• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disney World Waiting on Hold Support Thread

Butterscotchontherocks

Earning My Ears
We all know that the hold times and experiences are tedious and maddening lately. Let's all share our questions, experiences, and woes!

I'm currently waiting on hold in silence, and a few moments ago heard the "if you know your CM's extension..." recording again, so I'm not even sure if I'm on hold!

The silence was so scary for me. I'm not on hold right now but after a couple hours, someone did pick up so don't give up!
Agree that people should stay on hold through the silence. For one call I had a 3.5 hour hold time, with plenty of silent periods in there. But the music eventually resumed (sometimes after 15-20 minutes) and someone finally answered the phone.

Currently at 2.5 hours. I am still getting music. On a side note, the music tract recycles every 62 minutes. Just need to switch from All Star Sports to something else for October 11 - 14.

I was on hold for 3 hours tonight. Then before I finished my call with the cast member my call dropped. At least I successfully modified my stay before the drop, but I didnt get the chance to have the CM add the birthdays we're celebrating to the trip. I will call some other time when it's less busy.

I called right at 7 am this morning & waited about 2.5 hours. Talked to a CM about moving my 7/10-7/15 trip (originally scheduled for May) to May 2021. He asked if he could put me on a "brief" hold to find out if our trip insurance would transfer with the re-booking & still be valid. That was 2.5 hours ago. Still on hold. Did he forget about me? Did I get sent back to the que? I just want to cancel at this point but can't cancel on line. I'm 5.5 hours in...no way I'm hanging up. I'm so nervous that I'm going to get disconnected but this music is seriously driving me crazy. I am so over this trip. Thanks for letting me vent.

I finally finished the call after 6 hours. I decided to cancel. The insurance would have transferred but because one of my kids turns 18 before the trip I needed to pay an additional $76 for his insurance. I was initially OK with that but then he said I needed to pay it today & asked for a credit card. After 6 hours on hold I was annoyed so I told him to cancel. I'm bummed but glad it's settled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter