The Grosvenor ??

msr709

DISfan forever
I'm booked to stay at the Grosvenor with their wonderful $39 deal. I've done a search on these boards (which are wonderful by the way) and there seems to be mixed opinions on this resort. I've gone to their website and it looks pretty good, I mean for $39 it looks fantastic! I'm going with my Mom who is 72 but is very agile and looks and acts like she is 50 and neither of us is really looking for a luxury hotel, just a clean safe place will do. Any opinions on this? We like the location of the hotel specifically. She just loves to go to Downtown Disney! This is my second trip to Disney this year so I'm trying to make it nice for her but also stay within my budget! We are staying at the Grosvenor for 4 nites/5 days and then moving over to the Hard Rock Hotel, which I just tried out this summer and was FABULOUS! (I'm trying to write my report but have been very busy at work) I wanted to be able to show it to her since she couldn't come with us in the summer because of the heat. Anyway, can anyone tell me their most recent experience at this hotel, it seemed to me that since last May to now opinions have changed favorably towards this hotel and I just wanted to make sure. I also have ressies at the Marriott, just in case! But I couldn't get the $29 deal because of the days I want to travel. :( Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you Carol, I had read your review, (which by the way was one of the reasons I did make this choice) but never thought of going into that site to see if anyone else had given reviews, DUH! You know the old saying "two heads are better than one" and thats why our DIS site works so well because whatever you haven't thought about someone else is bound to. This is my first time I'm going during the holidays and with all this tragedy (I work in NYC) I REALLY wanted to go away where I could feel relaxed and happy and can go into my own fantasy world! Thanks again! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sorry about the name mix-up Carolyn, I read it so fast I thought it was Carol.!! Have a Disney Day!:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

ive stayed at the grosvenor. withe the deal u got u should be plenty happy. try to get a room with a view of downtown disney in the tower rooms. its really close to downtown disney which is a plus. have a great trip!!
-goofyman:jester:

That is a fabulous rate for a very good hotel. It's a pleasant stroll to DD, too, and the tower rooms provide a great view over the area (and a glimpse of the fireworks, too!).

DH and I both loved this hotel. Our last WDW trip was for 16 days. We split it between three resorts - offsite, Grosvenor and Dixie Landings. We enjoyed all of our choices. The Grosvenor has bigger rooms with more amenities than the Disney moderates, for less $. And the location, just across the street from DD, is wonderful!

For your responses, I feel much better about my decision. I can't wait!! 64 days and counting! You all are THE BEST!:bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth:

Sorry the Grosvenor does not have any balconies which would have been nice..I agree with getting a nice Tower Room. We were on the 8th floor and while we had a pretty good view I think being higher would have been much better. They seem to be remodeling the wing rooms which is a good sign. The Tower area including the elevator etc. seemed pretty updated and clean. We were really happy with our room we got through Priceline for $35..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter