The Official Spring 2007 CP

My DD got her assignment...she'll be at Once Upon a Toy at DTD, so if you see a cute, 5'2" girl named Megan, make sure to say hello!

Hey everyone!

I'm so excited...cause I only have a week left! I know there are some other Jan. 15th-ers here....hope to see you! :cool1:

And to everyone....after you get your role, don't forget to come back on here and let us know what you're doing! Maybe we can all meet up sometime! :goodvibes

I hope that everyone who is there already is having a great time! :banana:

I got my role a couple days ago - I'm working Merchandising in Epcot - Future World West (Living Seas and Image Works)!

To everyone who hasnt come yet: Don't worry about anything - its all explained, its easy! I promise!

I work at Futureworld North Merchandise, which is Gateway, Camera Center, Strollers, Giftstop, and Leave a Legacy. As part of my training, I have to learn to ride a segway! I'm so excited!
I live in Chatham, by the way. I love it here!

Well I found out my job yesterday and I going to be working at the turnstiles at blizzard beach. I know I should be excited to be working at WDW but I'm actually really bummed out about my role. I was hoping for something a little better, seeing as how I got operations. I know the college program doesn't take into consideration what your major is in college, but I think they should. I haven't started working yet but I'm already not looking foward to it. It's going to be the same thing over and over, and yes I'll get asked questions, but to what extent? "Is the water cold? How late are you open? Where is the nearest bathroom? How tall is Mount Gushmore? Where are the buses? Does the monorail come over here?" And what kills me the most is that people who are simply doing the program to take the semester off and party have a better job than I do! Errrr....... I know I can request a transfer, but I was told that it wasn't likely to happen, meaning I'm going to be at the turnstiles at BB for six months.

Please don't be disappointed. I know it is not the best job in the whole world but doesn't blizzard beach close early at like 5? So it might be very boring but at least you won't be working till midnight every night. Just try to take some positives out of your job and focus on them. It could be worse, you could be a PARKING attendant lol.

This is why I refuse to select Operations because their is that small chance that you could get something like parking.

People who work at the water parks get in for free, unlike the CP's that work anywhere else. The water parks do close early, so your days won't be quite as rough as those who are at work until 1am (and you'll have time after work to go make fun of everyone who is still working!)

Hang in there and stick with it! :goodvibes After five months in what was my absolute last choice for attractions (Dumbo), I got to move to the Jungle Cruise! It took a whole lot of patience, hard work and a spotless record, but I'm so happy now.. and I know exactly how it feels watching people who hate their roles or just take them for granted do what you know you'd love to be doing, but keep your chin up, because it'll work out. I still didn't get my top choice when I extended (Mansion) and I actually think it's kind of lame that the mere four spots they had available there went to brand new CPs rather than those who had already put in their time and were requesting it back in October (ahem), but hey, can't win 'em all and at least I'm in the Adventureland/Liberty Square area for when I do go full time, so I can always look forward to crosstraining!

Hang in there and stick with it! :goodvibes After five months in what was my absolute last choice for attractions (Dumbo), I got to move to the Jungle Cruise! It took a whole lot of patience, hard work and a spotless record, but I'm so happy now.. and I know exactly how it feels watching people who hate their roles or just take them for granted do what you know you'd love to be doing, but keep your chin up, because it'll work out. I still didn't get my top choice when I extended (Mansion) and I actually think it's kind of lame that the mere four spots they had available there went to brand new CPs rather than those who had already put in their time and were requesting it back in October (ahem), but hey, can't win 'em all and at least I'm in the Adventureland/Liberty Square area for when I do go full time, so I can always look forward to crosstraining!

Thanks for the support :thumbsup2 When you got moved over to jungle cruise did you have to ask for the transfer or did they just move you? JC would be my ultimate choice, followed next by HM, then ToT. If you had to request a transfer, did you request month after month? Also, did they only move you because you put in for the extension?

Yeah, they only moved me because I extended my program in January. I was put in the area of my choice because I called a lot of people "in charge" to inquire about extensions in general and to express my interest in working that particular location. So when they received my extension form, they already knew me and knew how much I wanted to be moved to the area. When you put in for the extension, (it's done online) there's a spot left for you to request a particular location.. but here's the trick, it's not guaranteed, just like when you signed on in your initial program. You can still end up anywhere.

I found out in December that I got my area of choice by looking at my future schedules online. About two weeks later, I discovered that my complex in the area was actually going to be ATT (Tiki Room/Magic Carpets.. just like Dumbo). I was SO disappointed! When my old managers heard the news, they did everything they could to get me where I wanted to be. Mansion's hard to get as it is, but they knew I loved Jungle too, so that's where I ended up! I couldn't thank my old managers enough.. they're the best. :thumbsup2 Oh, one more words of advice; they definitely don't do that kind of stuff for people who goof off, never show up for work and accumulate reprimands on their record cards, so be careful!

Megara, you worked Dumbo? I know the Fantasyland ops cordinators very well. In fact, one is my pin trading buddy.:)

Hehe yep! ^_^ I still pick up hours over there, too. Who's your pin trading buddy?

Ok, I am totally going to butcher his name, but it's something like Darryl (don't tell him if you know him!).

hey everyone. Well since everyone else is posting where they work I will. I work at Kilimanjaro safari. Come visit me sometime!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter