The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Headed to NYC this weekend to see Myles Frost in MJ the Musical. Very excited. Was thinking about checking out the Little Island. Staying in the Financial District and will be walking and taking the subways.

We loved Visiting Zabar’s last year and was wondering if C. O. Bigelow’s is along those lines, everything you could want and more, under one roof?

Any suggestions for healthy quick meals down that way? Anything special going on in town we need to check out?

Headed to NYC this weekend to see Myles Frost in MJ the Musical. Very excited. Was thinking about checking out the Little Island. Staying in the Financial District and will be walking and taking the subways.

We loved Visiting Zabar’s last year and was wondering if C. O. Bigelow’s is along those lines, everything you could want and more, under one roof?

Any suggestions for healthy quick meals down that way? Anything special going on in town we need to check out?
Sweet greens is a great quick salad place, there are tons in the city.

Feast of San Gennaro started, It will be BUSY, but it’s a ton of fun!

Depending where in the financial district your staying the oculus and Brookfield place are good to walk around eat and shop. But should be beautiful this weekend so not sure you want to spend that time inside.

Enjoy I’ll be in the city this weekend too and so excited for the nice weather!

Saw Death Of A Salesman. It’s still in previews so things are evolving. That being said, Wendell Pierce is a FORCE! I have loved his acting for years, and this performance is the finest I’ve seen. #Tony

Andre De Shields….perfection 👌🏾

The sons need to up their game though. Will see it again once they iron out everything.

If you liked Zabars, you may like Eataly, if you are into Italian foods. There's also Fairway Market up on Broadway & 75th St. It's become a bit run down as they've been struggling financially. So the ambiance isn't like Zabars. But they have a fantastic cheese section and roasted coffees. You can sample the cheeses.

I love Sweet Greens. I do a "build your own" bowl and customize the salad. I load up my bowl with EVERYTHING. Quinoa & chick peas are my proteins, then pile on everything else. 🥰

Last edited:
Staying in the Financial District and will be walking and taking the subways.

Since you are staying down there, I had already posted a show/exhibition that just opened down in the Financial District. Not sure how late they stay open, but it may be something to see one evening, after spending the day uptown.

It's an Immersive Klimt. The Immersive Van Gogh was extremely popular

Here's my post on it with link in the post to the show.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...hings-broadway.2061008/page-276#post-64307997

If you are looking to make sure certain shows last, take advantage of 2 for 1 week and mailers. While things shouldn’t run forever, you can tell things are starting to take its toll.

Also BCEFA Flea is this Sunday! Sadly I have to miss it this year! Can get some great stuff and all goes to a great cause!

Seeing Titanique again tomorrow evening! Can’t wait!

Hoping to get my Leopoldstat tickets too!

Beetlejuice has also announced they are closing Jan 8. :(

I have a feeling more show may decide to only run during the summer months, the way summer stock theatre does. It's just become too expensive to stay open on Broadway, especially now, during such high inflation.

There is a show opening at the Vivian Beaumont at Lincoln Center in Nov. (I forget the name.) But, from the quick news blurb I saw, it appears to be a one person show, I think. Easier to produce. Only one actor's salary to pay, etc. No huge elaborate set changes requiring a lot of stagehands.

Beetlejuice has also announced they are closing Jan 8. :(

I have a feeling more show may decide to only run during the summer months, the way summer stock theatre does. It's just become too expensive to stay open on Broadway, especially now, during such high inflation.

There is a show opening at the Vivian Beaumont at Lincoln Center in Nov. (I forget the name.) But, from the quick news blurb I saw, it appears to be a one person show, I think. Easier to produce. Only one actor's salary to pay, etc. No huge elaborate set changes requiring a lot of stagehands.
Vivian Beaumont is usually limited run unless a hit comes through h like War Horse and South Pacific did.

I foresee limited engagements that then extend becoming more and more a thing which I do like.

I am excited for new works AND eventual revivals of things that are leaving

I love Sweet Greens. I do a "build your own" bowl and customize the salad. I load up my bowl with EVERYTHING. Quinoa & chick peas are my proteins, then pile on everything else. 🥰

I had a craving for Sweet Greens since you mentioned it. ❤️ I'm munching on the warm portobellos now. 🥰

I had a craving for Sweet Greens since you mentioned it. ❤️ I'm munching on the warm portobellos now. 🥰
It’s one of the things I miss most since I took a job in Jersey, lunch from Sweet Green, just need them to expand to the suburbs!

How am i JUST now finding this thread??? :D We are headed to NYC Saturday, taking our 12 yo for his first time and seeing Music Man on Saturday night, Into the Woods on Sunday afternoon, and Beetlejuice Sunday night. Elizabeth Teeter is our son's private tap teacher's daughter, so hoping to connect after the show!

How am i JUST now finding this thread??? :D We are headed to NYC Saturday, taking our 12 yo for his first time and seeing Music Man on Saturday night, Into the Woods on Sunday afternoon, and Beetlejuice Sunday night. Elizabeth Teeter is our son's private tap teacher's daughter, so hoping to connect after the show!

:welcome: to the thread. This thread is definitely a wonderful group collaboration. :grouphug: Have a great time while here. The weather is supposed to be great on Saturday. :sunny:

Last edited:
Word to the wise for mailers: most newer shows do not allow the mailers to be used on weekends (unless during a holiday season or preview period).

I don’t understand how they could do that. They need money it’s insane. Thank god for lottos/rush and tdf

What a great weekend! Perfect weather! We did not make it to Sweet Greens but had breakfast at Lafayette this morning. It was divine. The Lemon Ricotta pancakes were yum and the Brie omelet, really rich but good. Most of the rest of our meals were a Trader Joe’s as usual. Have to watch my carb intake in order to avoid diabetic medications.

Had dinner one night at the Halal Guys. So funny hearing everyone in line talking about the hot sauce and giving props the lady that could tolerate “3 lines”. (Not me!)

Had drinks after the show last night on the roof of The Peninsula Hotel. Met up with friends from home also there this weekend and had some great laughs. So good after 2+ years of Covid affecting you personally and at work as health care providers.

Staying down in the financial district had 19,000 steps Friday and 13,000 Saturday.

As far as MJ the Musical. The end is so strong and unexpected, I left there unable to articulate. The bass and drums are so loud, you feel it in your chest although it doesn’t bother your ears. So not sure how they do that. Several times I jumped in my seat with things unexpected.

I’ve listened to interviews on the Sirius XM Broadway channel and knew it was told from the perspective of one day of rehearsal but had no expectations that so much story would be told. It’s not just a jukebox musical. It far exceeeded any expectation I had. If you are a fan of the music, go see it. Myles was fabulous as well as the entire cast.

Saw Titanique again last Friday and still as hilarious as the first time! If you eat at The Chelsea Bell across the e street and show you’re ticket you get 20% off!

Saw Six for the 3rd time this weekend, such a fun show! Took my 8 year old with another mother daughter group.

So fun! Which leads to the next question, what else should I take her too, on my list is wicked, lion king and she is asking to see Beetlejuice before it closes.

I’ve seen them all and honestly can’t decide, i feel like 6 is such a different type of show and part of the reason she loved it!

Other suggestions? I think she would have enjoyed music man honestly but I’m not paying those prices to go again…

Saw Six for the 3rd time this weekend, such a fun show! Took my 8 year old with another mother daughter group.

So fun! Which leads to the next question, what else should I take her too, on my list is wicked, lion king and she is asking to see Beetlejuice before it closes.

I’ve seen them all and honestly can’t decide, i feel like 6 is such a different type of show and part of the reason she loved it!

Other suggestions? I think she would have enjoyed music man honestly but I’m not paying those prices to go again…
Wicked would be my suggestion.

Into The Woods 👌🏾

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter