The "Double Double-Dip" 17 Day Florida Vacation - 1,233 Pictures Report

Day 17 - Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our last day....and, we did not take many pictures at all. I mean, really, how many times can you take pictures of the same thing...over and over?? :confused3

After getting to bed about 1:30-2:00am, we slept in this morning. While eating breakfast, we examined our bill. Had a charge for the mini-bar..hhmmm...didn't even have the key?
5.gif
Have to get that taken care of at checkout.

We finished breakfast and packing up and we headed to the lobby around 11am. Had the mini-bar charge taken care of and stashed the luggage with Luggage Services and off to the pool we went....or, so we thought.

My BIL & his family were still staying that night, so they went ahead of us in search of breakfast. Not realizing they could have gotten something to eat at the pool, they stopped in Sal's. We had already eaten breakfast in our room, so we just kept them company while they had pizza. Outside Sal's.

After their "breakfast", we all headed to the pool because my BIL had promised his kids they could go to the pool because it's the one pool onsite they hadn't been to yet. Since this was the day we were flying home, DH & I opted to not swim, but we had a change of clothes for Bubba so he could enjoy the pool with his cousins.

They had a great time... even playing Simon Says.

Pix from the slide: Niece, other Niece, DNe, DBil1, DBil2, I have NO idea who this is? and, of course, Bubba, Bubba 2, and Bubba 3.

Another nice perk of the PBH pool is the complimentaries that come around. Yesterday it was mango smoothies, today it was cherry water ice. :goodvibes

Unfortunately, we weren't even there an hour when the skies darkened and the rain fell.
4.gif
We ran for cover.

Bubba changed clothes and we all donned ponchos.... yes...I remembered ponchos today Our last day was not going to be hampered by some raindrops...no way. Rain or no rain, we were heading to the parks! :thumbsup2

We managed to catch a boat pulling up to the dock and jumped aboard and headed to Simpsons at the Studios.

Now, after a week at both parks, I can only take SO many pictures of the same thing. So, if you really want to see Simpson's pictures, visit Day 1 of the report. I believe we rode Simpson's once or twice before hitting Men In Black...twice.

Up next was DISASTER! Last time my BIL and DH 'volunteered'....this time, our nephew was chosen. Here are some shots of him shooting his scene: 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Here is the DISASTER! finale.... (with our family in it)

It was about 3:30 and we decided to take one last spin on the Mummy before grabbing a bite to eat at Finnegan's before having to leave to catch our flight.

Mummy was great...as usual. :teeth:

We were leery of grabbing a bite at Finnegan's with the time getting late, but it was all but empty. We got seated right away. The server and kitchen staff were another story. We explained to the server we had to leave at 5pm to catch a plane, can he take care of us? He assured us he could. So, we placed our order.

The appetizers took forever and, for whatever reason, I got a 'kid' sized shake instead of an adult size? :confused: Sent it back. What seemed to be an eternity later, our food came. Well, everyones but mine. :mad: Asked the server and he hurried back to the kitchen. Either he never placed my order or the cook missed it. Either way, they hustled a mushroom burger out to me...in a hurry...sorry, no pix.

By the time we (hurriedly) finished at Finnegan's and said goodbye to BIL and the family, it was 5:20. We started walking back to PBH and Mom grabbed the boat. For the first time the whole trip, we saw the Delorean and the train from Back to the Future. Wonder how we missed it every day? :headache:

While we were waiting for Mom (who wasn't too far behind), we used the restrooms. (I happened to notice the walls in the restrooms go to the ceiling...unlike regular restroom walls...I know...call me weird, but for some reason, made me think of Tricia??) :rolleyes1

Checked for our car..not here yet...BUT, it was only 5:45. While I was waiting for our luggage I checked again...viola...he was there (5:50pm). MORE than prompt.

We loaded the luggage and headed to MCO. There was no traffic and we arrived in plenty of time, checked in luggage and printed boarding passes and were at our gate in plenty of time....I think we were one of the first ones there. :goodvibes

We decided to grab a seat....and then I saw it. An unattended bag! :eek:

DH was not fond of this, so he alerted a Southwest agent. So, what did they do? They left the bag there and called airport security. Now, it wasn't even TSA or a uniformed guard...turns out (by talking to him) he was a tarmac security official...he doesn't normally work IN the terminal. I sat 2 seats away while this guy opened the bag. Turns out, a tourist left it (a little girl he thought). It had the UOG for Disney, maps from Disney, a lanyard with trading pins...all sorts of Disney stuff....so, yeah, I'd think it was a tourist's bag that got left behind. He took it to Southwest's security...so, hopefully that person got it back.

When it was time to board, we were the first on the plane. Mom snatched the front row, while we sat behind her in the second row.

On the flight home, DH watched a movie on his Zune, while Bubba & I watched 'Meet the Robinsons'. We had our cookies we brought to have for dessert and the movie made the flight whiz right by.

Considering we were in the front of the plane, AND it was PHL, we were shocked how quickly our luggage arrived. (Very unusual for Philadelphia.)

We walked out to the curb to wait for the hotel shuttle, and he was just pulling up :yay: He dropped us off at the hotel, we found our car, (always keep fingers crossed it starts after 2 weeks) and by 11:07pm we were on our way home. :cloud9:

We hit the Schuylkill Expressway about 11:30pm and were making great time...except, we forgot about the construction/paving! Crap! It took us 45 minutes to travel what normally would have taken 5 or 10 minutes...

Finally...after adding over a half an hour to our ride home, we dropped Mom off at her house and made it home to our house at 1am. That isn't good time for us to make it home...but, it was our fault for forgetting about the construction.

That's all for Vacation 2008....stayed tuned next year for Vacation 2009.... 4 days at BILs in New Smyrna Beach, Fl, a week at Dad's and another 5 days (or so) at Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal. Can't wait for Rip Ride Rockit coaster!!

Thanks for reading! :wave2:

Click here to view our Vacation 2008 video!

Wonderful report Barb!!!!

Ya know, we took what we thought was a shortcut walking from the PBH through the HRH valet parking lot. We walked right past their bus stop and by the boat dock. It sounds like you found a different path than we did.

Wonderful report Barb!!!!

Ya know, we took what we thought was a shortcut walking from the PBH through the HRH valet parking lot. We walked right past their bus stop and by the boat dock. It sounds like you found a different path than we did.

We stayed to the right of the "split" at PBH (right after the boat) and crossed the highway directly across from HRH. Walking up to HRH, made the first right into parking (heading toward old HRC). Took another left and walked parallel to the access road (in front of old HRC). We came out near the buses...never saw the boat :confused3

I think Day 16 has step by step pix in it?

We stayed to the right of the "split" at PBH (right after the boat) and crossed the highway directly across from HRH. Walking up to HRH, made the first right into parking (heading toward old HRC). Took another left and walked parallel to the access road (in front of old HRC). We came out near the buses...never saw the boat :confused3

I think Day 16 has step by step pix in it?
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. When I read that part, I knew we had taken a different route. We did stay to the right of the "split" at PBH, but when we got the the HRH, we took a left through the valet parking lot. We walked past where the bus picks up at the HRH and then past the boat dock at the HRH. We didn't see the old HRC because we went the opposite direction.

Wow. I'd forgotten to finish reading! I had a lot of catching up to do last night and this morning. I picked up on your Castaway biking day...

Awesome report. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You either have an excellent memory or take detailed notes. Either way, Disers have got to appreciate all the time & effort you put into your reports. Thanks!!

awesome!!

loved the video

but now such a long, long wait until another :sad1: :sad1:

kait liked the video too

This was such a great TR, living up to the high standard we have come to expect from you! I'm sad we have to wait another year for the next one, but I know I'll refer back to this as we get closer to our Aug 2009 trip. Thanks for all the info and the fabulous pix, you rock!

Maria

Nooooooo! It can't be over. :sad1:

Thanks for putting so much detail in your report to help us out with our planning. Now I have to decide when we are going to take our cruise.

All I can say is - WOW! You are the ultimate trip reporter! You make us all feel like we're right there with you. :worship:
And it only took you 4 months to complete it! :rolleyes1 I totally understand that though - it takes a long time to do a report, especially when including pictures. Thanks for all your hard work on this. I loved it! And the video is great as well! See ya...
Melissa

I have NO idea who this is?

UniversalDay700122.jpg

It's The Foot! AAAaaaagh!!! :scared1:

While we were waiting for Mom (who wasn't too far behind), we used the restrooms. (I happened to notice the walls in the restrooms go to the ceiling...unlike regular restroom walls...I know...call me weird, but for some reason, made me think of Tricia??) :rolleyes1

UniversalDay700142.jpg

So, did the act of taking a picture in a public restroom make you think of me? Or the restroom itself? :rotfl:

When I read that part, I knew we had taken a different route. We did stay to the right of the "split" at PBH, but when we got the the HRH, we took a left through the valet parking lot. We walked past where the bus picks up at the HRH and then past the boat dock at the HRH. We didn't see the old HRC because we went the opposite direction.

Ahhh....you went left..the opposite way.... I wonder if it's shorter or the same amount? I'm curious...gonna have to look it up!

Wow. I'd forgotten to finish reading! I had a lot of catching up to do last night and this morning. I picked up on your Castaway biking day...

Awesome report. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You either have an excellent memory or take detailed notes. Either way, Disers have got to appreciate all the time & effort you put into your reports. Thanks!!

I take detailed notes! :teeth: Each nite when I load our pictures onto my laptop (as a backup), I write what we did that day. As for the time of the day, I just look at what time the picture was taken. We do it each night and it gives us a chance to see our pictures and jot notes to remember that day. You DID have a LOT of reading to do...back to our second day at CC :eek: but, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

loved the video

but now such a long, long wait until another :sad1: :sad1:

kait liked the video too

Randy did a good job with what video he took...he didn't take much this year. Unfortunately, mySpace won't host 'copyrighted' music anymore, so he had to figure a way to put it online. It's not the greatest quality, but you get the idea ;)

This was such a great TR, living up to the high standard we have come to expect from you! I'm sad we have to wait another year for the next one, but I know I'll refer back to this as we get closer to our Aug 2009 trip. Thanks for all the info and the fabulous pix, you rock!
Maria

Uh-oh....have I given myself a 'reputation' to uphold? :eek: I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope it helps you for your trip.

Nooooooo! It can't be over. :sad1:

Thanks for putting so much detail in your report to help us out with our planning. Now I have to decide when we are going to take our cruise.

Yep...it's over. Actually...it's been over... :laughing: I'm here to help you with that cruise :rolleyes:

All I can say is - WOW! You are the ultimate trip reporter! You make us all feel like we're right there with you. :worship:
And it only took you 4 months to complete it! :rolleyes1 I totally understand that though - it takes a long time to do a report, especially when including pictures. Thanks for all your hard work on this. I loved it! And the video is great as well! See ya...
Melissa

Glad you enjoyed...and yes, it can take literally hours to post the pictures in the day :sad2: ...one reason it does take so long. But, it's done now and there to forever reference....thanks for reading!

It's The Foot! AAAaaaagh!!! :scared1:

:rotfl:

So, did the act of taking a picture in a public restroom make you think of me? Or the restroom itself?
:rotfl:

No..it was noticing how nice the restroom was, the large amount of room and the wall to the ceiling...just found it unusual the walls went to the ceiling...TOOK the pic for you :thumbsup2

WOW loved your reports, very enjoyable reading, have to wait till next year now for the next instalment

Haven't watched the video yet, but I'm sure it's as great as the report. I loved it. I will now try to follow your footsteps when doing reports.

How do you expect anyone else's TR to be up to these standards! Geez, I'm gonna be so stressed on my trip now just trying to remember everything for our TR! Just kidding! You do have one of the best TR and I hope I can remember half as much as you. Thanks again for a wonderful TR. Now that I've used the acronym TR way to many times in a post I'm gonna go!:laughing: :rotfl: :laughing:

yes...sorry to say, it's over.... It was a great trip...Bubba thought it was our best vacation ever! ;)

I forgot to add the video of the finale of DISASTER! in report. Our nephew is the little boy in the blue raincoat that jumps from the burning building and Rock 'catches' him. I won't reveal anymore (in case you don't want to know the end...), but for those who've finished reading already, here it is: DIASTER! video

Great TR Barb.

Loved seeing youse guys having fun and your Report has also made me think about doing a cruise in the future.
I never thought it would be fun for The Boy but seeing Bubba enjoy it so much has changed my mind a wee bit.

Thanks again for sharing your fun !!

Wow! Just watched the vacation video. How awsome. I have no clue how to even start doing something like that. But that was jsut great. I loved how it went to the guys doing the dance video game every so often, like they kept trying to figure it out. LOL! It all went right with the music too! Great job.

How long does the whole set up for the Disaster movie last? The boys I think would love this! How on earth do you get picked to do a part? Is there a video you can purchase if you choose to? TIA! (WOOHOO less than a month to go!)

Great TR Barb.

Loved seeing youse guys having fun and your Report has also made me think about doing a cruise in the future.
I never thought it would be fun for The Boy but seeing Bubba enjoy it so much has changed my mind a wee bit.

Thanks again for sharing your fun !!

Bubba had a lot of fun in the kids club...he would have stayed there the entire time if we had let him :laughing: There's always a ton of things to do on a cruise and Disney was no exception. I've created a cruise monster....now he wants a week long cruise :rolleyes:

Wow! Just watched the vacation video. How awsome. I have no clue how to even start doing something like that. But that was jsut great. I loved how it went to the guys doing the dance video game every so often, like they kept trying to figure it out. LOL! It all went right with the music too! Great job.

Thanks! My husband takes a lot of our home video and makes music video out of them. I think he uses Pinnacle to do it (but, I wouldn't recommend getting THAT program...he complains about it)... He's the video master here...glad you liked it tho. It's a nice way to see the hilites of the trip without sitting thru tons of boring home video :upsidedow

How long does the whole set up for the Disaster movie last? The boys I think would love this! How on earth do you get picked to do a part? Is there a video you can purchase if you choose to? TIA! (WOOHOO less than a month to go!)

There's no video to purchase if you're picked...the 'picking' is random in the front/first room. I'd say from the time the show starts till the end is probably 30 minutes? About 10 minutes in each of the 3 rooms/areas. I would do it at least once...but, we found ourselves going back almost each day.

Bubba had a lot of fun in the kids club...he would have stayed there the entire time if we had let him :laughing: There's always a ton of things to do on a cruise and Disney was no exception. I've created a cruise monster....now he wants a week long cruise :rolleyes:

Okay, you don't get off that easily! You've created more than ONE cruise monster!

Just thought I'd pop back on and tell you that we've booked! We're taking a 4 night eastern in Jan 2010! :cool1: :cool1: Wish we could double dip, but we are limited to traveling in the winter months. Thanks again, for an awesome report and for the inspiration!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter