The Official DIS Oscars LIVE Watch Party Thread!!! TONITE!

That so doesn't look like a Christian Siriano dress. That was the best he could do??? Even with a second chance to change & fix it?

I agree. That did not look like one of his designs. I think it was the neck area that really ruined it and make it look more like a home ec project than a designer dress. His stuff is usually amazing.

I agree. That did not look like one of his designs. I think it was the neck area that really ruined it and make it look more like a home ec project than a designer dress. His stuff is usually amazing.
It was very unflattering. Odd situation with a sadly peculiar solution.

That and the skinny puffy shoulders. The top just looks like something from Sears from the 80s. And the bottom looks like ruffled curtains.

One of the only movies I've seen. It was very good and of course love the music!

I still suspect All Quiet may win Best Picture. The Academy likes to give the award to movies they think are "important." And war movies are always important to remind us of what we don't want to repeat. (And there is the Ukrainian war going on. :( )

And after last year's slap, and so many people asking if these award shows are even necessary, they may want want to give the award to a serious, important movie than a weird, wild one.

I still suspect All Quiet may win Best Picture. The Academy likes to give the award to movies they think are "important." And war movies are always important to remind us of what we don't want to repeat. (And there is the Ukrainian war going on. :( )

And after last year's slap, and so many people asking if these award shows are even necessary, they may want want to give the award to a serious, important movie than a weird, wild one.
I'm in two minds.

On the one hand, I completely agree with your assessment.

But on the other hand, EEAAO is culturally diverse, and it isn't that long ago that the academy voted for Parasite.

I wonder which way it will vote.

I'm in two minds.

On the one hand, I completely agree with your assessment.

But on the other hand, EEAAO is culturally diverse, and it isn't that long ago that the academy voted for Parasite.

I wonder which way it will vote.

Oh, yes, Parasite. Another weird, wacky movie. :thumbsup2

Oh, yes, parasite. Another weird, wacky movie. :thumbsup2

Weird, wacky and also a foreign film.

If I recall correctly, it won both International Best as well as Best movie.
I don't know if the academy is ready to award another movie in both categories again so soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter