*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Well I drive to the airport in about 6.5 hours. I have a 7 AM flight that is scheduled to land around 9 AM and then it is off to AKL!!

Can’t believe it is finally here. I should take a nap but fat chance there lol
I've found that even if I "close my eyes" for 45 minutes, I feel better.

Set an alarm in case you fall asleep.

Six days to go for me! Would've posted yesterday at my one-week mark, but was in the land of crappy cell service all day (my grandparents have a cabin on the TN river, which is nice except for the part where it's out in the middle of nowhere with no good options for wired internet and practically no cell service).
Two days to go for me and I live on the TN River!! Small world!!

Well I drive to the airport in about 6.5 hours. I have a 7 AM flight that is scheduled to land around 9 AM and then it is off to AKL!!

Can’t believe it is finally here. I should take a nap but fat chance there lol
Have a great time! We arrive on Thursday morning, Driving Wednesday night. Don't forget to look for us, I think we both have HS on Sat 15th? As Mickey says: See ya real soon!

Last edited:
With only 74 hours till we hit the road, I think (and hope) our plans are done. I keep changing and adding things! Enough is enough right? Trying to see who else shares our days!
9/6 HS
9/7 MK day - night Head to DS for ADR Paddlefish
9/8 AK - Rivers of Light vip viewing
9/9 EP day - night head to DS for ADR Raglan Road (never been, so excited!)
9/10 HS - Hoop Dee Doo (never been)
9/11 MK - MNSSHP
9/12 AK - hop to MK HEA vip viewing
9/13 EP - IllumiNations vip viewing
9/14 MK - Pixar Play Place for the kids / Date night at California Grill
9/15 HS - Fantasmic vip viewing

We purchased the CL FP+ on every day except our Epcot days and set up each day so we can make one complete round and hit everything without criss crossing the parks. My 7 year old will be walking for the first time so we plan on taking it slow and easy. Got all the ADR's we wanted so this should be about as stress free as it can be. Just 2 more work days and we are on our way!

Last edited:
With only 74 hours till we hit the road, I think (and hope) our plans are done. I keep changing and adding things! Enough is enough right? Trying to see who else shares our days!
9/6 HS
9/11 MK - MNSSHP

We purchased the CL FP+ on every day except our Epcot days and set up each day so we can make one complete round and hit everything without criss crossing the parks. My 7 year old will be walking for the first time so we plan on taking it slow and easy. Got all the ADR's we wanted so this should be about as stress free as it can be. Just 2 more work days and we are on our way!

Have a magical trip! We’re here till the 12th but don’t have any of the same park days as you. Let me know how Raglan Road is! My husband has been wanting to try it but we’re never in Disney Springs long enough! Also, please report back on Pixar Play place! Since we booked Contemporary for next year, I am wanting to do this for our kids so we can have a date night! :)

9/6 HS
9/11 MK - MNSSHP

We’re at MK on the 7th too! Hoping for low party-day crowds!

We’re at Raglan on the evening of the 8th—you’ll love it there! Amazing food and vibe!

I'm extremely afraid of getting sick at Disney especially flu!!! :( I was hospitalized with that a few years ago. Getting cold feet already with the stories I'm hearing.

I carry antibacterial wipes with me and also try not to touch handrails, etc. I always use the wipes before eating. Also, try not to touch your eyes, nose, mouth. I haven't seen anyone here who looks like they're a walking germ, so hopefully will be okay! I've gotten sick on a trip before and it is NO FUN!

Well, my bed is like a cloud and I hadn't slept well in the week leading up to my trip... so I just woke up and was shocked to see it was already 10am! Debating not going into a park until 4pm for the Halloween Party. Felt so good to sleep in... and also I didn't get back from the AK until almost midnight! Watched the tree of life nighttime show with frozen margarita in hand from this little seating area at the back side (on path to Asia) then did the nighttime safari which was great and rode Flight of Passage which was awesome! Wait time was listed as 90 minutes but it was only 40! Took photos of Pandora at night with barely any people around. A really great evening!

Safe travels to everyone coming here soon!

9/6 HS
9/11 MK - MNSSHP

DH and I will be at HS on 9/15 too :) I'll have on a pair of Buzz and Woody Toy Story ears, and we're both tall. If you see us say hi!

10 days to go for me!! I went to the store yesterday to get all of our toiletries and other random items we'll need for our trip. I've been collecting things as we go, but still managed to spend $150...not sure how that happened! I'm waiting for 3 more shirts from Etsy to show up, and I'll have all of our clothes ready to go.
DH wanted to start packing today, but it's sunny and 90 out, so I convinced him to go to his sister's house to hang out with my nieces and swim in their pool.

10 days to go for me!! I went to the store yesterday to get all of our toiletries and other random items we'll need for our trip. I've been collecting things as we go, but still managed to spend $150...not sure how that happened! I'm waiting for 3 more shirts from Etsy to show up, and I'll have all of our clothes ready to go.
DH wanted to start packing today, but it's sunny and 90 out, so I convinced him to go to his sister's house to hang out with my nieces and swim in their pool.

Oh I wish I could see sun.., flash flood warning here in Houston:sad:!

I was afraid I was going to get sick because I rode EE in a downpour. it wasnt raining when I queued but it rained when I finally rode it. Fortunately I seem to be fine. Getting the princesses to record greetings for my kids. fun ^^

Yep. I can tell we are about to start our Disney Vacation! Last year 3 days before we left I broke my 4th toe and had to limp around for our whole stay. Now today, just about 30 minutes ago my girls wanted to swim in their small blow up pool so I drug it out and got the reel hose (just washed the car for the trip) and brought it back around to the back yard. As I was hooking up the hose, I had my leg next to a small table where we sit and I got attacked by wasp! I didn't see the huge nest under the table which is now smashed along with all the dead wasp that I took my revenge on. So now I'm sitting with a cold pack on the back of my left leg trying to get the swelling to go down from all 4 stings. I really need this vacation. SMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter