• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

WooHoo!!! The new SSR Senses Spa opened up for reservations this week! :yay:

DD and I now have our massages and spa treatments booked. Relaxation mid-trip, yay!!! Our tootsies will need the pampering! :cloud9:

Ssshhh....you can add us for a double surprise birthday trip for our kids....6 years and 1 week apart.

Arrive 10/18
Depart 10/26

CBR

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello fellow October Disney goers! I just joined DISboards this week and am happy to be a member! I'll be in WDW from October 19-27, staying at Caribbean Beach! The "celebration" is that it will be my boyfriend's first time! He's 31! Also, it will be out first real vacation together! We're both very excited!!!

Hello fellow October Disney goers! I just joined DISboards this week and am happy to be a member! I'll be in WDW from October 19-27, staying at Caribbean Beach! The "celebration" is that it will be my boyfriend's first time! He's 31! Also, it will be out first real vacation together! We're both very excited!!!

Welcome! We will also be at Disney Oct 19-23. We are staying at POR. :)

Hi! I'm new to this board.

I'll be at Disney October 17th through the 21st. We're staying at All-Star Movies. My husband and I will be meeting our daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter(4) and grandson(2) there. We scored the free dining plan starting the 18th and are very excited.

My husband and I took our three daughters to Disney four times while they were growing up. Now it's wonderful to see the magic through the eyes of our grandkids!

Hi! I'm new to this board.

I'll be at Disney October 17th through the 21st. We're staying at All-Star Movies. My husband and I will be meeting our daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter(4) and grandson(2) there. We scored the free dining plan starting the 18th and are very excited.

My husband and I took our three daughters to Disney four times while they were growing up. Now it's wonderful to see the magic through the eyes of our grandkids!

:welcome:

First WDW and first USA trip for me and my DD 14 and DS 8 :) Going to FrenchQuarter 18th Oct-1st Nov:cool1:

We have free QS dining and are busy getting all the tips we can from this fabulous site! Too excited for Oct 2013!! :cheer2:

Our trips will overlap. I'll be at POFQ from 10/20 through 10/27.

For all of you October travelers, Peter Pan's Flight in the Magic Kingdom will be
closed from September 28 through October 31, reopening on 11/1/2013

We are going Oct 19th thru the 28th staing at All Star Music and it will be our familys 1st WDW trip. My DD 14th Birthday And my DH and I Vow renewal anniversary!!

Hi All!

I've been freaking out :scared: a little bit about that fact that there are 3 of us going.

The reason why: My girls will only be 5 and 6 years old, I am NOT ok with splitting up or letting them ride alone. They are too young. They also indicate that they would be interested in some of the "larger" rides, but I think that is because they think I will be RIGHT THERE with them.

Do most rides accommodate a group of 3 sitting together? I know most of the roller coasters don't, but we were probably going to skip those anyways. We do want to try Space Mountain (which I know is one rider behind another) and Splash Mountain.

My girls are small and I know the three of us could easily fit on a bench seat, I'm just wondering if there are any other rides that are per seat, instead of bench. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Hi All!

I've been freaking out :scared: a little bit about that fact that there are 3 of us going.

The reason why: My girls will only be 5 and 6 years old, I am NOT ok with splitting up or letting them ride alone. They are too young. They also indicate that they would be interested in some of the "larger" rides, but I think that is because they think I will be RIGHT THERE with them.

Do most rides accommodate a group of 3 sitting together? I know most of the roller coasters don't, but we were probably going to skip those anyways. We do want to try Space Mountain (which I know is one rider behind another) and Splash Mountain.

My girls are small and I know the three of us could easily fit on a bench seat, I'm just wondering if there are any other rides that are per seat, instead of bench. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

We have three kids who all want to sit next to a parent, so I know exactly what you mean! We were pleased that most non-roller coaster rides could handle two kids and an adult (helps that our kids are narrow).

There is a nice article here that gives great info about each ride that would answer your questions... http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/05/23/avoiding-the-odd-man-out-at-walt-disney-world-2/

Hi All!

Thanks!

Also, even though that link states that Astro Orbiter only sits 2, I've gone on it many times with myself and two small kids (but at DisneyLAND). Perhaps someone else could verify if DW allows this too.

The hardest one for us is Spaceship Earth. It's a slow ride, but young kids have a hard time making the computer stuff work (and being tall enough to register a photo). It is a family favorite of ours though, so we just ended up riding it back-to-back a few times, rotating kids with adults and letting one kid just ride without really participating in the screen stuff each time.

Peter Pan's Flight is supposedly being closed for rehab Oct. 6 and will reopen on Nov. 1...this makes me a smidge sad :(

Our couples only trip will be October 1~8th, 2013. :woohoo::woohoo: I just am not sure how we will do this without Kids or Grandkids:rolleyes1. But we will give it our best to have a really good time!!:banana::banana:

Got back from our summer beach vacation last week and now have time to do MORE disney planning! Last night after looking and looking and looking at our ADRs and NOT being 100% about them, I added the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue to our MK day (canceling our CP lunch reservations - no one is really into Pooh anyway and I was struggling with that one!). Anyway, we've never been to WDW but something about the reviews for this dinner show sound so fun. So this is what we have right now:

Oct 14th (Mon) arrival day - get to AK about 10 or 11. stay until parade and then head to POR to check in/unpack. Dinner at 'Ohana at 8:30. Maybe see fireworks from Hallowishes at 9:30 from restaurant.

Oct 15th (Tue) DHS - 8:15 breakfast at H&V, 2:30 lunch at Sci-Fi. Break at resort and may or may not head back for Fantasmic that night.

Oct 16th (Wed) MK - probably do an early CS lunch and then 4pm HDDR and then go back to MK for parades/fireworks.

Oct 17th (Thu) Epcot - snacks around the world with F&W and dinner at Via Napoli at 7:30 before Illuminations.

Oct 18th (Fri) last full day - I've left it pretty open. We will have park tickets but the kids want to do a water park. We will probably do water park from about 10-2/3pm and then go back to POR to pack up and get ready to leave the next day. Dinner reservations at House of Blues for 7:30 and souvenir shopping at DTD.

Oct 19th (Sat) departure day - We will most likely hit EMH at AK and ride a few things because we have 10:15 reservations at Tusker House. Thought about changing them, but I really want to keep them. I want to leave on a Mickey note!

I am SO excited!!! The only thing now is that we do have 6 day park tickets and one day we probably won't need them, but I don't want to change it in case it rains or is too cool for a waterpark on Friday. We would need something to do. Also the halloween party is an option for Friday night that I've considered..............not sure that it is something that we need to push to do this time though. My kids are 12, 9 and 5 though and the 5yo is a Halloween fanatic!

My birthday is next week and hubby is planning to take me to WDW in October as a present! We'll be going to MNSSHP and EF&WF. Ahhh ...an alone trip without the kids! :hyper: Only 2 nights but I'll take it! Oct 6th & 7th. Not sure on the resort yet.. BW or BLT. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter