The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Does anyone know what floors the 1 bedroom family suites are usually on? I’m hoping for the Frontier tower- they put in the request but I know it’s not guaranteed.

Also probably silly question….

What tower/level is the Club level on? I also put on that I was hoping to possibly at the club level but I know that even if we do, but I’m not sure sure if they would put us on that level.

Club level is on the top floor of the Adventure Tower. If you are adding the Club to your suite but want to be in the Adventure Tower, keep in mind it won’t be a quick trip if you want to pop in for food or drinks or to ask a questions. They have 1 bedroom suites on the same floor as the E-Club. I’ve stayed in two different ones on that level.

Club level is on the top floor of the Adventure Tower. If you are adding the Club to your suite but want to be in the Adventure Tower, keep in mind it won’t be a quick trip if you want to pop in for food or drinks or to ask a questions. They have 1 bedroom suites on the same floor as the E-Club. I’ve stayed in two different ones on that level.

Thanks! I was hoping to get the Frontier tower in hopes to get a balcony. I am wondering if I should call in and ask for the Club notes to be taken off in hopes to get the chance to Frontier :( I have thought about having to go to another tower for the Club, and if we were in the other ones if it would be convenient. Were you in the 1 bd room suites? I am hoping to get a 1 king bed 1 bd room

I can't remember if I asked this or not... LOL

If I booked preferred room DTD view then my room will be in the adventure tower correct? Because I can't imagine there would be dtd views from the other two, although maybe I am wrong???

Thanks! I was hoping to get the Frontier tower in hopes to get a balcony. I am wondering if I should call in and ask for the Club notes to be taken off in hopes to get the chance to Frontier :( I have thought about having to go to another tower for the Club, and if we were in the other ones if it would be convenient. Were you in the 1 bd room suites? I am hoping to get a 1 king bed 1 bd room
I’m not sure how common king 1 bedrooms are. I do know that a king bed configuration in a regular room is not common, most have two queens. Every 1 bedroom suite I’ve stayed in has had two queens, but they usually also have a locked-out room to make it a two bedroom suite. It’s possible those locked-out rooms could have a king bed in it, but we’ve always been given two queens because that’s how many beds we needed.

If I booked preferred room DTD view then my room will be in the adventure tower correct? Because I can't imagine there would be dtd views from the other two, although maybe I am wrong???

DTD View rooms are in the Adventure Tower.

I’m not sure how common king 1 bedrooms are. I do know that a king bed configuration in a regular room is not common, most have two queens. Every 1 bedroom suite I’ve stayed in has had two queens, but they usually also have a locked-out room to make it a two bedroom suite. It’s possible those locked-out rooms could have a king bed in it, but we’ve always been given two queens because that’s how many beds we needed.
Have have had a balcony at DLH by chance? I noticed you’ve stayed at both — if you don’t mind me asking what is your preference 1 bedroom suite wise?

Have have had a balcony at DLH by chance? I noticed you’ve stayed at both — if you don’t mind me asking what is your preference 1 bedroom suite wise?

I haven’t stayed in a balcony suite in the Frontier tower in probably 20 years, so my memory isn’t great when it comes to those suites. We usually add the E-Ticket Lounge so I request the Adventure Tower. The times I’ve stayed in a suite, I’ve been put in the larger one-bedroom suites on the same floor as the E-Ticket. They were both huge and had dining tables for 8 people. I believe these are the suites that can be converted to the two-bedroom suites because the living space is a lot for a one bedroom. We’ve also stayed in a 1 bedroom junior suite which was cute and still a pretty good size. I don’t miss having a balcony at DLH because the windows in the rooms are floor to ceiling so you kind of feel like you’re outside.

Honestly, I’ll always favor the Disneyland Hotel. We love the decor and nostalgia and we prefer the E-Ticket Lounge over the Veranda. We also prefer the DLH pool, as well. The only thing I do like about the Grand is the location. I don’t think their rooms and suites are anything to pay extra for, we only pay extra if we want to be extra close to the parks. We have a toddler who naps once a day so GCH makes sense for us right now, but as soon as he’s done napping we will be back over to DLH for the majority of our trips.

I haven’t stayed in a balcony suite in the Frontier tower in probably 20 years, so my memory isn’t great when it comes to those suites. We usually add the E-Ticket Lounge so I request the Adventure Tower. The times I’ve stayed in a suite, I’ve been put in the larger one-bedroom suites on the same floor as the E-Ticket. They were both huge and had dining tables for 8 people. I believe these are the suites that can be converted to the two-bedroom suites because the living space is a lot for a one bedroom. We’ve also stayed in a 1 bedroom junior suite which was cute and still a pretty good size. I don’t miss having a balcony at DLH because the windows in the rooms are floor to ceiling so you kind of feel like you’re outside.

Honestly, I’ll always favor the Disneyland Hotel. We love the decor and nostalgia and we prefer the E-Ticket Lounge over the Veranda. We also prefer the DLH pool, as well. The only thing I do like about the Grand is the location. I don’t think their rooms and suites are anything to pay extra for, we only pay extra if we want to be extra close to the parks. We have a toddler who naps once a day so GCH makes sense for us right now, but as soon as he’s done napping we will be back over to DLH for the majority of our trips.
Right now we are really going back and forth -- we have reservations on both & had planned to stay at both. We really are considering just adding a 1-2 day to one or the other & leaving before NYE.

The DLH 1 bd room suite was ordinally our plan, but I joked that if we ever went during the holidays I would do the GCH... pretty sure that is just FOMO if I am being honest -- even more so because it will be almost 1k more. If it was during the summer I would 100% be DLH because of the pool which I know our kids would love -- I would also LOL I really wanted to get a cabana but then again I am thinking December wont be much swimming weather.

I am jealous I would love to have one of those rooms with the larger tables I thought those were only for 2 bd room ones. I've never stayed on-site so maybe I am just being nervous because of that. I really am wanting to add on club level also and have went back and forth about it. They did add on the notes I wanted to add it on the reservations. Part of me thinks maybe I am 'screwing' myself saying I wanted a Frontier tower balcony as far up floor as possible. I am wondering if I should remove it

Right now we are really going back and forth -- we have reservations on both & had planned to stay at both. We really are considering just adding a 1-2 day to one or the other & leaving before NYE.

The DLH 1 bd room suite was ordinally our plan, but I joked that if we ever went during the holidays I would do the GCH... pretty sure that is just FOMO if I am being honest -- even more so because it will be almost 1k more. If it was during the summer I would 100% be DLH because of the pool which I know our kids would love -- I would also LOL I really wanted to get a cabana but then again I am thinking December wont be much swimming weather.

I am jealous I would love to have one of those rooms with the larger tables I thought those were only for 2 bd room ones. I've never stayed on-site so maybe I am just being nervous because of that. I really am wanting to add on club level also and have went back and forth about it. They did add on the notes I wanted to add it on the reservations. Part of me thinks maybe I am 'screwing' myself saying I wanted a Frontier tower balcony as far up floor as possible. I am wondering if I should remove it
I am not sure of your preference but in our opinion the slides are better at DLH but the pools and pool area is better at GCH. You also have the advantage at GCH of going straight from the pool to Grizzly River Run and then coming back.

I am not sure of your preference but in our opinion the slides are better at DLH but the pools and pool area is better at GCH. You also have the advantage at GCH of going straight from the pool to Grizzly River Run and then coming back.

When we were going during the summer that was a big thing for us, and maybe it should still be. We knew our kids would 100% love the DLH pool/slides & we would probably also LOL But I also really wanted to rent a cabana at the GCH. I heard you can go back & forth between the pools now -- but not sure if that is true. I am not sure if in late December if we will be able to swim, but I would love if we could!

I have had a king bed in a 1 bedroom in the frontier tower and it was classified a DTD view. And it had a balcony. Because it was a corner suite, it had a wrap around balcony. And it isn't that big of a deal to walk to the Adventure tower to the E-ticket club. There are only 2 - 1 bedroom suites on the same floor as the E-ticket, only one is a DTD view, and it is a handicap suite.

Last weekend, I had a 1 bedroom in the frontier tower, 12th floor, 2 queens that was classified a "DTD view".

I have had a king bed in a 1 bedroom in the frontier tower and it was classified a DTD view. And it had a balcony. Because it was a corner suite, it had a wrap around balcony. And it isn't that big of a deal to walk to the Adventure tower to the E-ticket club. There are only 2 - 1 bedroom suites on the same floor as the E-ticket, only one is a DTD view, and it is a handicap suite.

Last weekend, I had a 1 bedroom in the frontier tower, 12th floor, 2 queens that was classified a "DTD view".
Thanks!! Did the one you had this past weekend also have a balcony also?

If you are guest of Disneyland Hotel, are you able to use the pools at Grand Californian? I have never been, but have read conflicting advice online. Thanks!

If you are guest of Disneyland Hotel, are you able to use the pools at Grand Californian? I have never been, but have read conflicting advice online. Thanks!
I keep reading conflicting info also, and it also has been confusing me. I saw I believe it was on one of the planning subreddit a couple weeks ago someone who said they were able to go back and forth. When we were planning to go during the summer the pools were a really big deal. I had several people tell me I could just rent cabanas at one vs the other. So I have no idea what to believe anymore LOL

I keep reading conflicting info also, and it also has been confusing me. I saw I believe it was on one of the planning subreddit a couple weeks ago someone who said they were able to go back and forth. When we were planning to go during the summer the pools were a really big deal. I had several people tell me I could just rent cabanas at one vs the other. So I have no idea what to believe anymore LOL
You can only use the pool at your hotel when you stay at DLR, unless the pool at your hotel is closed. If you stay at DLH or GCH, you can rent a cabana at either hotel, even the one you are not staying at. I don’t know if that extends to Paradise/Pixar Pier. That Hotel does not have cabanas, but maybe they will when they re-open officially as Pixar Pier.

Anyone visiting the DLH soon (or have visited recently) and able to share pictures of the Disneyland Hotel specific merch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter