The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

So Mom and I are out at the beach for the rest of the week and earlier I only had my iphone to get everything down so I was keeping it brief. Now the big boy it out! So for our big fun today Mom and I had a "discussion" about past vs. passed. She's my proofreader. We called my friend, another court reporter, who agreed with me. HA! And then we checked online and I still looked right. But then we checked another site that went further. And Mom was right. So I had to buy the ice creams. What rowdy rousing fun court reporters get up to!!!

So Christmas at Disneyland :cloud9: Come on, you know ya wanna! I mean Kevin and John will be there! What more could anyone want for Christmas! :goodvibes

Dino's surgery sounds pretty major! I'm so glad he was blessed by the Pope. I have no doubt that made all the difference!! :hug: Can't wait to see you guys on 4.0?!??!! And Christmas next year! :laughing:

More photos from Heather!!!!! Can't wait to flip through them all when I get back home. And also can't wait to see you on 4.0 And Christmas next year?!?! :rolleyes1

Who else's arm needs twisting? 'Cause I am a professional! Peer pressure, I haz it!

I've been thinking about contacting Tracey. Does anyone know if there is still space on 4.0? It will have been a couple of years since my last cruise at that point...I should go if there's space...right? :rolleyes1 I know I'll get an objective answer from this group...right:rotfl:

I know we're not talking about 2013...but I'm thinking that June in Disneyland sounds mighty nice. Anyone thinking June?

So happy that Dino's surgery went well! Prayers are being sent!!

I've been thinking about contacting Tracey. Does anyone know if there is still space on 4.0? It will have been a couple of years since my last cruise at that point...I should go if there's space...right? :rolleyes1 I know I'll get an objective answer from this group...right:rotfl:

I know we're not talking about 2013...but I'm thinking that June in Disneyland sounds mighty nice. Anyone thinking June?

Email sent--there is space. Let the objective arm twisting begin!!

We would love to do one of the BSM next year but the dates don't work for us. I think we are going to do Ben's spring break in California. However, it won't be the same without my 24 travelling companions!!

Christy, you should totally go on 4.0. Going that long between cruises isn't healthy. I mean good health is important so you should go. For your health!

We would love to do one of the BSM next year but the dates don't work for us. I think we are going to do Ben's spring break in California. However, it won't be the same without my 24 travelling companions!!

I am all about objective arm twisting, so let's discuss Christmas in California, shall we? Much warmer than Canada I'm thinking. Plus, happy friends all around you. You don't want to be sad and depressed and cold and snowy waiting for St. Nick all alone (you know, except your family) but ALL ALONE while 24 of your closest friends are warm (compared to Canada) and happy and together enjoying the Haunted Mansion overlay. Without you, who are alone and sad and cold and, let's face it, probably in an unhealthy state of depression. So do what all the cool kids are doing!!!! Come to California and be happy with us!! The people who are so cool we're actually kwel. After all, it's for your health and that of your family. What could be more important than that!?! :angel:

Thanks for following up so quickly, Tracey! I just sent you a couple of questions.

Christy, you should totally go on 4.0. Going that long between cruises isn't healthy. I mean good health is important so you should go. For your health!

I am all about objective arm twisting, so let's discuss Christmas in California, shall we? Much warmer than Canada I'm thinking. Plus, happy friends all around you. You don't want to be sad and depressed and cold and snowy waiting for St. Nick all alone (you know, except your family) but ALL ALONE while 24 of your closest friends are warm (compared to Canada) and happy and together enjoying the Haunted Mansion overlay. Without you, who are alone and sad and cold and, let's face it, probably in an unhealthy state of depression. So do what all the cool kids are doing!!!! Come to California and be happy with us!! The people who are so cool we're actually kwel. After all, it's for your health and that of your family. What could be more important than that!?! :angel:

Lauren - You just make me smile. You're really talented at the objective arm twisting. :goodvibes

Have you noticed that I have stayed out of the "arm twisting"?

That being said....Christmas in Disneyland with my extended "family" sounds wonderful!

Plus, if you're not there we'll talk about you behind your back! :dance3:

What? That only happens in my family? huh. That explains so much :rotfl:

It does sound wonderful, I will give you that!! We are planning on a River cruise in Europe over Xmas so the date won't work for us. But I will be thinking of you all and wishing I was with you.

I would be disappointed if you didn't talk about me behind my back. That's how I know we are a real family!!!

So Mom and I are out at the beach for the rest of the week and earlier I only had my iphone to get everything down so I was keeping it brief. Now the big boy it out! So for our big fun today Mom and I had a "discussion" about past vs. passed. She's my proofreader. We called my friend, another court reporter, who agreed with me. HA! And then we checked online and I still looked right. But then we checked another site that went further. And Mom was right. So I had to buy the ice creams. What rowdy rousing fun court reporters get up to!!!

So Christmas at Disneyland :cloud9: Come on, you know ya wanna! I mean Kevin and John will be there! What more could anyone want for Christmas! :goodvibes

Dino's surgery sounds pretty major! I'm so glad he was blessed by the Pope. I have no doubt that made all the difference!! :hug: Can't wait to see you guys on 4.0?!??!! And Christmas next year! :laughing:

More photos from Heather!!!!! Can't wait to flip through them all when I get back home. And also can't wait to see you on 4.0 And Christmas next year?!?! :rolleyes1

Who else's arm needs twisting? 'Cause I am a professional! Peer pressure, I haz it!

You definitely have an advanced degree in persuasion!!

Christy, you are totally brilliant! Cruise - yes! The month of June might work better for me than December for Disneyland. I would LOVE to do a trip at holiday time, but it is probably too close to Christmas for it to work for me.

I just looked for a standing ovation smilie for this best performance in the category of arm twisting! There doesn't seem to be one, but you have earned it!

Have you noticed that I have stayed out of the "arm twisting"?

That being said....Christmas in Disneyland with my extended "family" sounds wonderful!

Awwww...Now I'm seeing us all gathered around the big Christmas tree by the fireplace...

It does sound wonderful, I will give you that!! We are planning on a River cruise in Europe over Xmas so the date won't work for us. But I will be thinking of you all and wishing I was with you.

I would be disappointed if you didn't talk about me behind my back. That's how I know we are a real family!!!

:grouphug:

Christy, you are totally brilliant! Cruise - yes! The month of June might work better for me than December for Disneyland. I would LOVE to do a trip at holiday time, but it is probably too close to Christmas for it to work for me.

June does sound like a great month for Disneyland! Come on, Heather, we can talk about these other guys having to wait another six months until their December trip. ;)

Understanding that a Christmas time river cruise would be super awesome and that's actually one of the things on my travel to-do list, I really want to see the markets and see how they celebrate the holiday over there

(here it comes) (Wait for it)

Are you crazy? That sounds cold, because of the water, and possibly wet. What if you accidentally fall in? :scared1: That could happen. This trip sounds very cold and dangerous. Unlike DL which is all roses and sunshine and soft bunnies and happy people. Plus, I'll bet there! Which really is worth the price of admission I'm thinking. And there'll be scrapbook pages, oooooohhhh, ahhhhhhh. Right? Awesome!

I'm going to leave it here. For now. If I can't break ya here later comes the guilt! :banana:

You definitely have an advanced degree in persuasion!!

It comes from having two very high maintenance parents. If I couldn't work them they would have killed me years ago. It's good I got a life skill out of it though!

Christy is SO brilliant. 'Cause she's cruising wit us! :dance3: DL in June sounds hot. The two of you could have heat stroke. December, much better!

I just looked for a standing ovation smilie for this best performance in the category of arm twisting! There doesn't seem to be one, but you have earned it!

:dance3:

Awwww...Now I'm seeing us all gathered around the big Christmas tree by the fireplace...

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

:grouphug:

June does sound like a great month for Disneyland! Come on, Heather, we can talk about these other guys having to wait another six months until their December trip. ;)

No, no, no! See above about everyone being gathered together around the tree! June = Bad. December = Good!

And just to remind you about what you'll be missing with your silly other plans, scrapbook pages! :dance3: I would also like to say a giant THANKS to Heather, without whom this page would have only had two photos on it. I couldn't have done it without you, Heather! :hug: Speaking of which, think of all the photo ops that will be in DL in December?!?!

OPentacostcopy.jpg

The December Backstage Magic is filling up VERY fast. Much faster than even I anticipated. I have a feeling it will be closed by the time we leave for Podcast Cruise 3.0.

Just sayin'...................................

The December Backstage Magic is filling up VERY fast. Much faster than even I anticipated. I have a feeling it will be closed by the time we leave for Podcast Cruise 3.0.

WOW! I think the idea of the holidays and the new Cars Land is exciting to people. I know it was for me. Never mind the great friends! There are so many things I'm excited about seeing for this trip. Just one of them is the chance to hopefully meet artist Stacia Martin again. She was a real highlight for us the first time and our drawing is one of my most favorite things. I am, however, not getting my heart set on it because I know things change from trip to trip. But still, she was just amazing.

So I'm in the living room dorking around with our speaker set up. I have it on the 1950s station while I'm messing with it. And you'll never guess what came on! That crazy Italian song about which lady with which hair is the prettiest. I'm sure we ALL remember that song! Who knew that was song you might actually hear somewhere, crazy!

Christy: I wanted to mention that if you need/want to break your trip up for 4.0 driving down 95 you can always stop off here overnight. We're actually not leaving until early the day of. It's a risk I wouldn't normally take, and I guess anything could change between now and then, but Jeri insists that he really can't take another day off this year so we're leaving later than I would like.

WOW! I think the idea of the holidays and the new Cars Land is exciting to people. I know it was for me. Never mind the great friends! There are so many things I'm excited about seeing for this trip. Just one of them is the chance to hopefully meet artist Stacia Martin again. She was a real highlight for us the first time and our drawing is one of my most favorite things. I am, however, not getting my heart set on it because I know things change from trip to trip. But still, she was just amazing.

So I'm in the living room dorking around with our speaker set up. I have it on the 1950s station while I'm messing with it. And you'll never guess what came on! That crazy Italian song about which lady with which hair is the prettiest. I'm sure we ALL remember that song! Who knew that was song you might actually hear somewhere, crazy!

Christy: I wanted to mention that if you need/want to break your trip up for 4.0 driving down 95 you can always stop off here overnight. We're actually not leaving until early the day of. It's a risk I wouldn't normally take, and I guess anything could change between now and then, but Jeri insists that he really can't take another day off this year so we're leaving later than I would like.

Lauren - That is such a nice offer! I'm trying to convince my parents to bring my nephews down to visit WDW for a few days before the cruise. If I'm successful, then I'll be at the park. If that doesn't work out, then I may very well take you up on that. It would be nice to break up the drive. I know what you mean about leaving the day of...it's a little nerve wracking but I too am going to be pinching the days. I usually always take the last week of the year off. I don't think it will happen this year with all of the trips I'm planning to take.

I've been doing my trip planning for 2013. I wonder if I can squeeze in two BSM trips in one year...John's last post has me thinking...and of course all of the objective arm twisting...

I did the BSM adventure in December 2008, so I've experienced the holiday stuff. I just booked June because it couldn't have been the more perfect date range that fits with my work without inconveniencing anyone.

I know the BSM trips were plussed up WAY better than the one I experienced, and I figure this will be a fun way to get back to DL and see World of Color and the Disney California Adventure 2.0 upgrades. :banana:

So if you're going next June... :yay:

Understanding that a Christmas time river cruise would be super awesome and that's actually one of the things on my travel to-do list, I really want to see the markets and see how they celebrate the holiday over there

(here it comes) (Wait for it)

Are you crazy? That sounds cold, because of the water, and possibly wet. What if you accidentally fall in? :scared1: That could happen. This trip sounds very cold and dangerous. Unlike DL which is all roses and sunshine and soft bunnies and happy people. Plus, I'll bet there! Which really is worth the price of admission I'm thinking. And there'll be scrapbook pages, oooooohhhh, ahhhhhhh. Right? Awesome!

I'm going to leave it here. For now. If I can't break ya here later comes the guilt! :banana:

No, no, no! See above about everyone being gathered together around the tree! June = Bad. December = Good!

And just to remind you about what you'll be missing with your silly other plans, scrapbook pages! :dance3: I would also like to say a giant THANKS to Heather, without whom this page would have only had two photos on it. I couldn't have done it without you, Heather! :hug: Speaking of which, think of all the photo ops that will be in DL in December?!?!

OPentacostcopy.jpg

Have you guys worked together before? I would swear that you've been practicing this!

I am just going to have to cave and secure a spot for December and figure everything else out later. I did it to myself with the Christmas tree. What was Christy's excuse? 'Cause now we have to work her over...

The dove page is spectacular! My photos look super happy.

It's been two weeks since I've Grommed, and I'm suffering gelato withdrawal.
I also need some of the starfish pastries for my Sunday breakfast...

DSC_1500.jpg

DSC_0796.jpg

We have now been to Grom in three cities. (Rome, Florence and Venice).

There is one in NYC and I think we should make a road trip.

We should all show up at Jason's front door and each demand a room with a window. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter