The DVC board official Animal Kingdom Villas discussion thread

As Lisa S said, they are include in the area leased by DVD on the 5th floor. Although, I supose they could just continue to give them to CRO to rent out.

I think that is one of the problems with AKL - these units don't rent out - like the other suites do.

they are beautiful!!!

Hi all of you AKV fans! We just returned a couple of weeks ago from a trip to SSR. My wife and I had seen the on line pictures of the AKV models and were really not that impressed. We felt that the leopard skin carpeting and funky beadspread made the place look more lika a Pimps apartment than a DVC unit. However, when we saw the models in person, we were blown away. The on line photos really do not do it justice. Add our first ever trip to AKL, and we are hooked. We are looking forward to trying out the resort in a couple of years. I think it will be a great "Fully theamed" addition to DVC. (Unlike the untheamed Miami condo style Contemporary DVC on the horizon)

Hi all of you AKV fans! We just returned a couple of weeks ago from a trip to SSR. My wife and I had seen the on line pictures of the AKV models and were really not that impressed. We felt that the leopard skin carpeting and funky beadspread made the place look more lika a Pimps apartment than a DVC unit. However, when we saw the models in person, we were blown away. The on line photos really do not do it justice. Add our first ever trip to AKL, and we are hooked. We are looking forward to trying out the resort in a couple of years. I think it will be a great "Fully theamed" addition to DVC. (Unlike the untheamed Miami condo style Contemporary DVC on the horizon)

I agree with you on both points! We too thought the units were MUCH more impressive in person than any pictures we have ever seen of them. The sunrise tiles in the bathroom were incredible! I too have no interest in the CRV either. BTW, did you see the hidden Mickey's in the carpet? DH liked that!

I thought the models were very impressive, too. Loved those tiles and the whole master bathroom for that matter.

However, I do:headache: think the woven material on the couch in the LR is going to be one big headache for mousekeeping if that is the final choice. I can just imagine pb&j, cereal, etc getting caught in the weave.:headache: It is very attractive though.

I thought the models were very impressive, too. Loved those tiles and the whole master bathroom for that matter.

However, I do:headache: think the woven material on the couch in the LR is going to be one big headache for mousekeeping if that is the final choice. I can just imagine pb&j, cereal, etc getting caught in the weave.:headache: It is very attractive though.

Yep, and I asked about that as well. They said it was changed because folks thought the leather one was too hard.

We fell in love with the models as well. We were on the fence about adding on, and once I saw the model in person, I jumped right over! :)

Well, I tried to watch the DVD and it kept skipping. Ugh. We didn't inquire about Animal Kingdom. It must be a mailer that everyone will get eventually.

I think I saw a few pages back that other people had received the mailing. The new interactive water play area in the literature looks interesting.

Maybe I'll give the DVD another try.

I've had "skipping" issues with DVD's and CD's and found an interesting solution (and yes, I'm serious). It doesn't repair scratches, mind you (so if you see a visible scratch on the DVD...it's not going to help).

Put a big pot of water on to boil. Bring it to a high rolling boil. Remove it from the heat (THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!!).

Drop the DVD in. Let it sit for about 10 to 15 min. Pull it out and either let it air dry OR use a soft cloth to dry it and let it cool to room temp.

I've saved CD's, video games, and DVD's by doing this. I wouldn't do it with anything except as a last resort, though (or on something like the AKV DVD that's easily replaceable).

We did it. I jumped over the fence today and added 100 points.
I will post the unit details when I get the paperwork.

I was looking at the point values for different views at the AKV and there are several. can someone tell me the difference between standard and value view? Many thanks!

I agree with you on both points! We too thought the units were MUCH more impressive in person than any pictures we have ever seen of them. The sunrise tiles in the bathroom were incredible! I too have no interest in the CRV either. BTW, did you see the hidden Mickey's in the carpet? DH liked that!

We felt the same as you. The pictures don't do it justice!! When I saw the pictures online I wasn't that impressed, but when DH and I visited the model units at SSR they were wonderful! I'm usually not into dark woods, but for the AKV it totally fits the theme. I agree about the sunrise tiles, too - they are gorgeous!! After visiting the model units, we did a 125 point add-on at AKV! :goodvibes

The model units seald the deal for us. That really finally sold DW on buying in. Can't wait to stay at AKV!

Anyone know what the models hours are? Can we just go into take a look or do we have to go through a big discussion about buying? (we already bought it at 200 points but it would be nice to see it when we go down this October.

I would give your guide a call a week or so before you head down and see if you can stop by and see the models at SSR.

Anyone know what the models hours are? Can we just go into take a look or do we have to go through a big discussion about buying? (we already bought it at 200 points but it would be nice to see it when we go down this October.

The last I knew the models were open for current members to tour late afternoon every day. No need to contact your guide. I think it is 5-6pm but there is probably info on the DVC site and you could easily call when you are down there. The models are beautiful.

I would also like to see them while we're down there, but doubt we'll be able to during that time frame. We're only going down for a few days. Can we not see the models at a different time without going through a whole sales pitch?

Have they opened any models at AKV? We'll be there for breakfast the morning we leave...

We were at Downtown Disney walking around one afternoon while my husband was down there for a conference, and we took a stroll over to SSR and asked if we could see the models and within 15 minutes someone gave us a tour (we already owned at SSR, but were intested in seeing AKV). We did not meet with our guide. The tour guide was a very nice intern. The models are beautiful! We fell in love and added on 50 AKV points (wish we could have done more, but don't really need them!). Probably isn't a bad idea to give DVC a call, but they were so accomodating with us.

We were at Downtown Disney walking around one afternoon while my husband was down there for a conference, and we took a stroll over to SSR and asked if we could see the models and within 15 minutes someone gave us a tour (we already owned at SSR, but were intested in seeing AKV). We did not meet with our guide. The tour guide was a very nice intern. The models are beautiful! We fell in love and added on 50 AKV points (wish we could have done more, but don't really need them!). Probably isn't a bad idea to give DVC a call, but they were so accomodating with us.

We ended up doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago. We just didn't have a chance to get over later in the day and just dropped into the sales center in the early afternoon. We talked to the receptionist there and told them we'd understand if the models would not be open to us...we just thought we'd take a shot at it. They were very happy to accommodate us and a young CM (intern?) took us over to the model. She didn't know a whole lot about DVC, but was obviously around to handle veteran members like us. They did not seem upset at all, but they obviously are not set up to handle a lot of current members coming through early.

As an aside, while we were touring the models (yes, WOW is the appropriate word! :thumbsup2 ), a guide came through with a prospective buying family. We went to vacate the rooms as we didn't want to interrupt a sales visit, but the Guide stopped us and asked us how we liked the model. He then, in front of his guests, asked us to describe what we liked best about DVC ownership and what we liked least. I thought that was pretty gutsy of him in front of prospective buyers but he picked the right people. I think I probably helped him sell some points that day as DW and I went on about staying in DVC accommodations. I should have asked for the referral bonus! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter