*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Well, the travel insomnia has officially taken hold of me. Tomorrow we are 10 days from Disney and 5 days from Florida; visiting family beforehand.

I’m going over some details and I need advice. My plan was to hit HS from open to close (insane with my will be 4yo I know) so I’m thinking we may Minnie Van in and out. I’ve been seeing posts about the walls up at HS and the walk from the bus being kinda rough, so I wanna avoid that, but is the van drop off actually closer? Anyone know? Thanks!

Well, today has been horrible. I don't know if some you remember a couple of months back, my "first born" dog Peanut passed away from cancer. We were devastated, but it helped knowing we had this trip to look forward to. And we still had our second dog Odie.
Unfortunately early this morning we had to have Odie put to sleep too. :sad::sad:
We found out on Friday that he had advanced kidney disease and an enlarged heart, and that the vet could treat neither. So, she sent us on our way and told us to enjoy the time we had left. Last night my boy was coughing all night and couldn't really catch his breath. I put my hand on his chest this morning and could hear the fluid rattling around in his lungs. DH and I knew it was time. He was shaking because he was having such a hard time breathing, and we were worried he wouldn't make it through the day.
Odie went very quickly and peacefully at the emergency vet (which is where his sister Peanut died.) We are devastated. We realized when we got home that we have never been in our house without one of those dogs in it. It just feels so....empty. :(
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow, when DH goes back to work, and I will be alone here for the first time.
DH and I both agree that the only good thing about this is that now we don't have to worry that Odie will pass while we're at Disney and that his mom (who is our dog sitter) would have to deal with it. And we'd be nervous the whole time wondering how he's doing and all of that.
I did realize a little bit ago, that this is also the first time we'll be on vacation and no one will be at our house. I assume my MIL won't come to our house now since she doesn't have to dog sit. Guess I'll have to arrange to stop our mail and talk to our next door neighbor to let him know so he can keep an eye on the house.

I'm hoping to resume my normal Disney excitement tomorrow. Today I'm absolutely exhausted and emotional. I really think it's going to help me take my mind off losing Odie.
So sorry to hear about your babies. People who don't have animals or aren't animal people just don't understand...they're family. :sad2:

27 days till I get on that plane!!

I still have ways to go but I've eliminated 55 pounds so far bringing my weight down to 165! That hefty girl from my avatar is no more and I look forward to taking lots and lots of new pictures with a whole new wardrobe! It's kind scary to finally being able to fit into a size 10/8 anything or to try a large t-shirt and swim around inside it, but it's also awesome!

I had to have all my MNSSHP costumes altered since I bought them XL and I hope they look ok when I get them back tomorrow.

Anyone else going to the TSL Passholder event on September 27th?

27 days till I get on that plane!!

I still have ways to go but I've eliminated 55 pounds so far bringing my weight down to 165! That hefty girl from my avatar is no more and I look forward to taking lots and lots of new pictures with a whole new wardrobe! It's kind scary to finally being able to fit into a size 10/8 anything or to try a large t-shirt and swim around inside it, but it's also awesome!

I had to have all my MNSSHP costumes altered since I bought them XL and I hope they look ok when I get them back tomorrow.

Anyone else going to the TSL Passholder event on September 27th?
Congrats on your weight loss...it's a great feeling, isn't it? All of your MNSSHP costumes? How many times are you going? ;)
I will have to look up what TSL is, but we're going on the 25th.
23 days until we drive down and visit with family. 25 until we check in!

Congrats on your weight loss...it's a great feeling, isn't it? All of your MNSSHP costumes? How many times are you going? ;)
I will have to look up what TSL is, but we're going on the 25th.
23 days until we drive down and visit with family. 25 until we check in!
People who haven’t seen me in a while are shocked when they do but for me the best feeling it’s not feeling sorry for myself when I look in the mirror and actually like in my own image, that’s a personal victory for me.

Just two costumes, but I’m having to adjust pretty much all my clothes since I’m a bit of a shopaholic and I had some outfits picked for a while, manly a few dresses and jumpers! I’m one of those crazies who wear dresses to the parks, I can’t help it, I always feel so much better in a dress or a cute mid skirt.

Me and my anachronisms, I have to stop with those! TSL is Toy Story Land, sorry about that.

We’ll be around the same time, I arrive on the 26th VERY early, like 6am early! We have breakfast at Bon Voyage (where I hope I don’t drool on the princes and I’ll know it won’t be because they are handsome) and our first stop at Epcot! I really want that cheese board they will give out to passholders who attend Food and Wine 4 times!

Last edited:

People who haven’t seen me in a while are shocked when they do but for me the best feeling it’s not feeling sorry for myself when I look in the mirror and actually like in my own image, that’s a personal victory for me.

Just two costumes, but I’m having to adjust pretty much all my clothes since I’m a bit of a shopaholic and I had some outfits picked for a while, manly a few dresses and jumpers! I’m one of those crazies who wear dresses to the parks, I can’t help it, I always feel so much better in a dress or a cute mid skirt.

Me and my anachronisms, I have to stop with those! TSL is Toy Story Land, sorry about that.

We’ll be around the same time, I arrive on the 26th VERY early, like 6am early! We have breakfast at Bon Voyage (where I hope I don’t drool on the princes and I’ll know it won’t be because they are handsome) and our first stop at Epcot! I really want that cheese board they will give out to passholders who attend Food and Wine 4 times!

Your use of acronyms is fine, I was just seeing in my head "TSL passholder" as in "AP passholder" and I was thinking TSL was a pass like AP. This must be the event specifically for AP I never received any notification/information about. I just talked to customer service yesterday because I've gotten none of this information, so too late. :sad2:

I've kept a lot of my old clothes just for the reason of reminding myself I can't allow myself to get back to that weight. I guess the second reason is so I can brag about where it used to be. ;) I buy XL now instead of 3X and could easily do L, but I like them looser. Part is just comfort, but part is since I'm not "thin" yet, I don't want them tighter and showing off what's still left to lose.

Dressing up has never been my thing, so debatable if we'll do costumes or not. I'm leaning towards not, but who knows what DW or DD will come up with.

Well, today has been horrible. I don't know if some you remember a couple of months back, my "first born" dog Peanut passed away from cancer. We were devastated, but it helped knowing we had this trip to look forward to. And we still had our second dog Odie.
Unfortunately early this morning we had to have Odie put to sleep too. :sad::sad:
We found out on Friday that he had advanced kidney disease and an enlarged heart, and that the vet could treat neither. So, she sent us on our way and told us to enjoy the time we had left. Last night my boy was coughing all night and couldn't really catch his breath. I put my hand on his chest this morning and could hear the fluid rattling around in his lungs. DH and I knew it was time. He was shaking because he was having such a hard time breathing, and we were worried he wouldn't make it through the day.
Odie went very quickly and peacefully at the emergency vet (which is where his sister Peanut died.) We are devastated. We realized when we got home that we have never been in our house without one of those dogs in it. It just feels so....empty. :(
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow, when DH goes back to work, and I will be alone here for the first time.
DH and I both agree that the only good thing about this is that now we don't have to worry that Odie will pass while we're at Disney and that his mom (who is our dog sitter) would have to deal with it. And we'd be nervous the whole time wondering how he's doing and all of that.
I did realize a little bit ago, that this is also the first time we'll be on vacation and no one will be at our house. I assume my MIL won't come to our house now since she doesn't have to dog sit. Guess I'll have to arrange to stop our mail and talk to our next door neighbor to let him know so he can keep an eye on the house.

I'm hoping to resume my normal Disney excitement tomorrow. Today I'm absolutely exhausted and emotional. I really think it's going to help me take my mind off losing Odie.
I'm so very sorry. Losing a pet is never easy. I hope you have a fabulous time at Disney to help ease the pain.

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your pups @areno79 :sad:

@areno79 That is awful. I am so sorry for your loss! Losing a pet is excruciating. I'll be thinking of you and your DH :hug:

So sorry. I'm still not over putting my cat to sleep almost 4 years ago. It was so strange to be in the house without him.

*hugs*

So very sorry. It is an agonizing pain.

I'm so very sorry to hear about Odie @areno79 . :sad:

So sorry for your loss. I lost one of mine just before a trip to Disney about 11 years ago. Longest quietest 3 weeks of my life. I got a new puppy (the guy on the right in my avatar pic) when I got back

So sorry to hear about your babies. People who don't have animals or aren't animal people just don't understand...they're family. :sad2:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :grouphug:

I know it will get better, it's just a huge adjustment, in even the smallest ways. It will take some getting used to, especially to our routine. Anyway, I'm sorry for bringing the mood down in here. It makes me smile to see everyone so excited for their trips. It's hard to believe it was so many months ago it seemed like September would never get here and now it's just a couple of days away!

As far as the hurricane stuff, DH and I have never been during September. We did purchase travel insurance, *just* in case, but the only thing I'm worried about is them grounding flights. I can deal with rain (but prefer sun!) I work virtually, so as much as I don't want to, I might bring my work laptop with me to Disney just in case we get storms and we get stuck in Orlando or something...then I can still work and won't have to take more vacation time. Like someone else said, hurricanes typically impact the coasts more than Orlando though.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :grouphug:

So sorry for your dual losses! It's awful to lose a pet, especially when you have to make the decision to put them down. I've come back to this little poem several times when friends lose animals because it helped me a lot when I lost my Jodie that I'd had since I was in 5th grade. She died after I graduated from college! The dog in the pic kind of looks like her, too. I know it's raw now, but I love the idea that your pet would want you to help another dog that will bring joy into your life and house again.
rescue-pledge-poem-unknown-2-1.png

So sorry for your dual losses! It's awful to lose a pet, especially when you have to make the decision to put them down. I've come back to this little poem several times when friends lose animals because it helped me a lot when I lost my Jodie that I'd had since I was in 5th grade. She died after I graduated from college! The dog in the pic kind of looks like her, too. I know it's raw now, but I love the idea that your pet would want you to help another dog that will bring joy into your life and house again.
rescue-pledge-poem-unknown-2-1.png
That is beautiful, and so very very true. DH and I are huge animal lovers, and will have a dog again some day. I just don't know when.

For those arriving 9/1-9/3, if you have Magic Kingdom planned for any of those days and find yourself in Adventureland could you let me know if the egg roll cart/wagon (Outside Swiss Family Treehouse) is there and still serving the cheeseburger spring rolls please?

Also has the rose-gold ears craze calmed down? Hoping to get a pair this year.

For those arriving 9/1-9/3, if you have Magic Kingdom planned for any of those days and find yourself in Adventureland could you let me know if the egg roll cart/wagon (Outside Swiss Family Treehouse) is there and still serving the cheeseburger spring rolls please?

Cheeseburger egg rolls should be there. There were some vlogs about them not long ago. I will check on Saturday AND Sunday :D

From what I have seen on YouTube there are plenty of ears now.

Our first day is 8/31 so I can check for you! I think it has died down a bit.

I'm a little concerned about the weather next week. Tuesday looks like it may rain all day. :( I will definitely be packing some rain ponchos!

I'm a little concerned about the weather next week. Tuesday looks like it may rain all day. :( I will definitely be packing some rain ponchos!

Way too early to tell. I use Dark Sky and don't see that.

There will definitely be rain next week, but no one can say how much or how long yet.

Way too early to tell. I use Dark Sky and don't see that.

There will definitely be rain next week, but no one can say how much or how long yet.

It's been steadily increasing in the forecast on weather underground. We shall see! I'm not one to enjoy walking around in the rain all day wearing a sticky poncho, so I'll be coming up with an alternate plan - most likely hanging out at the AKL a bit instead of AK like I had planned for Tuesday. Hopefully I won't have to go to this plan B!

This will be my first trip to WDW in September - we typically would avoid this time of year due to the risk of tropical activity but since we're doing this specifically for our anniversary on September 16th, not much choice this time around!

We need to do a run to the dollar store and pick up more than a few of those cheap dollar ponchos. Lugging around soaking wet ones just isn't fun!

I'm from Florida, the weather can change in a few seconds. One good coastal wind and rain could roll in, or out, very quickly. I like the app Wunderground and they do show rain in the 10 day forecast, but that's just summer in Florida. Don't worry too much. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter