The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

I have found spotty sources of internet for a very brief time. So am able to post here once in a great while. Just to let you all know I’m safe and still gathering adventures. Struggling big time with health, but keepin’ on keepin’ on.
Oooh...that's not what we wanted to hear. Will start praying for that as well.

Sorry to hear about the health issues, but I'm somehow not completely surprised. There have got to be all kinds of foreign bugaboos floating around in the air there just waiting to prey on folks who haven't built up an immunity to them. Stay safe and keep up the good work!

Made my flight home.

Barely.

Ask me how I got there. ;)
Your vehicle broke down on the way and had to get some type of transport via animal, barely making your flight.
I'm not being funny (or trying to be)...I suspect that could be the reason you barely made your flight.

I would kill for spaghetti and meatballs.
Wouldn't want you to go to jail...not likely you'd find any good Italian there. DW is Italian and makes killer spaghetti & meatballs (and Italian sausage and ribs and braciole [pronounced bra-zshal]). Stop by Atlanta and we'll fill you up on some of the best you've ever had.

Must run, Friends!

I have a plane to catch!
Not sure if I should say glad you're coming home or sorry it had to end, but then again, if y'all have been fighting health issues, probably glad to be coming home.

Last edited:
Glad you made your flight home but sorry to hear you struggled with some health issues while there. I hope you are feeling better now and gathering enough strength to eventually share your adventure with us!

Great that you have made it back to your home soil safely hopefully your health issues are gettng better.You captured some happy smiling faces in your photo.Plenty of time to tell your readers about your adventures health comes first.

Home safely (well, at least on US soil), and trying to re-assimilate and process.

Here is a small sneak preview of things to come.

I promise there are some great stories ahead!

Get ready for Adventures With Steppe....

Welcome home (or close enough. When will you get home home?)
Are those some of the kids that received the care packages?

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Welcome home (or close enough. When will you get home home?)
Are those some of the kids that received the care packages?

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
I get into Portland about midnight. :)

Yes, they are!!

C is for: Clearly I’m Home; Complete Contrasts!

Adventure takes on many forms. I welcome, no! pursue, it as often as I can. As I contemplate all that life has brought to me over the last month, while headed home at 36,000 feet, I can only describe it as a study in stark contrasts. One week I toured side by side with people “living the dream”; the next, alongside my fellow humanity living squarely on the porch of profound poverty, desperately stuck in the cycle of simply finding each day’s meal ( no ‘s’).

I freely admit to struggling some with reverse culture shock. The things I saw and experienced both exhilarated me and ripped my heart out; gave me joy and brought me to tears. But allow me if you will, Dear Reader, to share them intermingled, some with an upbeat, joking tone, some that will bring fascination, or evoke your imaginations, and perhaps, just perhaps, with your walking alongside me, bring it all to a resounding happy ending with your help and partnership. Hear me out, My Friends, and prepare yourselves now for:

The ABC’s of Yet Another Steppe Into Adventure!!

As with most things I do, I have decided to go about the telling of these adventures in a non- conventional way. Perhaps it will serve to highlight the night and day differences between the two parts of my time away. I also realize some of you may be more interested in one portion over the other. Lastly, waiting so long to write about my travels to West Africa may be detrimental to the telling. Memories fade; perspectives change. And, let’s face it, I’m excited and eager to tell you all about where my feet and heart have wandered for the past 3 weeks! Therefore, I’ve decided to do both portions (Disney and W. Africa) in tandem. Leapfrogging my way through my experiences seemed to be a good solution to staying excited about both trips.

And now, a word or two regarding how I will approach the writing for each of the places I visited. Being so vastly different, I cannot begin to chronicle them in the same way. Disney vacationing lends itself to whimsical, fun, and light-hearted narrative. As with my past TRs, it will not be a chronological recounting. What I did when won’t affect the story. ;)

In contrast, my time in Africa will be told in order. That portion demands a timeline approach. It also may require an altogether different tone at times; the themes and content may very well be sensitive, weighty, graphic, and/or controversial. I will insert my opinions as I try to make sense of what I encountered. I also feel I need to say, before beginning, that what I share is in absolutely ZERO way meant to elicit pity or undue bravado towards myself. I simply want to share what I saw and did exactly as it was.

As always, PLEASE share your comments, thoughts, opinions, discussion, observations, and jokes with the thread participants. That’s what makes DISBoarding fun!!

And now, perhaps to set the stage, I shall place us on 2 very different Main Streets: Main Street, USA, and Main Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone.

All for now...

Steppe

Next up:

D is for: Dapper Dapper Do!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter