• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DVC board official Animal Kingdom Villas discussion thread

We are going to be purchasing here for the first time - new DVC'ers. Can anyone tell me how long of a bus ride it is from AKL/AKV to the parks?

We are going to be purchasing here for the first time - new DVC'ers. Can anyone tell me how long of a bus ride it is from AKL/AKV to the parks?

Not long. 10-15 minutes max would be my guess, although I'm sure others have specific numbers. Obviously Animal Kingdom is only a couple of minutes, and the other parks have direct buses (not shared with other resorts).

I would also like to see them while we're down there, but doubt we'll be able to during that time frame. We're only going down for a few days. Can we not see the models at a different time without going through a whole sales pitch?

Have they opened any models at AKV? We'll be there for breakfast the morning we leave...

There might be a villa available to see in Jambo when you're there for breakfast. However, the villa you see may be nothing like the models in SSR's Theater building. All the Jambo villas have been retro-fitted for the existing AKL room dimensions. :)

Not long. 10-15 minutes max would be my guess, although I'm sure others have specific numbers. Obviously Animal Kingdom is only a couple of minutes, and the other parks have direct buses (not shared with other resorts).

gkrykewy - I work in Center City - are you a DVC member at AK Villas?

Not EXACTLY AKV, but...

tomorrow, at noon, on the TRavel Channel, they're doing the episode of Great Hotels featuring AKL.

:)

I know this has probably been discussed but I don't want to go thru all the pages :goodvibes When a hurricane hits Vero or HH I know that as a member there I will be hit with higher dues. OK, when an expensive animal(s) die at AKL or AK is that figured into the dues???? I am just asking because the new Vacation Magic has an article on the new savannahs, animals and animal enclosures. Also do the AKL dues pay for the new animal buildings, purchase and upkeep???

Thanks.

I know this has probably been discussed but I don't want to go thru all the pages :goodvibes When a hurricane hits Vero or HH I know that as a member there I will be hit with higher dues. OK, when an expensive animal(s) die at AKL or AK is that figured into the dues???? I am just asking because the new Vacation Magic has an article on the new savannahs, animals and animal enclosures. Also do the AKL dues pay for the new animal buildings, purchase and upkeep???

Thanks.

Yes, we will pay for the upkeep and facilities of the animals on the private savannah, and will share the cost on the other savannahs with AKL. I don't think the death of an animal will impact member fees much, I don't think they will just "go out and buy a new one" these animals do reproduce.

We just booked our first DVC stay at AKV..although we purchased at Saratoga:)..we will be there in June...AKV is my DD10's choice for this trip, its her bday! Was very happy to book a studio, SV at the 7 mth mark. Its just us this trip and she has been wanting to stay here:)
Will have to catch up on this thread!

Where are exactly is Jambo House in AKL? Is it along the Zebra Trail? Where will Kidani Village be located?

Much thanks! I am sure this topic has been covered but I do not have the time to sift through all of the pages!!!:rotfl:

Where are exactly is Jambo House in AKL? Is it along the Zebra Trail? Where will Kidani Village be located?
Jambo House is the name given to the part of AKV located within the Lodge building. It will occupy most of the 5th floor and all of the 6th floor of AKL. There are a few rooms along the parking lot side of the resort on the 5th floor that do not appear to be included within AKV.

Kidani Village is a new building that will open in 2009. It will be located across the Sunset Savanna from AKL.

Yes, we will pay for the upkeep and facilities of the animals on the private savannah, and will share the cost on the other savannahs with AKL. I don't think the death of an animal will impact member fees much, I don't think they will just "go out and buy a new one" these animals do reproduce.

I am glad no one said that the departed animals are expressed to Boma.:rolleyes1

I had originally booked SSR (my home resort) for March 9 to 16 in 2008. Earlier this week I thought I'd try to see if I could get AKL. Got a 1 bedroom Savanna view! I truly thought I wouldn't be able to get anything since the 7 month window had already opened for several weeks.

Our first stay at AKV will be July 2008 in a 1 br value. Booked it at 11 mo. Can't wait to go home!

We booked our 1st AKV stay for the end of March/first of April in a 1 bdrm. SV. DH and I are so excited!! :yay:

I was hoping for a little more feedback on the impact of construction at AKV. Who has stayed recently? Does the construction take away from the overall experience. I plan to book 3-4 nights at the 7 month window in a week or so. (This will be followed by 5 nights in a 2 BDR at BWV!...should we try to get the whole week at AKV?) Still trying to decide whether to use points or pay cash at AKL?

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter