• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Good News Is......

If anyone is a healthcare worker, Costco is allowing them to skip the lines at stores. You have to show your ID badge and costco membership before entering. One of my old coworker did this yesterday. I would check the Costco's near where you live to see if there are any restrictions on certain days of when this happens.

This was very fun to watch (turn on the sound first)!
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...-stars-perform-distance-gma-abcs-day-70060344
And on Monday, 4/13, the sold-out, one-night-only benefit "Celebrating 25 Magical Years of Disney on Broadway" from last November, will be live streamed at 7 p.m. ET along with new, live segments, to raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund.

You can watch the stream on ABC7NY.com and the websites of the ABC Owned Television Stations around the countr, on broadwaycares.org, youtube.com/BCEFA, facebook.com/BCEFA and Playbill.com.

I know what we'll be doing on Monday! :)

The good news is I can begin teleworking for a few hours each day next week. It's actually not terrible going into the office, but the boss really wants less people there at a time.

I've also finally started posting on eBay again. I'm not sure if anything will sell, but at least I'm tidying up some of the shelves and drawers.

If anyone is a healthcare worker, Costco is allowing them to skip the lines at stores. You have to show your ID badge and costco membership before entering. One of my old coworker did this yesterday. I would check the Costco's near where you live to see if there are any restrictions on certain days of when this happens.
First responders are also included. If you don't want to feel awkward, I would ask an employee in the front if there is still priority access.

The good news is that my son and daughter in law have found a new place to live. The bad news is that my son and daughter in law have found a new place to live.

They moved in with us suddenly when their landlord became unhinged and they had to get out suddenly for their own safety. We're happy they've found a place but we'll miss them.

My daughter and I made flour tortillas last night. The hardest thing for us to get down making these was the correct temperature to heat the tortillas. Each stove is different, so, once we found the "sweet spot" on our stove, it was amazing. I know we will make flour tortillas instead of buying them as much as possible!

Anyone who wants to try it, I found a tutorial on youtube by a woman named Claudia. I forget her last name (maybe Renaldago?). I found her tutorial very easy to follow.

The good news is...

I tested out my new garden tool this past weekend. A jack hammer. It slices through the clay like butter, I tell ya! And I got a Mexican Elderberry plant from a friend of mine so eventually, I'll be able to make my own elderberry gummies some day down the road.

If anyone needs a reason to move on from sweatshirts and pajama pants for 1 day...

Well, our dapper outfits were waiting by the suitcase to be packed. And we were planning on dressing up that day anyway... (Hey, hubby bought be a loungefly purse and everything to go with my outfit... you'd better believe I'm wearing it around the house.) So we're excited to check this out!

Thanks for sharing!

(Guess no sweatpants that day... first time in weeks)

My good news today: I got my new set of aligners (Invisalign; new round of 6 trays). After being in my last tray (26/26) for 5 weeks, having a clean tray feels amazing :hyper:

My ortho has been trying to track down my aligners for almost a month (I got rescanned for refinements right before everything closed). They arrived (the day everything closed down at my ortho office), but the UPS driver was newer and didn't know to take packages to my ortho's house nearby like their usual driver does. So they got sent back to Texas and no one could locate them :rotfl:

They just arrived last night and my ortho set them out for me to pick up today. Six trays that instead of my normal one week wear, I'm on two week wear to hopefully get me through until they can see me in person again. I'm a little sad that this means if we never entered the twilight zone I would have been (hopefully) done by my birthday in May and in retainers... but now I won't be done until July. But I'm grateful my ortho has done all he can to make sure I'm not too disrupted with my treatment.

Also OMG CLEAN ALIGNERS 💚💚💚

Hooray for clean aligners and a great orthodontist! :)
Good news for anyone having an issue with an Amazon shipment: the Amazon A-Z Guarantee really works! Got a shipment of hand sanitizer that was missing a few bottles. Contacted Amazon and had a live chat with a very nice rep who reviewed my order, put in a request on my behalf -- and within an hour, I received an email stating that a full refund was coming my way!

My good news today: I got my new set of aligners (Invisalign; new round of 6 trays). After being in my last tray (26/26) for 5 weeks, having a clean tray feels amazing :hyper:

My ortho has been trying to track down my aligners for almost a month (I got rescanned for refinements right before everything closed). They arrived (the day everything closed down at my ortho office), but the UPS driver was newer and didn't know to take packages to my ortho's house nearby like their usual driver does. So they got sent back to Texas and no one could locate them :rotfl:

They just arrived last night and my ortho set them out for me to pick up today. Six trays that instead of my normal one week wear, I'm on two week wear to hopefully get me through until they can see me in person again. I'm a little sad that this means if we never entered the twilight zone I would have been (hopefully) done by my birthday in May and in retainers... but now I won't be done until July. But I'm grateful my ortho has done all he can to make sure I'm not too disrupted with my treatment.

Also OMG CLEAN ALIGNERS 💚💚💚

Ha! I am in the same boat! Been wearing this set for like 6 weeks. Ugh. I have found that using the Invisalign crystals and denture cleaners is helping it some. But hooooo-boy am I ready for the next set! My dentist wants to perform a bit of work on my teeth before the next set which is why I have been unable to upgrade (considered non-essential still)

My good news is that I called my travel insurance company and I still have full medical insurance, which includes medical treatment for Covid 19 in America. This is because I booked my flights and hotels before March 13 2020 and my travel insurance is an annual policy which was bought before March 13 2020.

Thats at least one worry off my mind. In almost 20 years of travel to America I have never needed medical treatment but I have always made sure to have medical insurance.

Ha! I am in the same boat! Been wearing this set for like 6 weeks. Ugh. I have found that using the Invisalign crystals and denture cleaners is helping it some. But hooooo-boy am I ready for the next set! My dentist wants to perform a bit of work on my teeth before the next set which is why I have been unable to upgrade (considered non-essential still)

Yeah, I've been using the cleaning crystals to get by myself. They do help for sure!

Have you tried asking your dentist if they can reorder you your last tray and have it mailed directly to you? That's an option I've seen some be given and was what I originally asked my ortho if we could do (I lucked out that I don't need anymore IPR or attachments removed/added for this refinement round and they were already made).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter