*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

UPDATE: We are now going to be in Orlando from 8/26-9/3! We're planning on renting an offsite place from 8/26-8/30 unless i can find an amazing deal, and we're planning 6 park days plus a couple of resort dines :) Can't wait to go home!
Will 8/31 - 9/03 be at ASMu still?

Yes! that was booked last month through a crazy Priceline deal :) We're just tacking on extra time at the front end.
OK. I was a bit confused (this is not unusual lol) and just wanted to make sure I had it right :)

OK. I was a bit confused (this is not unusual lol) and just wanted to make sure I had it right :)

It's all good, we actually just bit the bullet and booked ASMu for 8/26-8/30 on the free dining deal! So now the trip will be 8/26-9/3 all at ASMu! It was too good to pass up :)

Woohoo for Disney Deals!

We are going to be at the Contemporary Aug. 16-26! I have a house full of happy people right now!!

Congrats. Roll call has been updated accordingly.

It's all good, we actually just bit the bullet and booked ASMu for 8/26-8/30 on the free dining deal! So now the trip will be 8/26-9/3 all at ASMu! It was too good to pass up :)

You're giving me quite the workout today :) Roll call is updated.

First August trip for me! Have done Sept so hoping the heat is similar??

Aug 23-30 at Yatch club.

So who has travel in August give me all your tips! Two adults and 2 kids 5 and 13 months!

First August trip for me! Have done Sept so hoping the heat is similar??

Aug 23-30 at Yatch club.

So who has travel in August give me all your tips! Two adults and 2 kids 5 and 13 months!

Welcome aboard :) Roll call has been updated.

We have been in August ten times now. It is hot, and humid. There is a pretty fair chance of an afternoon storm most days. For the heat, drink lots, and lots of water, and when you think you've had enough, drink some more. Have a sports drink once in a while to keep the electrolytes replenished (I usually start my day drinking one on the way to the parks). If you start to feel like you are really hot, and can't seem to cool down, or you are hot, but not sweating, that is a pretty good indication that you need to drink more.

We are at the parks for rope drop, and try to kind of hustle through a bunch of rides in the first couple of hours. Then, as the crowds, and temperature are climbing, we start slowing down, and going easier. Lunch is long and leisurely counter service meal, and almost always somewhere with indoor seating so that it is an opportunity to cool off and rehydrate. Supper is generally a table service, and again, we take our time, enjoy the air conditioning, and the refills on our drinks.

In the afternoon, we will go for long attractions, and especially ones that are indoor, like The American Adventure in Epcot, Hall of Presidents, Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress in MK etc.

Beyond that, just listen to what your body tells you. If you are feeling like you need a break, take a break. Go find a counter service with indoor seating, get a round of drinks, and maybe a snack, and sit down for a while. Cool off, enjoy that cold drink, and give your body the break it needs.

Welcome aboard :) Roll call has been updated.

We have been in August ten times now. It is hot, and humid. There is a pretty fair chance of an afternoon storm most days. For the heat, drink lots, and lots of water, and when you think you've had enough, drink some more. Have a sports drink once in a while to keep the electrolytes replenished (I usually start my day drinking one on the way to the parks). If you start to feel like you are really hot, and can't seem to cool down, or you are hot, but not sweating, that is a pretty good indication that you need to drink more.

We are at the parks for rope drop, and try to kind of hustle through a bunch of rides in the first couple of hours. Then, as the crowds, and temperature are climbing, we start slowing down, and going easier. Lunch is long and leisurely counter service meal, and almost always somewhere with indoor seating so that it is an opportunity to cool off and rehydrate. Supper is generally a table service, and again, we take our time, enjoy the air conditioning, and the refills on our drinks.

In the afternoon, we will go for long attractions, and especially ones that are indoor, like The American Adventure in Epcot, Hall of Presidents, Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress in MK etc.

Beyond that, just listen to what your body tells you. If you are feeling like you need a break, take a break. Go find a counter service with indoor seating, get a round of drinks, and maybe a snack, and sit down for a while. Cool off, enjoy that cold drink, and give your body the break it needs.

That’s the plan, lots and lots of water! I worry about the kids with the sports drinks it just not something they hve really liked yet.

We are so excited! Yahooo

We are currently booked for 8/17-8/25 at CBR with the free dining promo! I am graduating college this year, so this is my graduation trip :D I'm so excited! party:

You're giving me quite the workout today :) Roll call is updated.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry about that!!! We definitely hadn't planned on doubling the length of our vacation onsite but the numbers worked out in Disney's favor (don't they always???)

Good news is that we are locked and loaded now, no turning back! Thanks for being on top of it :)

Our only Aug trip was 2011 with a 3 & 6 year old and stayed off-site. DH was miserable... swore we'd never go in August again :rotfl2: Sooooo.... here we are. I've promised him water parks, night activities, and NO parks during the day (he said he doesn't believe me, but I'm going to try to hold to it). So no advice from me.

That’s the plan, lots and lots of water! I worry about the kids with the sports drinks it just not something they hve really liked yet.

We are so excited! Yahooo
You could always water it down a bit to make it more palatable for them.

Our only Aug trip was 2011 with a 3 & 6 year old and stayed off-site. DH was miserable... swore we'd never go in August again :rotfl2: Sooooo.... here we are. I've promised him water parks, night activities, and NO parks during the day (he said he doesn't believe me, but I'm going to try to hold to it). So no advice from me.

I did also promise water parks and down time. But our kids are still little so late nights won’t work to much. So we will be doing parks during the day.....

Hello! Add us to the list! We are booked 8/2 - 8/7 at CR and 8/7 - 8/10 at YC. There are four of us, kids will be 7 & 3. We went last August and, while HOT, we found it more manageable than we anticipated. That trip we stayed at Pop and went from sun up to sun down - just three park days. We're hoping to make this trip more "leisurely" and less rushed/more naps. We've never done park hoppers so trying to figure out how to work our days to plan for ADR! We plan to take at least one of our last full days at YC for nothing but Stormalong Bay!

I did also promise water parks and down time. But our kids are still little so late nights won’t work to much. So we will be doing parks during the day.....

When we went that year, we didn't even try for any of the night shows. Kids were way too little to stay up that late. This time they'll be 11 & 14... and given the choice, will regularly stay up til midnight and sleep til 10am. One perk of teenagers!

Ok. It’s official. I bailed from CBR, changed dates, and am now locked in August 21 to sept 1 at , yes, omg, the poly!!! Our first family trip when kiddos were little was at the poly. We have done a few other trips when growing up (mostly at POR, AKL, and BC). Have not been been back to Disney for several years. Now our youngest will be turning 21 this summer, and we are doing a big old ‘ 21 And DONE ‘ trip!!!

I told kids I won’t be taking them back again until I have grandkids. Lol.

I am so excited to be going. Things have changed so much since I have last been there. I have a small hope that I might see the gondolas in action.... fingers crossed.

Add me to the list please Tomh

We are in the planning stages for late August 2019.

We were hoping to stay at the Poly, but the price jump has us on the fence. Poly and GF are significantly higher than all the other delux resorts.

If we can’t justify the price where else would you suggest we stay?

Park wise I we will plan to do each park at least once- no idea which parks, if any, we will do more than once. Still in planning mode

Wilderness lodge is a good one that is in the MK area that has a more reasonable price Easto. The poly and GF are terrifying in their prices quite honestly, but the poly was the most magical trip we ever had as a family, and I am hoping this coming stay at the poly will be everything that we remember.

I had a friend who was contemplating doing Disney with free dining and they are a group of six. It gets pricy fast if you need two rooms, but when I was looking for them yesterday, Wilderness Lodge has a delux room that sleeps six adults, in concierge - that was cheaper then two rooms.....

My friends decided that they were not going to Disney this year, so I thought I might throw that out to you in case you have a larger party....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter