The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

joepic

M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEEE
Yes, it's early. It's very early. In fact, there's 314 days left until we can apply!

But this thread is for all the hopefuls who plan to apply for the Spring or Spring Advantage 2010 program, myself included. Maybe we can pass the time by chatting about our future plans for it! :thumbsup2

So who is planning to apply for the Spring 2010 program? If anyone, please post here! :goodvibes

I am planning on applying for the Spring 2010 CP! I am really excited, I've been waiting a while for this! What roles are everyone hoping to get?

I'm planning to apply for:

Hospitality
Transportation
Recreation
Maybe Merchandise.

I know those roles are selective, but hopefully I'll be well qualified.

Cool! Those roles seem like they would be fun, I hope you are able to get one of them.

I myself really want to be a Character Attendant, but if not, then my other choices will be Attractions and Merchandise.

Character Attendant is something I definitely want to try. Maybe in a later program though, I don't know.

I also may be interested in Lifeguarding.

I would rather have roles with early hours, that way I have the rest of the day to relax. I'm definitely more of a morning person.

Character Attendant is something I definitely want to try. Maybe in a later program though, I don't know.

I also may be interested in Lifeguarding.

I would rather have roles with early hours, that way I have the rest of the day to relax. I'm definitely more of a morning person.

Well, you definitely get that with character attendant. 95% of the time I had morning shifts.

wow, awesome!

I just don't know if being a CA would be hard work. Was it hard work for you?
I like the idea of being in different parks, but would you only be in the parks?

wow, awesome!

I just don't know if being a CA would be hard work. Was it hard work for you?
I like the idea of being in different parks, but would you only be in the parks?

To tell you the truth, it really isn't that hard. I love being with the characters. I have so much fun watching people meet their favorite characters.

And I love getting to work in all 4 parks. I love the variation. So far I have worked in all 4 parks, plus one resort (Fort Wilderness).

awesome! That sounds great. I think I'll add Character Attendant to my list. Which do you think I should take off?

I'd really like:

Hospitality
Transportation
Character Attendant

That seems very competitive though. If I apply early, what do you think my chances are of getting either three are?

If that seems out of reach, I think I'll knock transportation off and replace it with merchandise, and move it to the end of the list.

Hmmmm, what do you think?

awesome! That sounds great. I think I'll add Character Attendant to my list. Which do you think I should take off?

I'd really like:

Hospitality
Transportation
Character Attendant

That seems very competitive though. If I apply early, what do you think my chances are of getting either three are?

If that seems out of reach, I think I'll knock transportation off and replace it with merchandise, and move it to the end of the list.

Hmmmm, what do you think?

I would keep all 3 (in fact, I would even add merchandise to the list). My recruiter says it's better to have more roles on your list.

And the earlier you apply, the better the chances to get one of your top roles.

Good Idea! thanks Joanna!

I'd really like any of those roles. I've been working at McDonalds for almost two and a half years and really just want to try something different. I know I'd do exceptionally well in QSFB.

I won't be applying until September... well, as soon as Spring applications open up.

I can't wait!

Any other recommendations?

Good Idea! thanks Joanna!

I'd really like any of those roles. I've been working at McDonalds for almost two and a half years and really just want to try something different. I know I'd do exceptionally well in QSFB.

I won't be applying until September... well, as soon as Spring applications open up.

I can't wait!

Any other recommendations?

It would be up to you (whichever roles interest you). For me, I will be picking character attendant, attractions, and Photopass as my choices (and am considering adding FSFB and costuming). Character attendant because I have done it before (and wouldn't need to be retrained), attractions because I think it would be fun (and would love to work at Studios, or JC), Photopass because I love photography, and would love to do the other side of entertainment.

Wow that sounds good!
I'm just getting a little bit worried, because it seems like more people are not being accepted, and it's taking a long time for acceptance letters to come...

Hopefully I'll get in when I apply in September... it's all I've been thinking about for two years now!

Wow that sounds good!
I'm just getting a little bit worried, because it seems like more people are not being accepted, and it's taking a long time for acceptance letters to come...

Hopefully I'll get in when I apply in September... it's all I've been thinking about for two years now!

Well, the earlier you apply the better your chances.:)

When did the Spring applications open up this year?

I believe it was late August, or am I wrong?

Oh yay! Lol. :goodvibes I'm glad I found this. I didn't think so many others would also be planning to go at the same time.

Anyone plan on doing the Spring Advantage? If so what roles do you hope to play?

Yes, I'm planning to apply for Spring Advantage. I will apply for

Hospitality
Transportation
Recreation
Full Service Food & Beverage
Merchandise
Maybe Attractions

You?

Hospitality
Photographer
Attractions
Food Service
and maybe Vacation Planning.

=)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter