The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

So does this mean that I can tell my teen DD that it's a DIS requirement to get your room together before you are allowed to leave for WDW? I'd love to try that...:rolleyes: Wish me luck!
I like the sparkly snowflakes MB idea. I'll wear almost anything at WDW - as long as I am at WDW. :thumbsup2 Happy final prep for your trip and safe travels Sunday - less than a week for you. :cool1:

I for one, as much as I hate cleaning, I hate leaving Disney even more so at least coming home to a clean room makes it feel less......ew. My mom used to always make me clean before vacations and I never understood it. Now I am 18 and the idea of coming home to my room as much of a disaster as it is now makes my head hurt lol.

I'm hoping the snowflakes work...I don't know how do draw snowflakes but I am learning that today!

I've been obnoxiously bouncing around the house all day because it is less than a week!

I got excited so I thought I would share, I just finished my magic band! I have my AP one which is just fairly basic blue with sparkles, but since I got ones for this trip, I got red and got green for my mom. Since we are doing MVMCP I wanted to go with a Christmas theme.....but I can't paint to save my life.

Snowflakes and rhinestones to the rescue!

I also decided last minute to bling out Mickey!

10487169_890192700999151_7063415560949741795_n.jpg

20699_890192744332480_1593735874849576443_n.jpg

I am getting ready to do my moms green one the same way!

One of my closest girl friends is moving back home and I wanted to do something super special for her last month in D.C. (coincidentally it is also her birthday coming up), so I booked a trip for us two gals the day after her birthday. We are so excited!! I literally booked it last Friday, for dates 12/12 to 12/14. She's never done the Uni Studios/Islands of Adv. so unfortunately we won't be spending more than one day in the wonderful Disney parks, but we plan on going Saturday where the EMH extends until 3 a.m. :) We are planning to visit AK, Epcot and save MK for the end of the day- might be exhausting but not impossible!! So happy reading all of your posts and feeling very excited!!

Tomorrow I will be in single digits!! So excited. It is killing me waiting to tell girls. We are telling them next Wednesday after dinner with a video. That gives us Wed night and all day Thursday with them knowing to pack, take dog to kennel, get hair cuts, etc.

My little one begged me today to buy the Disneyland kinect XBOX game. She played it quite awhile ago (rented) and today she said she really wanted to play it since we haven't been to WDW in forever and we don't have a trip planned.

AGH!!! :lmao: :woohoo: Took everything to keep my mouth shut. :yay:

I got excited so I thought I would share, I just finished my magic band! I have my AP one which is just fairly basic blue with sparkles, but since I got ones for this trip, I got red and got green for my mom. Since we are doing MVMCP I wanted to go with a Christmas theme.....but I can't paint to save my life.

Snowflakes and rhinestones to the rescue!

I also decided last minute to bling out Mickey!

10487169_890192700999151_7063415560949741795_n.jpg

20699_890192744332480_1593735874849576443_n.jpg

I am getting ready to do my moms green one the same way!

This looks great! I also got red and green magic bands for our trip.:santa:

Sooo excited .... 6 days to go before we head out to the magical land for two wonderful weeks ... First time staying off Disney ... We are staying at the Vistana Resort which I'm really excited about... Heard so many wonderful things about it and this is my first time seeing fantasy land ... It was still under construction on our previous trip :)

Sooo excited .... 6 days to go before we head out to the magical land for two wonderful weeks ... First time staying off Disney ... We are staying at the Vistana Resort which I'm really excited about... Heard so many wonderful things about it and this is my first time seeing fantasy land ... It was still under construction on our previous trip :)

We have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana before. Great resort. Very large resort, and lots of different ages and looks of condos. If you get there and you don't like what you see, make sure you tell them. We were once put way way in the back. We drove through this beautiful, new, nice resort to pull up to these things that looked like the 70's. Thick shag carpet and a iron circular stair case... We went back and told them that wasn't going to work and they found us an upgraded unit (that was totally different, different style and much newer.) Not to scare you, it was a nice resort.

We have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana before. Great resort. Very large resort, and lots of different ages and looks of condos. If you get there and you don't like what you see, make sure you tell them. We were once put way way in the back. We drove through this beautiful, new, nice resort to pull up to these things that looked like the 70's. Thick shag carpet and a iron circular stair case... We went back and told them that wasn't going to work and they found us an upgraded unit (that was totally different, different style and much newer.) Not to scare you, it was a nice resort.

Every unit in the resort has been upgraded in the last few years. They are really nice looking and none of the units are dated. I'm guessing your stay was before the North side was renovated? I'm not sure when the renovations were done, but it was in the last few years.

micheypl, we leave Friday morning and this is also our first time offsite and we're staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort as well!:)
There's an extensive thread with all the info you would need over on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet!
I'm so excited for all the space!:goodvibes

Every unit in the resort has been upgraded in the last few years. They are really nice looking and none of the units are dated. I'm guessing your stay was before the North side was renovated? I'm not sure when the renovations were done, but it was in the last few years.

micheypl, we leave Friday morning and this is also our first time offsite and we're staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort as well!:)
There's an extensive thread with all the info you would need over on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet!
I'm so excited for all the space!:goodvibes

Good to know! We went in 2010. I've stayed in mainly condos on all our vacations - except cruises, lol. My in laws were owners at Orange Lake (they both have passed.) I've never stayed on site Disney until this trip. It's going to be hard to give up the space but excited to stay in the bubble for once - looks like we are reversing. LOL!

Good to know! We went in 2010. I've stayed in mainly condos on all our vacations - except cruises, lol. My in laws were owners at Orange Lake (they both have passed.) I've never stayed on site Disney until this trip. It's going to be hard to give up the space but excited to stay in the bubble for once - looks like we are reversing. LOL!

Isn't it funny? I would love to be onsite and have the space, but we just can't afford a two bedroom onsite. And with older kids we think we will relax a bit more offsite. But we did 9 onsite trips as a family of four in regular rooms and always had wonderful vacations. You will love onsite I am sure!:)

If anyone is still hoping for the elusive Mine Train fastpass they just opened up a huge bunch of them for the rest of December and January! I finally got one for our MVMCP night:)

If anyone is still hoping for the elusive Mine Train fastpass they just opened up a huge bunch of them for the rest of December and January! I finally got one for our MVMCP night:)

On Sat. one opened up for our full MK day. I got it and almost vried from triumph. And just now I was looking to switch one of our MVMCP day FP's to Peter Pan and saw there was one for Mine Train! Could not be happier to have one for each of our MK days. I for sure had pixie dust on my side!

Hope everyone else trying for some get's the ones for the time they want! pixiedust::cheer2:

What do you guys typically pack/wear for a Disney trip in December. Shorts? Pants? Long sleeves? Short sleeves? We leave in 3 days and i'm struggling with what to pack without overpacking! :)

What do you guys typically pack/wear for a Disney trip in December. Shorts? Pants? Long sleeves? Short sleeves? We leave in 3 days and i'm struggling with what to pack without overpacking! :)
We leave on Saturday. I am packing swimsuit, shorts and tees for Saturday and Sunday, capris and short sleeves for Monday, pants for late evening, jeans for MVMCP Tuesday, a light jacket, gloves (just in case), and I will have the medium weight jacket that I am wearing to the airport. It looks like, at least for the first few days, that mornings and evenings will be cool (but warmer than here!) while middays will be hot. Packing things that can be layered is a good idea, so you can adjust as you go.

I find it hard to pack this time of year. Weather forecasts can change and aren't often accurate more than two or three days out. So we could start out in the 80's but end up in the 40's mid trip lol. Winter in Florida is pack everything but the kitchen sink weather. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

We leave on Saturday. I am packing swimsuit, shorts and tees for Saturday and Sunday, capris and short sleeves for Monday, pants for late evening, jeans for MVMCP Tuesday, a light jacket, gloves (just in case), and I will have the medium weight jacket that I am wearing to the airport. It looks like, at least for the first few days, that mornings and evenings will be cool (but warmer than here!) while middays will be hot. Packing things that can be layered is a good idea, so you can adjust as you go.

I find it hard to pack this time of year. Weather forecasts can change and aren't often accurate more than two or three days out. So we could start out in the 80's but end up in the 40's mid trip lol. Winter in Florida is pack everything but the kitchen sink weather. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I completely agree. We leave Friday morning and I am packing right now and it's a little bit of everything. 4 or 5 warm day outfits (shorts and t-shirts) and at least 3 cold day outfits. Also bringing fall jackets, light gloves for everyone, and my scarf for MVMCP night. I used them last year and was glad we had them.
Layers are key. Even on the warm days we will have a hooded sweatshirt with us for the evenings.
It's looking so far like my trip will be warmer in the first half and we will be in long sleeves and pants for the last half. At very least we'll need warmer clothes in the evenings. Thank goodness I am staying somewhere with a washer and dryer this time or I'd be seriously over packing!

ETA) and this prompted me to check accuweather again for Orlando. Now the last half of our trip is predicted to be 5 degrees warmer every day than it said last night. Be ready for anything!

Layers, layers, layers, especially at night. In 2010 it actually dropped below freezing a couple of nights :sad2: One of them being the night we were on an Illuminations cruise. Boy that was cold. But I'd rather be cold in Disney than Dublin :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter