The Bachelorette

I'm finally caught up!

1. I feel so bad for Dean. His father clearly doesn't want to address the thing Dean needs/wants him too. Dean is either going to figure out how to heal and grow past it anyway, or continue to suffer. Genuinely sad situation. His father is clearly repressing a great deal. There's a difference between moving past something and stuffing it deep, and it seems like they both chose the latter. Hopefully Dean figures it out soon.

2. So called Bryan's mom. She cray. Having a cray MIL myself (maybe worse) it isn't easy-you absolutely do marry the family. I don't doubt Rachel's ability to suss out her limitations and desires though- and she seemed unmoved by it. It could be there is a "lost in translation" element there which makes it sound worse than it is. Too intense for me though!

3. I finally figured out what seemed "off" about Eric to me.
Screenshot_2017-07-24-14-16-21-1.png
Screenshot_2017-07-24-14-05-51-1.png
See the difference? My husband and I were talking about it-and I think the glazed hard look that other posters have attributed to drug use is his stone face. He has needed that face in life. But when he's with Rachel dude LIGHTS UP. Like, looks totally different. I like him. Not sure he's right for Rachel, but it will break his heart if he isn't.

4. I want Eric's aunt as a mother-in-law.
ETA: She just did a TEDtalk!

http://ideas.ted.com/why-talking-about-race-on-the-bachelorette-matters/

5. Peter's friends are interesting. I think that Peter is very smart and there's more to him than we know. Not sure how it will play out. His mom's answer regarding commitment only proved that she knows her son well, and that a leap like marriage won't come easily to him. Wanting a marriage and being ready to have a marriage are worlds apart. Commitment is only one facet of the latter.

6. I might need more booze for the rest of this. Intense!

Last edited:
I want the spoilers to be a lie. Rachel, pick Eric! He adores you, and the dates with him were a joy to watch. Look at that smile, nothing fake there.

Wish I could tell her something. She's a smart, accomplished woman who doesn't need a man to take care of her. So marry a man who doesn't think he deserves you for a long, happy marriage. Ha

I want the spoilers to be a lie. Rachel, pick Eric! He adores you, and the dates with him were a joy to watch. Look at that smile, nothing fake there.

Not an Eric fan but completely understand what you're saying.

And I will add that Rachel is completely different around him. She's so cute. Well she's so cute doesn't really explain it well. Laughing. It is just interesting to me what Eric brings out in her. A really different side of her that none of the others brings out.

I find Eric extremely moody. I could never do moody. Maybe because I am. :rotfl:

There's a difference between moving past something and stuffing it deep, and it seems like they both chose the latter. Hopefully Dean figures it out soon.

:thumbsup2

He's young. He will begin to understand that parents can make tremendous mistakes, and still love you, and that they are who they are. Obviously his father checked out when he lost his wife and his children needed him - of course. Sigh all around.

Last edited:
Too intense for me though!

Um yes. I sat there wondering what her husband thought of her calling her son "the love of my life". I get thinking that you adore and love your son like no tomorrow and want his happiness but really.

I am really not into mothers that treat their sons like they are their husbands. And yes you do marry the family. If I'm not overly comfortable, and I'm relatively easy in that area, no amount of love would be enough to go through that. Kudos to his former girlfriend.

My SIL is Colombian. Mother/son love is even that more intense - meaning more aggressively set, culturally. But I still don't think she would be that involved. I hope.

Josh's family - Andi's choice -came across to me as scary as hell, especially his mother. And look how that turned out.

but it will break his

Absolutely.

regarding commitment only proved that she knows her son well

I get it. But why say it so flat out like that? It just seemed so strange to me. It's not like someone threw him into this show where if you're in love you usually get engaged. I guess I felt that she could have answered that she wasn't sure what he would do but I know he cares about you Rachel (if he does.)

And if he knows he doesn't feel enough for Rachel why not walk away? My thoughts are he wants to be the Bachelor.

And I'm only stating all this because Rachel has been very upfront what she is looking for/what she wants in life.

Last edited:
Thoughts ---

I now understand what my issue is with Peter. His complete persona changed at some point, or has been edited that way. I don't think Rachel even realizes that she doesn't really need a proposal from him, even though that is what she goes on about. I honestly think that she has no clue where she stands with him - that is really the issue - and has become insecure with their relationship because something has definitely changed. And that if she had more that she might be able to bend a bit. He used to give her compliments and such. But very little lately. And although he was never light-hearted he certainly was never this robotic.

Rachel just needs something very simple from him, but it is like he is talking to a neighbour. It is so bizarre. But I agree with both of them. There is no middle ground with their thoughts.

Eric, God love him, is growing on me suddenly. I understand that some of his early nonsense was his fight not to be vulnerable.

Bryan - blah. His line that I am sure I will impress them, blah.

Not excited about any of them.

I want Matt back. :rotfl2:

Loved Rachel's mom.

I really feel for Rachel at this point. I am wowed by her. One thing I love about her is I never feel like she is setting anyone up with her questions. She really wants to understand the person in front of her.

I don't have a fair view of this season because I just started watching last week at the hometowns! lol!

But from an outsider's perspective, I find Peter to be the most physically attractive and actually respect his stand-offish approach when it comes to love and the proposal. He's not telling Rachel what she wants to hear just so she chooses him and to me, that shows that maybe he's there for the right reasons. Bryan is at the opposite end of the spectrum it seems. He will say and do whatever is necessary to be chosen and will milk the Bachelorette money train. And Eric seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I do think they are at different experience and maturity levels and it seems apparent to me.

IMO, just from what I've seen, Rachel's reaction to Peter not telling her what she wants to hear seems pretty heavy which tells me she probably likes him the best. But the potential lack of proposal, the one thing she wanted all of this, is a killer for her. I think she will need to decide if she sticks it out with Peter even though there may not be a proposal, or go with the more sure thing in Bryan or Eric knowing she will get that ring.

I saw on Instagram yesterday that Dean and Raven from Nick's season have been hanging out, seemingly in a romantic way. They would be so cute and perfect for each other!

TOTALLY agree about Eric!!!!!!!
Like the dude!!!!

Adelaster, you just absolutely nailed that. I have been seeing that since about halfway thru.

But, the awkwardness and lack-of-fit when he was meeting her family really showed.
He is going to have to lose that face and mannerisms and man-up and lose some of his immaturity to make it.

At the VERY end of their fantasy date, as he was leaving the next morning.... he COMPLETELY lost that persona, and immaturity...
He gave her a wonderful full-eye-contact gaze and just said... "I love you.... I am here for you...."
That was a true 'moment'.

Bryan's mom is absolutely psycho... guzzling down that drink and then the 'I will kill you...'
She is absolutely psycho....
And that smug grin of hers when she thought that she was 'winning' and had maintained complete control.
Totally just 'sick'.

I LOVED how every single one of Rachel's family saw right thru Bryan's act.. That he is worthless 'playa'.
The looks on every one of their faces was just priceless.
You just can't 'script' that!
In fact, it was so 'too good to be true' that I wondered if the family had been tipped off or somehow found out about his past.

And Peter....
Ohhhh good lord.... Man, you should have dropped out of this thing and gone and gotten some professional help to get over your commitment phobia.
He want's to screw her over and propose that they 'date'....
How totally immature and self-centered, disrespectful, and inappropriate.

But, hey....
It is always interesting to watch a train-wreck!!!!

Last edited:
Rachel's reaction to Peter not telling her what she wants to hear seems pretty heavy which tells me she probably likes him the best....

I see that a little differently.
I see this entire thing with Peter as being SO scripted.
It is glaringly obvious that when they are not being 'posed' and 'directed', there is absolutely ZERO physical contact there.
Peters arms and hands are always just down at his side, or he is clasping his own hands together. Don't have to be a body language expert here to see the obvious.

Now, Rachel's reaction to getting upset and actually angry and getting her-back-up to her own mom, who seems to be a very wonderful woman who Rachel respects and has been very close to... That tells everything.

I see that a little differently.
I see this entire thing with Peter as being SO scripted.
It is glaringly obvious that when they are not being 'posed' and 'directed', there is absolutely ZERO physical contact there.
Peters arms and hands are always just down at his side, or he is clasping his own hands together. Don't have to be a body language expert here to see the obvious.

Now, Rachel's reaction to getting upset and actually angry and getting her-back-up to her own mom, who seems to be a very wonderful woman who Rachel respects and has been very close to... That tells everything.

I hear you. Definitely would not discount the scripted notion. I was basing it more off the previews for next week - both Rachel and Peter are in tears and she seems pretty tore up. Unless the editing made the previews something it's not which is entirely possible. I just feel like if she was leaning towards Bryan or Eric, she wouldn't have such a strong reaction to Peter's unwillingness to commit to the proposal.

Ohhhhh, they just have zero shame when it comes to the editing.

Remember when they showed Kenny with that cut on the side of his forehead, like Lee had injured him in a fight.

Seriously, pay no attention to that editing.
And, remember, tears are definitley an end-goal and payoff to the producers, even if they are 'generated'.

Ugh, this season. Maybe she will go back and start dating one of the guys she sent home. Any good ones there? I don't think she's into Eric, she didn't light up when finally said he loved her.

Did I dream this or did they really preview her thinking she might not be engaged at the end of this? Yet, they actually let her announce before episode 1 (during press rounds), that she is engaged.

As if we forgot ...

Remember when they showed Kenny with that cut on the side of his forehead, like Lee had injured him in a fight.

And, remember, tears are definitley an end-goal and payoff to the producers, even if they are 'generated'.
Totally agree! The previews for this week showed Brian "storming" from the dinner table at Rachel's house? They showed that again during the episode, cut to commercial, and then never addressed it, whatsoever, when the episode resumed! What the heck???

Totally agree! The previews for this week showed Brian "storming" from the dinner table at Rachel's house? They showed that again during the episode, cut to commercial, and then never addressed it, whatsoever, when the episode resumed! What the heck???

I read this morning that Rachel came out and said that was when Bryan went to go speak with her father. I recall from Nick's season that her father can't be on camera due to his job as a federal judge. But yes, the editing made it way more dramatic than how it actually played out, if that was in fact when he went to talk to her dad.

Very true! But she did say she was devastated at the thought that Peter wouldn't be able to commit. If she was leaning towards one of the other guys, I would think that statement from him would be less devastating and more confirmation for her to not choose him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter