The Official April 2012 Car Rental Thread

I have a standard SUV booked for Nov 11-18 at Alamo. Right now, its pretty expensive ($368). I check everyday to see if the price has dropped (it has a little bit). When did you all notice that the prices started dropping significantly? And those of you that rented with Alamo, did you sign in to your reservation each time and choose "Modify" to check on the current rates?

Thanks for the help!

Just rebooked my rental car for about the 5th time. Went from a full size to mid-size with Dollar and got down to $117 total for 4/29 - 5/3. Not having that Saturday overnight is a killer, but it's still pretty darn cheap.

$30 more to spend in the parks and it's just my daughter and I so a mid-size will be fine for us!

I have a standard SUV booked for Nov 11-18 at Alamo. Right now, its pretty expensive ($368). I check everyday to see if the price has dropped (it has a little bit). When did you all notice that the prices started dropping significantly? And those of you that rented with Alamo, did you sign in to your reservation each time and choose "Modify" to check on the current rates?

Thanks for the help!

I would not even concern myself with a rental so far out. The last few weeks will be the time to check for a drop. I usually try making a new reservation to check prices and also do the "modify" way. Often, the new reservation brings better results.

I check the car rental rates for my current booking almost daily by doing a mock booking. I got an email this morning from Budget saying, "We see that you didn't complete your reservation....blah blah blah...so here is a free upgrade code UUWZ027 to help you finish your Florida rental." It won't work for me because you can't upgrade beyond a mini-van but maybe it will help someone else.

Apparently I need to clean out my "cookies" on my computer since I wasn't logged in under an account name or anything yet they were still able to cyber stalk me .

Gina

Picking up tonite at 1 am,,just got National (EA) for $160! Apr 28-May 7th, MCO. Had Alamo but was hoping for National..Im soo happy! :banana::banana: It pays to keep looking!

You can rent a minivan at MCO w/ Thrifty for $39.99 a day or $199.99 for a week using code 4C14M (it's a code from Thrifty's own website). This offer is good thru May 19 of this year but works if you are picking up on the 19th like I am.

I booked one picking up in Ft Lauderdale and returning at Miami cruise port!

Ditto!! I just used TI1 and $35 coupon and got $257 for a minivan for 4/14 - 4/20. That's down from $500+ being the best I could get from any of the major brands, and even better than the Payless ressie I got on CarRentalSavers. I'm thrilled at getting such a good rate from an "In-Terminal" company, but I'm worried they're going to ask me for something for using the "Pep Master" contract ID. What is it??

I booked earlier in the year with this TI1 code and a coupon as well. I called to see if they could tell me if I needed anything, and got the same response as others, to go ahead and use it because they didn't know what it came from. Did you end up using it, and if so, did they ask for anything to see?

I called today to confirm my reservation and they told me I needed to bring a copy of the coupon with me. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter