The *Official* February 2011 Thread - Happy Dance Time...The Park Hours Are Out!

Would have been back this year but ended up with a new baby instead :P

(Told hubby I was either having another baby or we were going back to disney in 2010.... guess my fertility decided for me on that one lol)

I've never been in Feb, but have heard crowds were low then? Colder weather doesn't bother me as I'm from northern MI and just about died last year while we were there in late June/early July!!!.

We are thinking about going down Feb 4-9ish with my friend, her hubby and baby who will be 1 in Feb & my DD#1 turns 9 on the 4th...depending on what type of packages are going to be available. Is it wise to book the room only ressie now? I would love to get a head start on this!!

What type of discounts are usually offered during feb?

Glad to join you all!!!

My DH and I will be there from Feb 3rd till the 12th. Can't wait to make ressie's! I've been planning this trip for a year and a half.:lmao:

Right now my family and are thinking of coming in early February! It will be my first visit tio Disney since the late 80s! LOL! I was 4 and don't remember anything...

We were originally thinking of later September, but once we found out It's A Small World (aka mom's favorite ride!!) was closed for upgrades we had to rethink!!

Nothing set in stone now... but fingers are crossed!

Laura

Hey Maine-iac! We are going the exact same dates!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! I haven't changed my ticker yet, but I moved my dates by a few days so that the park crowd levels would be less.

I'm excited to hear any and all February "dirt". I was literally dancing on a cloud when I went into the touring plans site last night and saw that many of the days that we'll be there, the crowd levels in the parks are at a "1"!!!:woohoo::woohoo: I can't even IMAGINE that!!! We were there in October in 2008, and the weather was perfect, the crowds were fine (most days were a "4" or "5"). So, even trying to get a handle on what a "1" level might look like is beyond me!?:confused3 So excited I could just die!

Anyway... we are celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. It's a surprise trip for him. Staying off-site in a timeshare (Windsor Palms) and spending most days at Disney, maybe 1-2 days at SeaWorld (my 6 year old LOVES aquariums).

I will post my tentative trip "plan" later tonight. Yes, I'm in full planning mode. Had every day thought out months ago! Obsessive... yep!

Would love to hear what everyone else is planning. Also very interested in another posters question about parades, fireworks in February.

OH SO EXCITED!!!!

Oh... Maine-iac... on the 27th, I'm planning to get the Illuminations private cruise (Epcot) and there will be 4-5 of us. We would have room for a few more if you're interested in splitting the expense and might possibly be in Epcot that evening :banana::banana:

Yay for the poster who started this thread!!!:worship:

My family and I: February 2-5 in WDW (POFQ), followed by February 6-10 on the new Disney Dream. Truly can't wait! As others have said: I've been planning for months already, and won't stop until I get there. ;)

A question for anyone who's visited during February before: at AK, which closes at 5 PM in February, any idea when the counter service restaurants stop serving food? Is dinner there practical, or should I plan to park hop elsewhere for dinner?

Thanks and :goodvibes to all my fellow February '11 folks!

Hey Maine-iac! We are going the exact same dates!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! I haven't changed my ticker yet, but I moved my dates by a few days so that the park crowd levels would be less.

I'm excited to hear any and all February "dirt". I was literally dancing on a cloud when I went into the touring plans site last night and saw that many of the days that we'll be there, the crowd levels in the parks are at a "1"!!!:woohoo::woohoo: I can't even IMAGINE that!!! We were there in October in 2008, and the weather was perfect, the crowds were fine (most days were a "4" or "5"). So, even trying to get a handle on what a "1" level might look like is beyond me!?:confused3 So excited I could just die!

Anyway... we are celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. It's a surprise trip for him. Staying off-site in a timeshare (Windsor Palms) and spending most days at Disney, maybe 1-2 days at SeaWorld (my 6 year old LOVES aquariums).

I will post my tentative trip "plan" later tonight. Yes, I'm in full planning mode. Had every day thought out months ago! Obsessive... yep!

Would love to hear what everyone else is planning. Also very interested in another posters question about parades, fireworks in February.

OH SO EXCITED!!!!

Oh... Maine-iac... on the 27th, I'm planning to get the Illuminations private cruise (Epcot) and there will be 4-5 of us. We would have room for a few more if you're interested in splitting the expense and might possibly be in Epcot that evening :banana::banana:

Yay for the poster who started this thread!!!:worship:

Thanks for the Illuminations cruise invite!!:thumbsup2 I will ask the guys. After the schedule comes out I will let you know. There will be 3 of us, DH, DS(21) and myself.

I found having park hoppers was must for us when we went during the same time this year. Spectro and Fantasmic were only scheduled two nights while we were there and we always use the morning EMHs. We actually did not get to Fantasmic this year so next year will be a must. I never miss Spectro. We also went to HS during ESPN Weekend to see certain things so we did some park hopping.

The weather started out cool but warmed up by the end of our trip. The warmest weather was while we were in Ft. Myers at the end of our trip. I personally do not like it any warmer than 75-80.

I have not made any WDW reservations yet because we are trying to pay off a loan. I have made a car reservation (but will constantly keep looking for a better deal) and a motel reservation in Ft Myers. They do not require any deposits. I will start my WDW stuff next month.

We are heading back to Disney Feb 19, 2011 and was curious as to when we will be able to make reservations. Anyone know this info????

It's my understanding that you can make dining reservations 180 days out from your date. So, basically August 19th for you, if you're going Feb. 19th. There might be a couple of days difference because of some months not being exactly 30 days. Does anyone else have more information on this?

I saw, on one of the boards, that if you have a Disney resort reservation, then you can make your ADR's 190 days out. Again, someone who is more knowledgeable might be able to give you better info.

I'm assuming that since we are staying off-site, I will have to call every morning during the 10 days in August and September when my 180 day window opens up. And, I will have to do it secretly since this is a surprise trip! :thumbsup2

We are heading back to Disney Feb 19, 2011 and was curious as to when we will be able to make reservations. Anyone know this info????

I understand that Disney is supposed to open up 2011 dates sometime in July, although I haven't heard a specific July date. I plan to start checking the web site on July 1 at 12:01 a.m. and hitting "Refresh" until the dates open. ;)

(Unless somebody else here can provide more specific information, that is!)

To otbnoz, Here is the Spectro and Fantasmic schedule for Sat Feb 27-Sat Mar 6, 2010. It will give you a general idea of what 2011 may be like. These are from the times guide that I brought home

Spectro:

Sat 27th-7pm
Mon 1st-7pm
Thurs 3rd-7pm
Sat 6th-7pm

Fantasmic:

Sun 28th-7pm and 8:30pm
Thurs 4th-7pm and 8:30pm

Ok so it's for sure now, we will be flying out sometime during the first week in Feb. as we want to be there for DD#1's Bday on 2/4 :)

Planning on staying at Movies or Pop...

I called and asked when we would be able to book packages for Feb and she said "around August"... Soon now :) She offered to allow me to book the room only but I wasn't totally sure on what resort yet.

What type of deals do they generally offer in early Feb? We've only gone during crazy busy times...

Ok so it's for sure now, we will be flying out sometime during the first week in Feb. as we want to be there for DD#1's Bday on 2/4 :)

Planning on staying at Movies or Pop...

I called and asked when we would be able to book packages for Feb and she said "around August"... Soon now :) She offered to allow me to book the room only but I wasn't totally sure on what resort yet.

What type of deals do they generally offer in early Feb? We've only gone during crazy busy times...

This year we went Feb 27-Mar 9 and used the stay 7 nights get 3 free deal.

Ok- we have decided to go from Feb 5-Feb 12th (celebrating my 30th bday on the 10th) and staying at POP unless there is an awesome deal released.

I too would love to hear about superbowl crowds....

My guy would rather be at Disney than watching the superbowl (I think lol) but he is a rare one ;)

We are considering POP, the kids want movies though :P

Oh and I finally found cheap airfare ! Yay! $144 roundtrip through Delta from Detroit to MCO. I wish I knew what the plans for FEB 2011 were for Disney so I could go ahead and book the flight....arrggghh

Just booked for Feb 2-9 for POP! :cool1:Hoping for the buy 4 get 3 deal this year again...or a decent room discount. My friend, her hubby and their DS is coming with us so we requested adjoining rooms :) Sooo excited!! ADRS very soon now!

They will be celebrating their sons #1 bday, we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and dd's #9 on the 4th of FEB :) DH wants to get the deluxe dining plan as well which should be interesting but exciting!!

Congratulations!
To all of those who are thinking of going in February 2011 or who are booking for a trip in February 2011

So I just realized that next month is August already! August is a big month I suppose for many! The park hours are released, the 2011 Room Rates are released, ADR's can be booked etc.

Happy planning!!

We will be there 19th until the 24th, not sure which resort yet, and then we leave on the Dream for 3 nights!!!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter