The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Anxiously waiting for your report 😜
Ah! Totally forgot to report back!!

I really enjoyed this show (Kimberly Akimbo)! Very different and fun, I laughed so much and also cried a bit! I also thought Justin who played Seth was so good!

I was 2/2 on shows I really enjoyed this past weekend which is always nice!

I don’t have another show for a bit, but I have &Juliet and Merrily we roll along coming up in December.

Ah! Totally forgot to report back!!

I really enjoyed this show (Kimberly Akimbo)! Very different and fun, I laughed so much and also cried a bit! I also thought Justin who played Seth was so good!

I was 2/2 on shows I really enjoyed this past weekend which is always nice!

I don’t have another show for a bit, but I have &Juliet and Merrily we roll along coming up in December.
Sooo agree about Justin! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Just looked at some of the new shows announced. I am so excited for a Camelot revival. Not sure on Sweeney Todd. Casting people younger than me is making me feel old! :sad::sad::sad::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Fun fact about Sweeney: Josh Groban is OLDER then Len Cariou was when he originated the role!

Camelot is not my fave Lerner and Loewe (I do enjoy some of the music) but having seen some of the workshop casting for this revival it could be very good

Fun fact about Sweeney: Josh Groban is OLDER then Len Cariou was when he originated the role!

Camelot is not my fave Lerner and Loewe (I do enjoy some of the music) but having seen some of the workshop casting for this revival it could be very good
SHHHHH Let me think everyone is desperately older than me!!!!! :rotfl: I honestly didn't know that. I don't think I ever did the math on his age. Age aside, I do think Josh Groban is a good pick. Camelot isn't my favorite but I do really like it. I am cautiously optimistic.

SHHHHH Let me think everyone is desperately older than me!!!!! :rotfl: I honestly didn't know that. I don't think I ever did the math on his age. Age aside, I do think Josh Groban is a good pick. Camelot isn't my favorite but I do really like it. I am cautiously optimistic.
I agree I think Josh is a great pick too (and yes he *is* over 40)

I am not the biggest fan of Lerner and Loewe shows period. Camelot I think has the best book but the best combo of book and score is Brigadoon. And I’m not saying that cuz I’ve done the show either. It has its faults but when it hits it hits

I agree I think Josh is a great pick too (and yes he *is* over 40)

I am not the biggest fan of Lerner and Loewe shows period. Camelot I think has the best book but the best combo of book and score is Brigadoon. And I’m not saying that cuz I’ve done the show either. It has its faults but when it hits it hits
I adore Brigadoon. I am praying a local theater will do it near me. I am dying to do it! I just can't believe Josh Groban is in his 40s now. LOL

I adore Brigadoon. I am praying a local theater will do it near me. I am dying to do it! I just can't believe Josh Groban is in his 40s now. LOL
I feel like we all forget how YOUNG Josh was when “You raise me up” debuted. He left the Carnegie Mellon musical theatre program (where he was alongside Josh Gad, Rory O’Malley and Leslie Odom Jr-Leslie’s broadwaycom vlogs for Hamilton show them all singing you raise me up while poor Dan stevens is so lost it’s great I love how they all riff off each other and how Josh Groban is always a great sport) and he was like 19 when he did that…..so crazy!

I adore Brigadoon as well’

I feel like we all forget how YOUNG Josh was when “You raise me up” debuted. He left the Carnegie Mellon musical theatre program (where he was alongside Josh Gad, Rory O’Malley and Leslie Odom Jr-Leslie’s broadwaycom vlogs for Hamilton show them all singing you raise me up while poor Dan stevens is so lost it’s great I love how they all riff off each other and how Josh Groban is always a great sport) and he was like 19 when he did that…..so crazy!

I adore Brigadoon as well’
He's a year younger than me, so the casting is reminding me how old I am getting! :rotfl:

Saw Some Like It Hot. Boy, was that an exhilarating show! I’m a dancer so I loved all of the dancing. Such great choreography. Christian Borle was hysterical, as usual. Singing was fierce 🔥 🔥. It was only the second night of previews but it seemed pretty tight already, considering all of the intricate dance scenes.

Definitely recommend. 👌🏼

Fortunate enough to see Parade on a limited engagement. Had no idea how hot the ticket was (dozens of people standing outside of the theater offering to buy our tickets 😳).

Was very well done. Ben Platt is still a beast!

Fortunate enough to see Parade on a limited engagement. Had no idea how hot the ticket was (dozens of people standing outside of the theater offering to buy our tickets 😳).

Was very well done. Ben Platt is still a beast!

Yes, it is only playing for something like a week!

If we are allowed off-Broadway, I highly recommend Where the Mountain Meets the Sea, at the Manhattan Theater Club. Two actors, two musicians and beautiful story telling. We saw this when in NYC two weeks ago and my wife was moved to tears at the end.

I also got to see Hadestown for the fifth time (one touring production, the rest on Broadway) and Lilias White is amazing as Hermes. I’ll be sad to see Patrick Page leave as his Hades is just… iconic. But then I wasn’t sure who could replace Andre de Shields either and they have nailed that cast change.

I foresee limited engagements that then extend becoming more and more a thing which I do like.

I foresee limited engagements that then extend becoming more and more a thing which I do like.

You were right Phantom of the Opera has a mini extension now to April 16, after there has been an uptick in sales. It's supposed to be the only extension as the Majestic Theatre is set for some renovations after it closes in April.

https://www.playbill.com/article/mo...f-the-opera-sets-new-closing-date-on-broadway

Someone compiled the various free Christmas tree lightings
ChristmasTree2.gif
around the city.

Tonight is the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, complete with concert starting at 7pm - 10pm on NBC.

Screenshot_20221130-142838~2.png
Screenshot_20221130-142854~3.png
Screenshot_20221130-142928~2.png

TIP: Do NOT use cabs or Ubers in Midtown Manhattan. Various streets are blocked off from from traffic until the beginning of January. Also, on Sundays, Fifth Ave will be closed to traffic from 48th St - 58th St. It is being turned into a pedestrian walkway to go shopping, sightseeing, etc. from noon to 6 pm.

This means ALL the traffic in Midtown (and rippling beyond in all directions) have to detour around and away from that area. That means major delays of just taking 20 minutes or more in a cab just inching down 1 block. Use the subways and walk when possible.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/new-york/rockefeller-center-street-closures-christmas-tree

Forgot to mention that I saw Ain’t No Mo’ on their first night of previews.

There were some stellar acting performances, but I’ll have to say that I’m not quite sure how I feel about the show as a whole🤷🏽‍♀️ It was kind of all over the place and things need to be tightened up a bit.

It started almost 40 minutes late (I think they were holding the house for a few A-list people).

I’m willing to give it another try in a few weeks, hoping that they have worked out the kinks. The plot is what enticed me to see it, but I think a lot of things went over my head. 😕. My sister saw it on a different day and explained some things to me that I missed, so I need to go back and catch those things, so I can have closure with this show. 🤣

Thank you for the information about traffic formations in NYC. I typically drive into the city when I visit. My DH has been wanting to take a trip in soon. I may hold him off until January. I'll let him be the deciding factor once he has this knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter