The "Double Double-Dip" 17 Day Florida Vacation - 1,233 Pictures Report

You will have a good time..... :goodvibes ...and, if ya don't, I can't tell you what your problem is? :confused3 :laughing:

Seriously, I'm sure you'll have a great time....plenty to do...or not. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed my report and decided to try one for yourself.... like I said, if it weren't for the $$ (we're limited to summer travel), we'd do another (Disney) in a heartbeat.

Working on the one for summer '10 for Dad :thumbsup2

Now...after YOUR cruise, I WILL be looking for that trip report ya know :teeth:

Thanks!

Okay, okay...I will try but we all know it will pale in comparison to anything you write! You set the bar high.

2.gif

another fantastic trip report from brab!

Hey, I had to tell you that DH decided not to do the cruise this year. I was so disappointed. You trip report had me so excited, but DH has a problem with change so I have to work on him another year or two! ;) He said he'd rather go to Disney world instead, so we leave in 4 days! If we went on the cruise, we would've went this week. I could be on a boat right now! (sigh)

what rides do you suggest if you are going wiht grandparents

First...that depends on the health of the grandparents. My Mom doesn't do well with coasters and has a weak stomach. She's also had back and shoulder surgery...so, she's, um...delicate.

She did MIB fine and Simpson's sporatically. I don't think she could do that too often like us (and, we usually ride 2/3 times in a row). She could do Spiderman no problem and did Cat in the Hat. Now...what I didn't get was by the end of the trip, she was in the stationary seats at Shrek and JN. :confused3 I guess her body was tired (from all the walking) and sore? You have to also know, Mom wasn't in the best of shape either. She would always take the boat back and forth to/from PBH while we walked. So, I would also say it depends on the fitness of the grandparents too.

There is actually more for grandparents at UO than some people think. A lot of people think it's a 'coaster' park w/ thrill rides....and, that's simply not true. It's a themepark w/ some coasters...nothing more/less than other parks.

Hey, I had to tell you that DH decided not to do the cruise this year. I was so disappointed. You trip report had me so excited, but DH has a problem with change so I have to work on him another year or two! ;) He said he'd rather go to Disney world instead, so we leave in 4 days! If we went on the cruise, we would've went this week. I could be on a boat right now! (sigh)

:sad1: oh no.... :sad1: Try to get him to agree to a trial cruise....ya know...3 day cruise WITH 'x' days at Disney! (But, do the cruise first so he has Disney to look forward to ;) ...then, he'll change his mind :teeth: ...keep at him, he'll give in .....eventually :goodvibes )

I saw in a sticky post travel averages, but were they walking times? Could we really walk to the parks from PBH or HRH in five minutes or less? My DH loathes the bus rides at Disney - being able to walk would be awesome!

I saw in a sticky post travel averages, but were they walking times? Could we really walk to the parks from PBH or HRH in five minutes or less? My DH loathes the bus rides at Disney - being able to walk would be awesome!

walking from hrh can be done within 5 minutes to the studio side
from rph to ioa, is about 6 minutes
pbh has the longest walk.
some say it takes them 15 minutes.

i guess it all depends on how fast you walk and which park you are going to.

if you don't want to walk, the water taxis are free at the hotels to city walk.

each hotel also has busses that let you off in front of the hotel. the area where you get the busses are at the end of the pathway right after the sidewalk to hrh is in your view.

busses take too long to use.
they circle around all 3 hotels.

i took the bus one night to see all the hotels lit up in the evening.

PBH to CW/parks is only about 9 or 10 minutes via shortcut thru HRH parking lot...OR the hotel itself! :laughing: We don't think it's much further than RPR.

Matter of fact, when we first started going to UO, DH did not want to stay at PBH because of the distance. Since we always walk the shortcut, he doesn't mind the walk any more than the walk from RPR. ....and, PBH is his fave hotel now :ssst:

When I ended the report, YouTube was not accepting some copyrighted songs. The video was thru Windows Media player.

It's fixed now :teeth:

Click here to view video on YouTube from this trip.

GREAT video!!!

What a spectacular trip! I love the clips of the guys in the arcade. Is that machine Dance Dance Revolution, or Show Us Your Two Left Feet?

What a spectacular trip! I love the clips of the guys in the arcade. Is that machine Dance Dance Revolution, or Show Us Your Two Left Feet?

:confused3 Have no idea...but the right side had a part not working. It was in the arcade upstairs at NASCAR at CW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter