The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

Welcome back!! I also worked "essentially" but since we live in Florida we have gotten to go back several times since they reopened. Is it weird that that the first thing I thought when I saw Casey was how grown up she got! I usually just lurk and read without comment but this made me realize I have been reading your dining reports for years now!

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. It sounds like you enjoyed the Swan. We are considering staying at the S/D during a future trip, especially if Disney isn't going to offer discounts for YC/BC.

Welcome back!! I also worked "essentially" but since we live in Florida we have gotten to go back several times since they reopened. Is it weird that that the first thing I thought when I saw Casey was how grown up she got! I usually just lurk and read without comment but this made me realize I have been reading your dining reports for years now!
So funny I was thinking the same thing about Casey. She is really growing up. That is a sign of a lot of good food reviews!

Ok, I finally showed up. But, you knew I wouldn't miss it. Oh, how I've missed your reports.
So good seeing you my friend. 😘😘

I’m here wouldn’t miss a tipsy dining review from you!
I think I saw a typo about 30 ADRS,:rotfl:

I agree about Nomads Lounge, we love it and every drink we have tried is very good.

Excited to hear about all your good eats!

Yes, they’re back!!!!!!!!! Oh, a dozen days at Mickey’s place sounds pretty good to me!

I always knew that Casey had taste. You have been very sensible in tuning up her palate early. My parents did the same for me. We were at a good restaurant when I was very young - three at most. I ordered oysters. The waiter was surprised and wondered whether I meant it. My mother told him that I did indeed mean it. She never limited my food adventure and it’s great to see another girl heading toward foodie nirvana!

Can’t wait for the next instalment! :cloud9:

Hi Tracy!!!!! Hope you are doing well. Miss seeing you around these parts.
Doing well here (well, minus the fact that I haven't been to Disney in nearly 2 years :sad: ). But in time I'm sure I'll be securing my next AP ;)

:rotfl2: No judgement but you and a certain buzzy lady may have been in my mind :D
No surprise there :laughing:

We were slowing dying too. I really didn't believe we were actually going to go until a few days before. Fate and covid certainly seemed to keep us away but so happy we got back. So happy in fact I may or may not have 2 more trips planned :oops:
YAY! So happy to hear that!

Good Morning Everyone! Sorry for the delay in getting this party started. Been dealing with some family medical stuff but thankfully everything seems to be on the upswing. Hoping to get the first post up this weekend.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, Topolino's is #1 on my list. Can't wait for another great meal there! It'll be a year and 10 months since my last meal there!
As it should be. Disney Dining Perfection

Super excited to follow along!
:welcome:

I just saw something last night about Jiko opening up sooner than later...
Hi there! Yeah I think its opening at the end of August after we are going to be back. Though I should say if we are going to be back. Things are definitely in flux

I didn't realize you were going for so long!! Ia m beyond jealous of how long you guys were there for!!!
With the Savannah part of the trip we were gone from home for 15 days!!! I figured after almost 2 years away we deserved it

Oh, hooray! I’m a longtime lurker and super fan! I LOVE your dining reports, and absolutely cannot wait for this one to get rolling!
Welcome from lurkerdome. I used to life their myself :D Hope you enjoy

Happy to see you folks have been able to get back. Looking forward to following along. 🍻
Thanks for joining me again!

So excited to read another one of your reports!
Thank you. So excited to share

Adore your reports and was hoping you'd do one for this trip. Looking forward to translating some tipsy notes. Thanks for getting the pina colada song stuck in my head. :rotfl: It's actually one of my favorite songs. I can't believe how grown-up Casey is looking! I am in awe of her palate ... I am sad for the years I lost to being a picky eater. But making up for it now! :rolleyes: With you on hoping Jiko reopens soon ... missing that wild boar tenderloin!
Hello there fellow foodie!!! Hope you are doing well. I don't look at my notes until I start to right so not sure how many tipsy notes may be in there. I with a longer trip and the heat I feel like we paced ourselves a bit but we shall see.

I love me some pina colada song too. My radio is usually either on Margaritaville or Yacht Rock radio so its a staple.

Casey is getting way too old way too fast. She just went to the dr. yesterday and she'd grown 5 inches in the last year and a half. She's gonna be as tall as me pretty soon.

Long time lurker here! I cannot wait to read your reviews!
Thanks for joining in and saying hello

Thanks so much for reading along. I think Casey was 3 when I did my first report eons ago and time sure is flying. Please continue to say hi. I only bite occasionally :earboy2:

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. It sounds like you enjoyed the Swan. We are considering staying at the S/D during a future trip, especially if Disney isn't going to offer discounts for YC/BC.
Hi there!!! The Swan really was a great experience. I'm not sure why it took us so long to get there but with Disney rates on the rise and onsite benefits dwindling I'm thinking it won't be our last time

I'd love to hear your Savannah recommendations as well! I'm headed there in a few weeks!
We oddly haven't eaten out a ton in Savannah. Our friends that live there are great cooks so we eat in a lot but a few that come to mind for me....
Collins Quarter - Only had brunch here but it was great
Treyler Park - It can be hard to get into but they have some interesting options. They also own a place called Hitch that is easier to get in to
Coastal Empire - Great brewery
Crystal Beer Parlor - One of the older places in Savannah/Its burger and sandwiches and nothing fancy but really good.
Starland Yard - Outdoor place with great pizza and rotating food trucks
Vinnie Van Go Go's - A funky little pizza place

Ok, I finally showed up. But, you knew I wouldn't miss it. Oh, how I've missed your reports.
So good seeing you my friend. 😘😘
Wouldn't be the same without you. Only 4 more months till we are reunited again :love:

I’m here wouldn’t miss a tipsy dining review from you!
I think I saw a typo about 30 ADRS,:rotfl:
:rotfl2: Sadly you did not. May have been a wee bit obsessed

Checking in to say hi, then I will fall off the wagon and binge your whole report in like 6 months :rolleyes1

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Well as I live and breathe....I didn't think Ms. Pepperandchips was ever in these here parts anymore. Looking forward to seeing what you think about the food next year :earboy2:

Yes, they’re back!!!!!!!!! Oh, a dozen days at Mickey’s place sounds pretty good to me!
Thanks for joining along again. It was perfection!

I always knew that Casey had taste. You have been very sensible in tuning up her palate early. My parents did the same for me. We were at a good restaurant when I was very young - three at most. I ordered oysters. The waiter was surprised and wondered whether I meant it. My mother told him that I did indeed mean it. She never limited my food adventure and it’s great to see another girl heading toward foodie nirvana!
Oysters at 3! Now that is impressive. We never set out to make Casey a little foodie just didn't see the need to give her anything different than we ate. As she gets older (and wants her own meals sometimes) I may be regretting the cost of those meals but in the end well worth it.

Doing well here (well, minus the fact that I haven't been to Disney in nearly 2 years :sad: ). But in time I'm sure I'll be securing my next AP ;)
Hope you can get back soon. I keep waiting for some AP news. We probably won't get another one until next year (hoping to get to DL in the spring). It can't come soon enough as I miss those discounts

*My* stomach and liver are ready to go on this vicarious food and drink adventure 😝 Cheers!
:drinking1 Cheers to our stomachs and livers! Long may they be full and functioning :earboy2:

And We’re Off

After 671 Long Days Away….230 Days of Virtual Learning….A global pandemic….A cancelled trip to Disneyland….A.cancelled trip to Disney World….

We were finally headed home

Well Almost

First our cab driver came within mere inches of plowing into another car and only by blood curtailing scream stopped him. Then we waited at the airline check in counter for 45 minutes because the person “working” wasn’t authorized to open until “9:08” which is the most oddly specific time ever. Then we had some god awful eggs carefully disguised in a breakfast wrap.

But we were finally headed home.

Except someone didn’t know it. Any guesses?

Yup this girl. We’d managed to keep the trip a surprise and Casey thought we were going to Savannah. So technically not lying I just failed to mention we were stopping in Orlando for 12 days first.

We figured the gig would be up when they announced our plane was going to Orlando but nope just had a layover. And we really thought she’d figure it out when we got on the faux monorail but nope just changing gates. And of course she’d know when we went to pick up our bags (and waited almost an hour by the way b/c frontier airlines SUCKS) but nope just layover procedure.

We probably kept the charade up for just a bit too long as it wasn’t until we walked out of the airport that months of surprise was finally unveiled.

And we were finally home.

And hangry.

Continued in next post...

And We’re Off Part Deux

After a quick check in at the Swan we put on our snazziest we just got off a plane and didn’t unpack our bags yet gear. Walked over to the Boardwalk. Posed for our first official trip photo.

And before too long we were at Disney Springs for dining reservation #1 of 3,465 - The Boathouse. I should have mentioned in the last post today was Father’s Day and that meant everyone in Central Florida was in Disney Springs. Not exactly what we were hoping for crowds wise given we hadn’t eaten at a restaurant indoors since March 2020 but we were grateful to be on a much needed vacation.

We checked in and had a bit of a wait, so perfect time for some Daddy’s Day photography.

We waited about 30 minutes for a table (which was thankfully the longest wait of the trip) and soon enough we had our first Disney drinks in hand.

That’s the ever so fancy Shirley Temple for Ms. Casey

An even fancier Strawberry gin fizz for me

And for the fanciest father of them all a Persimmon Brewing Beach Hippie IPA.

Cause who doesn’t want the taste of petchuli and hippies on the beach in your beer.

Our server promptly brought us some of the Boathouse’s famous rolls which did our hangry hearts some good (at this point it was almost 6 and all we’d eaten was our pathetic breakfast wraps at 9:30).

I was so hungry I would have eaten the table cloth so my judgement may have been a bit off but these rolls tasted like pure and utter yeasty heaven.

To go with our drinks we started with the Hoison Chili Calamari with bell peppers, jollypeno’s, and serrano chilies.

Unfortunately this was not the best kick off to vacation appetizer. The spicy sauce had a hint of general tso’s sauce to it and was really good but the calamari was overcooked and not very crispy. Flacid and rubbery calamari anyone? Sadly we liked the fried onions and peppers better.

For round two I got an Islamorada Island Citrus Ale and Jason went with the Sailfish Brewing Tag and Release.

For entrée’s I went with the Filet Mignon Sliders with Truffle Fries.

I’d read about how good these were for years but they sadly did not live up to the hype. The butter sauce on it was legit but the filet was really overcooked (I prefer my beef just barely out of cow). They definitely tasted good, but in the end it was just a steak on a piece of bread. The fries however were oozing with truffle and lemon aioli goodness.

Casey and I usually share meals because she eats like a bird (and who am I kidding eating less certainly ain’t gonna hurt me) but she branched out on her own a few times this trip including tonight.

Meet the Boathouse Jumbo Crab Cake with coleslaw and chipotle tartar sauce. In case it isn’t evident this was a big ole crab cake and it was pretty darn good if this Chesapeake Bay girl says so herself. It had a bit of filler, but large chunks of crab and really good seasoning. The coleslaw was a bland, but clearly she didn’t order this for the cole slaw.

And last but never least our patriarch this Day of the Father went with the Grilled Mahi Sandwich.

I immediately had order envy as I love me some mahi but Jason was less than impressed. The flavor was good but he said it had clearly sat in the window for a while as the lettuce was wilty and the same temperature as his fries so probably not what they were going for.

This was our second trip to the Boathouse and while it is good I do not get the signature status. They were clearly busy this evening so that may have messed with the preparation of our food, but when bread is the best part of the meal probably not a good sign. I certainly won’t be in any hurry to get back here as there are way too many other excellent places in the Springs awaiting my waistline.

Up next, a new to us treat

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter