The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

Yeah down time with access to the internet usually means I'm looking up travel deals... :rolleyes1

I'm seriously considering booking a trip to Italy in October...

Do it! if I cant do it then I want to be able to live through other ppls travels, so make sure you do a trip report with lots of photos.

We haven't booked yet. A couple of reasons why I didn't just book it -

1 we're not sure how DD will travel. We're flying from Newcastle to Melbourne at the end of June, so we're waiting to see how she goes in the plane. Then we'll have a better idea of how she will go on a longer trip.

2 DH runs his own business, and at the moment it's a bit tricky to leave his employees unsupervised. They just don't have the experience yet to make decisions without him :sad2: So the max he can probably take off is 2 weeks.

3 I might want to go to WDW, if we got to Italy we won't be able to do both... :rotfl:

4 If we went to Italy it makes sense to do a bit more of Europe at the same time. See point 2... :confused3

I think we'll be doing some form of international holiday before the end of the year, just not sure where yet...

We haven't booked yet. A couple of reasons why I didn't just book it -

1 we're not sure how DD will travel. We're flying from Newcastle to Melbourne at the end of June, so we're waiting to see how she goes in the plane. Then we'll have a better idea of how she will go on a longer trip.

2 DH runs his own business, and at the moment it's a bit tricky to leave his employees unsupervised. They just don't have the experience yet to make decisions without him :sad2: So the max he can probably take off is 2 weeks.

3 I might want to go to WDW, if we got to Italy we won't be able to do both... :rotfl:

4 If we went to Italy it makes sense to do a bit more of Europe at the same time. See point 2... :confused3

I think we'll be doing some form of international holiday before the end of the year, just not sure where yet...

Hope you get something booked.

You're coming to Melbourne??? :rolleyes1

Yeah we're staying at Docklands for a long weekend. A friend of ours is throwing his wife a surprise birthday party/weekend away and he has invited us.

I'm not sure how everything is go, but time will tell :lmao:

I think I'm at 73 nights if I include Hong Kong and Tokyo with my longest consecutive stay being 14 nights. After December I'll be up to 86!

Impressive! I've got a long way to go. After December I won't have even cracked the 20's.

I'm up to 29 or 30 days at DLR; with the longest consecutive stay there about 12 nights.
At WDW, I'm up to 31 days, with the longest consecutive stay there being 10 nights.
Plus 3 at HKDL.

Total of 63 or 64. Fair to midlin'.

I've bit the bullet and started a photography business. :blush:

I know the fastest way to make money in photography is to sell your gear, so I'm not planning on getting rich off this business, hopefully I'll be able to finance a few more lenses though :rolleyes1

I don't think my stress levels could handle weddings at this stage, but I'm hoping to get some family portraits and parties under my belt.

There are a lot of great photographers in here, so I would love some input.

https://www.facebook.com/inkypinkyphotography

My 'all about nothing' news at present is that I'm absolutely loving My House Rules at present. NZ seems to be getting more and more Aussie shows as they seem to rate really well over here.
'My House Rules' is my current favourite show as the personality of those contestants is so intriguing. NZ tries to do house reno shows, but our population is so small the shows require heaps of funding and they turn into great big advertisements. It's refreshing to watch a show with little-to-no product placement.

We're also getting The Voice (another one I love), My Kitchen Rules, a variety of Australian Police shows, Biggest Loser, plus I think many more that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, I'm sure many of theses series have probably finished for the season over there, so, please, no spoilers.
I'm just curious, do Australians love their homemade reality shows as much us kiwis seem to?

Most of them I do not watch but like you at the moment I am hooked to House Rules, we also Tivo shows like RBT and Highway Patrol (which is a NZ show) as they are good to watch when there is nothing else. We very rarely watch tv as it is happening as I hate commercials so we always Tivo everything or we watch a series from DVD.

I am not liking the Tasmanian couple on House Rules so hope it is not them that get the high score of 10 this week. Hopefully that was not classed as a spoiler. What week are you up to in the show, this week they are doing the Qld house.

My mantra for this year was....

I will NOT watch Masterchef.
I will NOT watch Masterchef......
I will NOT watch.......
I will NOT NOT watch Masterchef. :laughing:

I've bit the bullet and started a photography business. :blush:

I know the fastest way to make money in photography is to sell your gear, so I'm not planning on getting rich off this business, hopefully I'll be able to finance a few more lenses though :rolleyes1

I don't think my stress levels could handle weddings at this stage, but I'm hoping to get some family portraits and parties under my belt.

There are a lot of great photographers in here, so I would love some input.

https://www.facebook.com/inkypinkyphotography

Good for you Bec Bennett. Hope it works out great for you.

:thumbsup2

Most of them I do not watch but like you at the moment I am hooked to House Rules, we also Tivo shows like RBT and Highway Patrol (which is a NZ show) as they are good to watch when there is nothing else. We very rarely watch tv as it is happening as I hate commercials so we always Tivo everything or we watch a series from DVD. I am not liking the Tasmanian couple on House Rules so hope it is not them that get the high score of 10 this week. Hopefully that was not classed as a spoiler. What week are you up to in the show, this week they are doing the Qld house.

We're up to the Melbourne (third) house. It's the reveal/scoring episode tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing if the couple appreciate the ghastly floral bathroom tiles and the mishmash of wall papers.

I really don't like the Tassie couple either. The woman is so lazy. All she ever seems to be doing is standing around drinking out of her water bottle. I'm also not keen on Carol, the older woman. She constantly criticises her husband, yet he seems so placid and lovely.

There's nothing like conflicting personalities to make for good television :)

I've been watching the Disney Movie Channel a LOT lately.

I am NOT NOT watching Masterchef. :happytv:

I've been watching the Disney Movie Channel a LOT lately. I am NOT NOT watching Masterchef. :happytv:

Is there a reason you are showing so much restraint with Masterchef?

I tend not to watch cooking shows as they make me hungry, yet I'm by no means skilled enough to replicate the dishes they are making.
You, on the other hand, probably make some masterpieces as a result of watching these shows. :)

Is there a reason you are showing so much restraint with Masterchef?

I tend not to watch cooking shows as they make me hungry, yet I'm by no means skilled enough to replicate the dishes they are making.
You, on the other hand, probably make some masterpieces as a result of watching these shows. :)

Time.

I've spending way too much time on screens. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter