The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Thank you! I was never into dresses until I finally hit my weight loss goal so I'm a late bloomer, lol. I'm 37 now but I just can't resist these Dress Shop designs since they are comfy and flattering to many different body types. Never too old to have some fun!

37 years old!?! You look like you're about 27, no kidding. Flawless skin! Congrats on the weight loss, that's a big win!!! :woohoo:

37 years old!?! You look like you're about 27, no kidding. Flawless skin! Congrats on the weight loss, that's a big win!!! :woohoo:

Thank you! Makeup helps me out quite a bit, lol. ^_^; It's been a long journey for my weightloss, about 10 years, but a total of 70lbs lost altogether. Ahh I'm so excited for the Disney Snacks dress, I will be stalking the UPS truck tomorrow. @_@

No, I'm sorry I don't. Should you order from them please report back!

Just an update on my Rainbowrules order. Now I’ll preface this by saying sizing is going to be different based on which country you live in, which style of clothing you ordered, chest size, height etc. Just my experience.

My DDs both ordered a dress. One DD also ordered Capri leggings and I ordered a “batwing” style top. The leggings and top were true to our regular size. So for us, they were regular women’s sizes. The dresses however were really small. I would equate them to dress sizing at Hot Topic - which is more “junior” sized. They were also shorter in length, and short in the waist. The top part of the dresses seem to be the problem size-wise. Not built for their chests I’m afraid. ;) But the patterns are beautiful,and they are a comfy material.

The owner is a great communicator. She’s in Amsterdam so I have an email out to her to see about exchange options but haven’t heard back yet. Worse case scenario, I will get crafty and remove the top to make skirts for them.

FYI. My order took 3 weeks from order to my door — and was completed in Hong Kong. I ordered from their website directly rather than Etsy, as there were more styles and patterns available. Shipping was free with tracking for my order — which is unusual since I am in Canada. But sizing is a gamble.

I actually just got the Small World skirt in from Rainbowrules too... I wear a Small (size 6) in dresses but I ordered a Medium in the skirt just in case, and it's still so small I can't even wear it. Really disappointing.

I actually just got the Small World skirt in from Rainbowrules too... I wear a Small (size 6) in dresses but I ordered a Medium in the skirt just in case, and it's still so small I can't even wear it. Really disappointing.

I know! did you contact her? She said she could exchange for same print - but we are still exchanging emails. Not sure what my cost would be for shipping back to Europe. The funny thing is I ordered one medium dress and one large dress for my girls — the large one was problematic. She suggested I take a picture of the dresses back to back. Sure enough the large was smaller and shorter than the medium! They have the correct size tags. :confused3 Something is off in production.

Just an update on my Rainbowrules order. Now I’ll preface this by saying sizing is going to be different based on which country you live in, which style of clothing you ordered, chest size, height etc. Just my experience.

My DDs both ordered a dress. One DD also ordered Capri leggings and I ordered a “batwing” style top. The leggings and top were true to our regular size. So for us, they were regular women’s sizes. The dresses however were really small. I would equate them to dress sizing at Hot Topic - which is more “junior” sized. They were also shorter in length, and short in the waist. The top part of the dresses seem to be the problem size-wise. Not built for their chests I’m afraid. ;) But the patterns are beautiful,and they are a comfy material.

The owner is a great communicator. She’s in Amsterdam so I have an email out to her to see about exchange options but haven’t heard back yet. Worse case scenario, I will get crafty and remove the top to make skirts for them.

FYI. My order took 3 weeks from order to my door — and was completed in Hong Kong. I ordered from their website directly rather than Etsy, as there were more styles and patterns available. Shipping was free with tracking for my order — which is unusual since I am in Canada. But sizing is a gamble.
I'm curious about the leggings - did you do the yoga/low waist or sport/high waist? I don't love the scrunchy waist for the "sport" leggings (I have a pair from ArtsCow that's the same style), but I'm afraid to order low waist leggings, even though I like the waistband more.

If you measure the waistband, how many inches is it? Does it stretch?

Which skirt did you order? I just ordered the small world body con skirt in a medium.
I’m really afraid it will be too small now.

Thank you! I was never into dresses until I finally hit my weight loss goal so I'm a late bloomer, lol. I'm 37 now but I just can't resist these Dress Shop designs since they are comfy and flattering to many different body types. Never too old to have some fun!

You look beautiful!

The waist on my size Medium size is 24" or so, which is pretty tiny. I ordered the A-line skirt. According to their website it should have been closer to 29", which is my actual waist size.

Tarak: Thank you! <3 <3 Ya'll know how to boost a gal's self confidence. XD

Last edited:
The waist on my size Medium size is 24" or so, which is pretty tiny. I ordered the A-line skirt. According to their website it should have been closer to 29", which is my actual waist size.

Woof! That's a huge difference. The site says to carefully measure yourself to get the correct size but yet the skirt does not match the size chart! :confused3

I hope all who ordered from this company gets it resolved without additional fees. Please report back, inquiring minds want to know! ::yes::

Thank you! If the waist is 24”, I’m screwed, lol. I did measure, and order according to the chart. I’ll update the measurements for everyone when I get mine.

Thank you! If the waist is 24”, I’m screwed, lol. I did measure, and order according to the chart. I’ll update the measurements for everyone when I get mine.
Same. I also ordered according to the chart (and I really went through Etsy reviews). I'm 5'7", 180lbs, and went with the XL. When I order from ArtsCow (which has very similar looking stuff, in terms of materials and construction) XL is roomy enough for me to be comfortable in the cheap-ish fabric (and it helps the leggings not be seethrough). Hopefully that's not too big! I went a little overboard and got a couple tanks too, since I know I won't want to be in dresses the whole time I'm at Disney.

Baaww I just got the Snacks Dress in the mail, and I am absolutely in love. <3 It's so comfy! Stayed true to size compared to my other Disney Shop dresses, all are a size Small.

fsDE9LM.jpg
196glVa.jpg

NEWS - Men's Wear

Disney's Polynesian Resort Aloha Shirt for Men $54.99 - back in stock and of course after the sale :rolleyes1
The bare necessities
  • Shirt: 55% lyocell / 45% cotton
Not sure how well it matches the Trader Sam's Surplice Sundress for Women as the fabric content is different.
The bare necessities
  • 97% cotton / 3% spandex
upload_2019-3-28_15-48-38.png

Shirt Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/disneys-polynesian-resort-aloha-shirt-for-men-1478283

I'm curious about the leggings - did you do the yoga/low waist or sport/high waist? I don't love the scrunchy waist for the "sport" leggings (I have a pair from ArtsCow that's the same style), but I'm afraid to order low waist leggings, even though I like the waistband more.

Sorry. My daughter ordered the Capri leggings. I think there was only one style. The large fit her even though most reviews said they ran small. The dresses though - I really think they are more junior sized at least for the styles I ordered. I don’t know if that’s the same for skirts.

My DD17 is also 5’7” and normally a size 12. I had ordered the large short sleeve dress (and we now know they shipped the wrong size with a “large” label.) The owner will redo. I’m actually thinking of ordering her the Xxl dress because I don’t want it too tight. She is broader in the shoulders. I really don’t know.

Incidentally, the owner is really good in communication. But she is in Amsterdam so our emails seem to take a day back and forth timing wise. She will redo for me because it was their error in production. She does have an address in the US to take back exchanges. I priced it out for the dress I have. I’m in Canada so it would be international shipping for me. She has to get back to me with what I should do since this wasn’t my fault. I’ll let you all know The process tomorrow.

I’ve heard that if you just placed your order, you can contact her if concerned with size and give your dimensions. She may be able to make changes to the order for you. Her email mentioned that she’s 5’6” and a European size medium and she fits size medium in her clothes. The pics on her website gallery are her. If that helps.

It’s hard because a lot of reviews will say ... love this ... fits a little small... etc. But no one is saying their normal size, and what they ordered. Any pics don’t say size.

It’s hard because a lot of reviews will say ... love this ... fits a little small... etc. But no one is saying their normal size, and what they ordered. Any pics don’t say size.

THIS ^^^^ If you're going to post a review then post an actual review with as many details as possible or don't bother at all. People actually rely on these posts, your measurements, what size you bought are critical. It does not matter how many people write the same thing down. The more information / confirmations there are the better!

I hope all of you are posting your experiences. It doesn't have to be mean or nasty just the truth. All of it.

Reactions: amw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter