The *Official* February 2011 Thread - Happy Dance Time...The Park Hours Are Out!

PrincessLilly

Mouseketeer
Welcome to the OFFICIAL February 2011 Thread!

Congratulations! Join in the discussion about park hours, parades and more with all of the other February 2011 trip planners on this thread! If you would like to be added to the "Whose Going When?" List, please post your trip dates and/or your hotel and I will add you to the list. While it is still early, I am very happy to see that I am not the only one planning this far in advance for our next trip to Walt Disney World.

Edit: Here are the links to the Walt Disney World website for the February 2011 park hours. You might have to select "February 2011" from the drop-down menu, but hopefully these links will work.
Animal Kingdom Park Hours
Epcot Park Hours
Hollywood Studios Park Hours
Magic Kingdom Park Hours

. Whose Going When List .

All-Star Music Resort
•. February 10 - 14 ~ Ron Nelson

Animal Kingdom Lodge
•. February 6 - 13th ~ HaleyB
•. February 9 - 13 ~ floridascgirl
•. February 13-18 ~ redkatrampant

Beach Club Resort
•. Feb 27 - March 6 ~ MDDisneyDevotee

Coronado Springs Resort
•. February 4 - 13 ~ kmarie99
•. February 19 - 26 ~ tinacaplan

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
•. February 6 - 12 ~ naturegirl

Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
•. February 2 - 5 ~ HaleyB

Orange Lake Resort
•. February 5 - 12 ~ hsmamainva

Pop Century
•. January 30 - February 5 ~ shopn24seven
•. February 2 - 9 ~ lilandvisma
•. February 5 - 12 ~ DisneyFirstTimer10
•. February 6 - 19 ~ pdxJolene

Polynesian Resort
•. February 5 - 12 ~ robeck

Port Orleans French Quarter
•. February 2 - 5 ~ RedOnion

Port Orleans Riverside
•. February 22 - March 1 ~ McFlea

No Hotel Posted
•. February 3 - 12 ~ dml
•. February 16 - 23 ~ NaplesRI
•. February 19 - 24 ~ ~Jen~
•. February 26 - March 8 ~ Maine-iac

Woo hoo!!!

I'm getting so excited!! Can't wait for August when the theme park hours are up and I can make my ADRs!

February 5-12 - Orange Lake Resort

:yay:

Excellent!
Congratulations on your upcoming trip!!
It's good to know that someone else is planning in advance just like me :goodvibes

Yahoo! Love this thread. Feb 22 - March 1 at POR for us :cool1:
Can't wait!

Count me in, PrincessLilly! I can hardly wait to book and then plan and then make adr'd and then...

Hey PrincessLilly. This is your mother. I can't wait to make February 2011 plans with you and Dad. xo

We're going :cool1: We'll be there to celebrate my Big 4-0 :scared1: We are staying at Bay Lake Towers --first time staying there, we've never stayed at the Contemporary either, so we're SUPER excited!!!!

We're going :cool1: We'll be there to celebrate my Big 4-0 :scared1: We are staying at Bay Lake Towers --first time staying there, we've never stayed at the Contemporary either, so we're SUPER excited!!!!

Congratulations!!
I loved having my birthday at WDW, it was so magical :goodvibes

jealous of this thread! we go every Feb. of even years, so 2011 will be our off year.
can't wait til Feb 2012! haha.
if anyone has any February questions feel free to ask me!

This will be our first time going in February. We are hoping to go in February 2011, but defiantly going in February 2012. We are going during the third week of February and heard that it is quite busy in the parks around this time. Generally, what is the weather like?

February is undeniably one of the coldest months of the year for Florida.
Almost every year we've done well with shorts and a t-shirt, with a sweatshirt or sweater of some sort for chilly mornings and evenings.
This year, however, we weren't able to wear shorts any day of our trip! :( we were confined to jeans/pants, with a heavy sweatshirt for mornings and nights. The key is: layers, layers, layers!
We only had to resort to this one night on our trip, but let me tell you, walking through EPCOT in a heavy winter coat is a weird experience! haha.
Since Feb. is the only time we've ever gone and we're from the northeast, the cold doesn't bother us much! Would you rather be chilly in WDW, or dripping with sweat in the August heat? :)

We're from the northeast, too - and definitely chilly in WDW beats dripping with sweat in the August heat! No matter what, it can't be as cold as MA in February, can it?
Besides, FL had it's unusual cold this year - it won't happen two years in a row :worship:

Hi! We are thinking about moving our trip up from May 2011 to first week of February 2011 and I would LOVE any and all advice you could give me!

Are there any competitions that take place during this time that would create larger crowds?

Besides last year's chilly February, are you able to swim at all?

I know the parks close early- as a result parades and fireworks are early.... I kind of like this because with two little ones we couldnt make it to see wishes since it wasnt held till 10pm and our kids were all ready in bed sleeping then. Do you mind the earlier park closing?

What do you do after the parks close at 8pm and you cant swim becasue its too chilly?

We're planning on Feb 16th-23rd.
No ressies yet, though we are looking for an offsite condo type place to stay- we love the extra space.
Very worried about the weather- will we be too cold?
This year was an unusual one for Florida, but what is "typical" WDW weather in Feb?
I saw a pp said layers... makes sense, though a pain to "carry" extra clothes.
Big question from grandson's perspective will be whether it is warm enough to take advantage of the pool. I am hoping it will be.

Very excited to see a Feb thread. Looking for all advice available!
thanks!

Are there any competitions that take place during this time that would create larger crowds?

I know the parks close early- as a result parades and fireworks are early.... I kind of like this because with two little ones we couldnt make it to see wishes since it wasnt held till 10pm and our kids were all ready in bed sleeping then. Do you mind the earlier park closing?

I did not know the parks close at 8pm in Feb. I love the idea of the fireworks being earlier- I think our dgs will be more rested if we get to bed earlier. Do they still have all the shows? Fireworks at MK and Epcot?
Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter