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter