The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW and Kidani! March 21-28 and April 2-5

I didn't have high expectations, but I sure didn't expect my shoes to stick to the bathroom floor when we walked in. Someone must have spilled a coke or something really sticky. At that same time Mom was in the kitchen and found all the water in the floor. I'm not talking a puddle, it was like an inch deep in water. :scared: I called housekeeping and shortly after that a man with a clipboard and a mousekeeper both showed up. The man apologized but the mousekeeper was trying to argue her case. She insisted that the room was cleaned well by her and basically acted like I was lying. She then proceeded to enter the bathroom and I can hear her shoes slurping and slapping on that sticky floor. She takes a washcloth from the wall and wets it, then pathetically wiped the floor a bit. I asked if she had a mop or some sort of spray cleaner. Something that sticky needs some sort of spray, believe me I'm the mother of two teenagers, she acted very offended but went and got some spray. I guess she was upset because the man with the clipboard was obviously reviewing the job she did (or didn't do) cleaning our room before we arrived. I never like to cause problems but gee whiz we just needed a mop, heck I would have cleaned it myself if it was that big of a deal. :crazy2:
Then a man came about the non-working Magic Bands. Luckily I had my AP band with me and that one was working fine. But neither Mom's or my band would open the door. He was also grumpy and unpleasant. Asked if we wanted to take them back to the lobby ourselves or if he had to do it :sad2:I kindly asked if he would take them because we had just arrived from hauling all our luggage and groceries to the room. Mom said "He sure doesn't have the Disney spirit". I then reminded my Mom that she wanted a value resort and I guess this is all the friendliness we can expect. I don't know though, because I've had tons of nice stays at Pop Century, otherwise I wouldn't keep going back there over and over again.

We are off to Sea World!!!! :daisy:

Have fun at Sea World!! Your late night MK trip looks fun! Funny though how everything else can be a walk on but 7DMT was still 40 mins...wonder how long it will stay that way...probably a couple years..... Good luck with the crowds today!

The driver said every bus in the area is on duty this weekend for the Easter crowds.

MK is actually dead right now. Most waits about 15 minutes. SDMT was 40.

My daughter was bored at the airport last night and was checking the wait times for fun. When she told me the short wait times for MK I couldn't believe how that could happen during spring break time. Did everyone just get tired of big crowds all day and give up early? It wasn't cold or rainy last night, was it?

Then a man came about the non-working Magic Bands. Luckily I had my AP band with me and that one was working fine. But neither Mom's or my band would open the door. He was also grumpy and unpleasant

Did your AP band work to open the door?

Those family suites at the value resorts scare me. For the same price you could have had a moderate resort. Are you glad that you took the suite, instead? So far we have stuck with deluxe resorts. DH refuses to move down to a moderate. And a value resort is out of the question for him. But I do plan to drag him over to AoA and maybe Pop to look at it. I want to see what a resort with giant icons and statues looks like. ;)

Tomorrow we are off to Sea World! I haven't been there in over 20 years. Not really sure what to expect with their crowd level. Hope it's not too bad. :goodvibes
We have been there in about 28 years. I bet it has changed a lot since then. ;)

Those family suites at the value resorts scare me. For the same price you could have had a moderate resort. Are you glad that you took the suite, instead? So far we have stuck with deluxe resorts. DH refuses to move down to a moderate. And a value resort is out of the question for him. But I do plan to drag him over to AoA and maybe Pop to look at it. I want to see what a resort with giant icons and statues looks like. ;)

We are usually deluxe people too, but last year we stayed at AoA in a Lion King suite. It was nice and clean and new and we loved having two bathrooms! But....we did not care for the food court chaos and thought the bus service was the worst we ever had at Disney. So this year, back to the BC we go!

I hate that your budget stay is so ........budget ;) This has been my biggest fear of the values, lack of service. With both of our girls true adults in a couple of weeks (baby girl turns 18 on the 23rd) it's killing me to pay an extra $50 per night to stay four in a room. IT would kill me more though to book two deluxe rooms (unless i could get the <$200 a night per room deal I had at AKL right after New Years in '13!)

Just found your TR and loved reading it all. It looks like you are having so much fun! The situation at the Value is very unfortunate though. I hope your mom picks a house at the Villages it sounds like a great place. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

My daughter was bored at the airport last night and was checking the wait times for fun. When she told me the short wait times for MK I couldn't believe how that could happen during spring break time. Did everyone just get tired of big crowds all day and give up early? It wasn't cold or rainy last night, was it?

We have been there in about 28 years. I bet it has changed a lot since then. ;)

The weather was beautiful last night, but after Wishes I swear everyone left. It was crazy. I really felt lucky. I wandered over to the castle right before the second parade and it was practically empty, found a seat and watched the rest of it and had a perfect unobstructed view of Celebrate the Magic. I still can't believe how many rides I walked on. Was a perfect night!!!! :)

Yep, my AP band worked fine. That's how we got in.

Our big issue is the snoring. We both snore horribly (i'm the worst though) so we have to have two rooms if we're going to sleep. We really wanted to be together though so we can hang at night in our jammies and watch TV and stuff... but I knew the chances of getting connecting rooms was extremely low. So we tried the suite. Actually it has been fine after the initial unpleasant arrival. The sleeper sofa wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, and it's so nice to be together instead of separated. Tonight after dragging back here completely worn out from spending about 8 hours at Sea World we ordered pizza and watched old movies in bed just giggling and talking. Mom and I live in different states so we don't usually get to spend quality time together. :)

I have to say that my stay at AoA was miserable last year but I do prefer it over All Star in most ways. Pop is still my favorite Value hands down. If it wouldn't have been Easter weekend I would have booked us two rooms at Pop and requested connecting.

Tonight as I walked back to our building Wreck It Ralph was playing at the pool and everyone was down there having so much fun, it's just great to be at Disney anywhere you can be. :D

I hate that your budget stay is so ........budget ;) This has been my biggest fear of the values, lack of service. With both of our girls true adults in a couple of weeks (baby girl turns 18 on the 23rd) it's killing me to pay an extra $50 per night to stay four in a room. IT would kill me more though to book two deluxe rooms (unless i could get the <$200 a night per room deal I had at AKL right after New Years in '13!)

I would never stay here with my kids. They would literally throw a fit. I have created horribly spoiled club level snobs in the two of them. :lmao:

Yep, my AP band worked fine. That's how we got in.
I thought that is what you said. But you know, it isn't logical that your AP would work on your resort door while the other MB wouldn't. :upsidedow

Our big issue is the snoring. We both snore horribly (i'm the worst though) so we have to have two rooms if we're going to sleep. We really wanted to be together though so we can hang at night in our jammies and watch TV and stuff... but I knew the chances of getting connecting rooms was extremely low. So we tried the suite. Actually it has been fine after the initial unpleasant arrival. The sleeper sofa wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, and it's so nice to be together instead of separated. Tonight after dragging back here completely worn out from spending about 8 hours at Sea World we ordered pizza and watched old movies in bed just giggling and talking. Mom and I live in different states so we don't usually get to spend quality time together. :)
I can see why you choose the suite now. ;) I also know what you mean about being together. We went to Disney with our son, two grandsons and my two sisters. Normally, they would all get their own rooms. But I was able to get a 2 br villa at OKW with an AP discount and for less than the cost of three rooms. It was great fun to all be together. And no one felt left out.

I would never stay here with my kids. They would literally throw a fit. I have created horribly spoiled club level snobs in the two of them.
We've never stayed club level but we have terribly spoiled our kids with the BC. We've stayed at the BC or BCV many times when they were teens and young adults - back in the days when we were paying for the trip. ;) Now that they have families of their own, they still want to stay there.

I think my favorite animals today were the penguins :) they are so adorable!

7128B994-A13C-419D-9A7E-61D5930AB2B4_zpstfwhm20n.jpg

C25799D9-1B78-4380-82E4-39809DF9EBA0_zpss8fcyjra.jpg

And Antarctica was definitely my favorite ride:

B08CFE3F-1FB9-4AA7-ADA5-655088D806AF_zpsamtmvzfn.jpg

A76E25B8-2364-4ADE-A4B3-9FC71344808D_zpslxbhk3hn.jpg

http://vid59.photobucket.com/albums...2-4C6D-49D1-B98C-105865AAF162_zpslv37flds.mp4

There really aren't very many rides at Sea World. Two roller coasters, a splash mountain type of flume ride, this Antarctica ride, and then a few kiddie rides. I was expecting more. But the best part of the day was the dolphin show and whale show.....

http://vid59.photobucket.com/albums...9-8973-4A70-8E04-7EB10F3F9684_zpsqojkzxvd.mp4

DSCN8083_zpsmqmdyhc1.jpg

9AC3492D-0DFC-4C0F-B55A-F6FE2D08D02A_zpsw1cpvbgz.jpg

20915B80-3544-48E6-998A-9828B1873352_zps9y4g9awb.jpg

2CEA7C9C-AA08-4D07-B35E-206D1C99EB7A_zps1xaehvva.jpg

Pictures don't even do justice to these beautiful animals :)

40BF7021-92FC-46A1-91C7-068B93441E08_zpsryfeu4ck.jpg

DSCN8076_zpsvwbhddxw.jpg

I thought that is what you said. But you know, it isn't logical that your AP would work on your resort door while the other MB wouldn't. :upsidedow

I can see why you choose the suite now. ;) I also know what you mean about being together. We went to Disney with our son, two grandsons and my two sisters. Normally, they would all get their own rooms. But I was able to get a 2 br villa at OKW with an AP discount and for less than the cost of three rooms. It was great fun to all be together. And no one felt left out.

We've never stayed club level but we have terribly spoiled our kids with the BC. We've stayed at the BC or BCV many times when they were teens and young adults - back in the days when we were paying for the trip. ;) Now that they have families of their own, they still want to stay there.

We love YC/BC :love:

Amazing. Sea world is under controversy, but they are beautiful. I hope we can care four our world, and I feel education is a big part. I love your pictures! They capture so much beauty.

It sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful slumber party, I think AoA was the best choice for this time, and I'm glad you're taking us on the journey, I'm sure the time will come when I'll need to rooms, and connecting aren't always available to adults (larger families with young kids, heck even teenagers I'd want 2 bathrooms!)

We're trying club level for the first time in June,,your reports are very helpful.

Love those Epcot pics...it looks so nice and sunny and green...especially when it is SNOWING here...ugh!! So I'm reading TR's and dreaming about Disney lol

I would never stay here with my kids. They would literally throw a fit. I have created horribly spoiled club level snobs in the two of them. :lmao:
Oh believe me, I know! Our girls were really bad when, during Year of a Million Dreams we were bumped to CL at the YC. They thought that it was going to happen every time. Then we stayed CL at WL and it was just "eh" (they locked the stinking lounge during the day time and wouldn't get me a soda). I had booked Atrium Club at CR 5 years ago (super good PIN code, it was $250 a night!) and they bumped us up to a 1 bedroom suite TPV on Tower Club. That was the be all, end all. That trip with the connecting AKL rooms, was a doozie. The first of November my hubby was informed that the hospital his ER company contracted with was not renewing their contract, gave them 10 days till no job. He was able to get on quickly at another hospital but it was quite stressful for a few weeks. Younger daughter was already going to Tampa on a band trip to march in the Outback Bowl on NYD so I said, why don't we just drive down and pick her up and stay a couple of days at WDW. Older daughter had not wanted to go to Tampa with band because her BFF was not in it. Since the friends parents had been so generous to her (taking her to NYC and booking the next New Year in Vegas with her) we took her with us, hence the need for two rooms. I was able to snag the winter discount for pool view akl for $197 per night starting Jan2. We stayed the night of Jan 1 at Dolphin with a great AAA rate of $179/ night per room. Our AKL rooms seemed so small after the monorail resorts and BC/YC though! I hate how tiny the bathroom are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter