The new DVC Riviera Resort??

Wow, a little heavy on the theme there Disney, (laughing). Rack rates are ridiculous but ( build it and THEY will come.)

where are the rack rates located?

If you go to the Riviera page on the Disney booking site it should should the Starting From price and just below that a link to the rate calendar for each type of room.

Cash Price for a reservation if renting from Disney directly in Mid December:
Tower Studio $561.00
Deluxe Studio Standard View $781.00
Deluxe Studio Preferred View $892.00
1 Bed Stand. View $1151.00
1 Bed Preferred View $1338
2 Bed Stand. View $1749
2 Bed Pref. View $2008
Grand Villa $3695.

These December dates are some of the most expensive of any year, and Disney's cash pricing for DVC resorts seems to be somewhere around $36/point plus taxes (just checked Poly on a random day), so I'm not too concerned about how high the prices appear.

What would CCV cash rates be for December if any were available?

These December dates are some of the most expensive of any year, and Disney's cash pricing for DVC resorts seems to be somewhere around $36/point plus taxes (just checked Poly on a random day), so I'm not too concerned about how high the prices appear.

$608-643 mid-late December for a studio at CCV.

Ooh thank you for that figure. I have been feverishly waiting for a rough idea of what point costs will be.

Ooh thank you for that figure. I have been feverishly waiting for a rough idea of what point costs will be.

While I have no way of knowing if that's what point costs will turn out to be, it seems somewhat in the ballpark.

Jerry@dvcstore said:
Cash Price for a reservation if renting from Disney directly in Mid December:
Tower Studio $561.00 ~16 points?
Deluxe Studio Standard View $781.00 ~22 points?
Deluxe Studio Preferred View $892.00 ~25 points?
1 Bed Stand. View $1151.00 ~32 points?
1 Bed Preferred View $1338 ~37 points?
2 Bed Stand. View $1749 ~49 points?
2 Bed Pref. View $2008 ~56 points?
Grand Villa $3695. ~103 points?

For comparison, this is BLT's December points.

Resort - Choice (Dec 15-23) - Premier (Dec 24-31)
BLT Studio Std - 15/17 - 25/29
BLT Studio Lake - 18/19 - 27/32
BLT Studio MK - 21/23 - 33/38

BLT 1BD Std - 28/35 - 47/56
BLT 1BD Lake - 33/38 - 52/62
BLT 1BD MK - 39/46 - 63/75

BLT 2BD Std - 39/45 - 64/77
BLT 2BD Lake - 43/50 - 70/84
BLT 2BD MK - 53/61 - 86/98

I hope it's close to the mark, because it looks like my preferred 1 Bedroom layout would be not the 2x Studio cost it is at a lot of resorts right now. The Riviera 1 Bedroom is pretty appealing... I like the Pull-Down bed that's also coming to OKW vs. the current prevalent pull-out couch.

I'm going with higher than BLT but less than VGF.

Shall we start a thread just for all the guesses? lol

Here's mine - Dec 16th

Tower Studio 14 pts
Deluxe Studio Standard View 18 pts
Deluxe Studio Preferred View 20 pts
1 Bed Stand. View 32 pts
1 Bed Preferred View 36
2 Bed Stand. View 45
2 Bed Pref. View 52
Grand Villa 100

While I have no way of knowing if that's what point costs will turn out to be, it seems somewhat in the ballpark.

For comparison, this is BLT's December points.

Resort - Choice (Dec 15-23) - Premier (Dec 24-31)
BLT Studio Std - 15/17 - 25/29
BLT Studio Lake - 18/19 - 27/32
BLT Studio MK - 21/23 - 33/38

BLT 1BD Std - 28/35 - 47/56
BLT 1BD Lake - 33/38 - 52/62
BLT 1BD MK - 39/46 - 63/75

BLT 2BD Std - 39/45 - 64/77
BLT 2BD Lake - 43/50 - 70/84
BLT 2BD MK - 53/61 - 86/98

I hope it's close to the mark, because it looks like my preferred 1 Bedroom layout would be not the 2x Studio cost it is at a lot of resorts right now. The Riviera 1 Bedroom is pretty appealing... I like the Pull-Down bed that's also coming to OKW vs. the current prevalent pull-out couch.

I do not believe the cash prices for a 1BR are ever double the studios. I will expect the point charts to hold to the similar pattern that has always been done though where they are essentially double the studios.

I travel several times a year for work and regularly stay at IHG and Marriott properties. In greater metropolitan areas, such as New York City, some Marriott brands offer a room comparable to the Tower Studio. For a 2 or 3 day business conference, these rooms are okay for one person. However, I could not imagine a 10 day stay in this villa type during a trip to the Walt Disney World resort.

I am sure guides will market Tower Studios as an entry to DVC and Deluxe Villas, but the experience will be far from luxurious.

Stayed in a hotel in Chicago where as an average size man I could literally extend my hands and touch the walls of the bathroom at it's widest. Part of the love of DVC is now with 2 college age + kids and a teenage man/child space to unwind is at a premium. Stuffing essentially 5 adults into a room is just not that appealing anymore.

I do not believe the cash prices for a 1BR are ever double the studios. I will expect the point charts to hold to the similar pattern that has always been done though where they are essentially double the studios.

Boo, but thanks for letting me down gently before I got the thought stuck in my head.

Does Disney wonder why 1BR books last?

Love how in the "real" world where the market sets prices, Disney has to price 1 bedrooms at about 30-40% more than a studio, but in the DVC world which is managed for our benefit, a 1 bedrooms cost 100% more than the price of a studio.

That must be the same kind of logic that says the "maximum point allocation per room only applies to the first year"!

Love how in the "real" world where the market sets prices, Disney has to price 1 bedrooms at about 30-40% more than a studio, but in the DVC world which is managed for our benefit, a 1 bedrooms cost 100% more than the price of a studio.

That must be the same kind of logic that says the "maximum point allocation per room only applies to the first year"!
That's why I've always said the mix was off, it should have been roughly 60% for a studio and 75-80% for a 1 BR compared to a 2 BR. It's the square footage formulation that did this but it's not realistic IMO.

Stayed in a hotel in Chicago where as an average size man I could literally extend my hands and touch the walls of the bathroom at it's widest. Part of the love of DVC is now with 2 college age + kids and a teenage man/child space to unwind is at a premium. Stuffing essentially 5 adults into a room is just not that appealing anymore.
Palmer House?

I do not see the problem with the rates

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 9.24.05 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 9.24.05 pm.png
    148 KB · Views: 30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter