• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Did anyone get an email from Docusign? Husband just got one. I guess there was a question left off the Orange County Preliminary Change of Ownership form. It was asking about disabled vets.
Yes, I got the same request. Similar situation, where only I had to sign, not wife. Question about disabled vets had not been answered.

So excited to be a new DVC owner! I have learned so much from Disboards. It really made the buying and booking process so easy. We have our Welcome Home visit booked for Oct 9-13 and got our OBB tickets. I grew up in Garden Grove and still have family in the area. Looking forward to making this an annual trip and building more Disneyland memories with my kids

Is there anywhere where non owners can see availability at this resort? It would be nice to know what’s already booked heading into July 27th. I don’t even know what I’d be looking for at the moment date wise lol

Is there anywhere where non owners can see availability at this resort? It would be nice to know what’s already booked heading into July 27th. I don’t even know what I’d be looking for at the moment date wise lol
Owners can't even see availability until July 27th. We have to Chat/Call to ask Member Services to check availability/book.

For dates through very early March (7m + 7d from 7/27), it will probably be a mad dash to book whatever you can see once it goes live.

Might be good to make a list of dates that you're considering in advance, with room categories/date flexibility that you can make work. The less you can think/ponder/consider in the moment, the more likely you'll be able to get what you want.

General things we know (or think we know) that might be good to keep in mind:
  • It's likely Preferred View Deluxe Studios will be the easiest category to book, would be good to look at that points chart to get comfortable with it
  • It's unlikely you'll find much 1BR/2BR/3BR/Garden availability except for random dates--if you do see some and you want it, book it ASAP as there's very few of these rooms and you're likely looking at the last one available
  • runDisney weekend is booked and likely has a significant waitlist already
  • Opening weekend (9/28) is almost certainly booked
  • Halloween/Christmas/NYE might also be booked
  • First week of January might also be booked (many schools are off in CA and points chart is very soft there, especially compared to VGC)
    • A new owner friend booked at 6am on 6/13 and only PV Deluxe Studios were available
  • Dates around President's Day might also be booked
  • Early December might also be booked (it's really popular at VGC and WDW)
  • Any availability exceptions to the above are likely PV Deluxe Studios

View attachment 775024

DisBoard members staying at Villas at Disneyland Hotel
who want to connect / show their trip excitement!

Oct 5: @UrsulaWantsYourSoul & @JavaDuck
Oct 9-13: @NowISeeYou - Welcome Home/OBB!
October 25th to 29th: @NVDISFamily - Nevada Day and OBB:
Dec 28-Jan 1: @UrsulaWantsYourSoul & @JavaDuck

April 1st to 6th: @NVDISFamily - Spring Break
Thanks for making a thread! We've been AKL and Aulani members since 2015 but I am from Hawaii and spent my childhood going to Disneyland. When they said they were making this tower I knew we had to buy in day 1. Only bought enough points for an every other year pit stop on the way to Hawaii but I can't wait to show my boys the Disney of my youth.

I've been doing Run Disney races since 2007 including 4 Disneyland Half marathons... so it was kismet that the opening of the tower and return of the races coincided. Jan 12-17: Disneyland Half-marathon and family vacation!

Last edited:
View attachment 775024

Nov 30 - Dec 3: @Canchaser143 - to celebrate our anniversary!

Jan 12-17: @Amyunder - Disneyland Half-marathon and family vacation!
Hurray! I've been waiting for an owner's thread. Thanks @UrsulaWantsYourSoul! We live locally and have some mini-vacations planned:
Oct 12-14
Jan 12 - Disneyland 10k
Mar 9-11
May 16-18

Thanks for setting this up! Can’t wait! We’ve got our next three trip’s already booked! I’m actually going to miss the DLH a little bit but not the $$$ we’d spend on rooms multiple trips a year.

Watching the construction I’m wondering if they’ll be completely finished by September!

View attachment 775024

Oct 12-14: @SoCalDCLfan
Nov 30 - Dec 3: @Canchaser143 - to celebrate our anniversary!

Jan 12: @SoCalDCLfan - Disneyland 10k
Jan 12-17: @Amyunder - Disneyland Half-marathon and family vacation!
Mar 9-11: @SoCalDCLfan
May 16-18: @SoCalDCLfan
Woo Hoo! VDH owners thread! Thank you for starting this. I find the Disboard community to be so welcoming and such a wealth of information!

Looking forward to our 2024 Disneyland trips:
February 8-12
May 2-6

Wish I could go in the fall but already booked WDW before I knew VDH would go on sale! Still in a win situation though ;)

Woo Hoo! VDH owners thread! Thank you for starting this. I find the Disboard community to be so welcoming and such a wealth of information!

Looking forward to our 2024 Disneyland trips:
February 8-12
May 2-6

Wish I could go in the fall but already booked WDW before I knew VDH would go on sale! Still in a win situation though ;)

Welcome home neighbor! I see we share 3 home resorts :)

Nice to see more VDH/VGC owners sharing the love between the two "west coast" DVC resorts.

Nice to see more VDH/VGC owners sharing the love between the two "west coast" DVC

Nice to see more VDH/VGC owners sharing the love between the two "west coast" DVC resorts.
I’m hitting myself that I didn’t buy into DVC earlier!!!! Especially VGC. I’m based out of northern CA so the west coast resorts make the most sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter