*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

We have our first stay at the VGF coming up over Easter in a Standard View 2 BR (not lock off). I'm familiar with the GF, but not with the DVC building. I'm looking on touring plans to make a room request, and I think I want to request one of the rooms that face the beach and walkway from the main building on an upper floor - because this looks like it gives you a bit of a lake view and some fireworks while being a SV room - the rooms would be 1525 and 1425. (I know this is just a request - but why not ask!) Does that seem like a good request? What do others generally request?

my actual questions are:

1. do any of the VGF rooms on the upper floors have the solid balconies or dormer balconies? My second request would typically be just upper floor, but I hate those types of balconies so that would change my requests.

2.Are there any rooms (often top floor ones at other resorts) that don't have the pull-down beds and have the pull out couches instead?

3. Are there any other good secrets or rooms to either request or avoid in this category? Like rooms that should be lagoon but are standard, extra large rooms, odd configurations that are better, vaulted ceiling rooms (that don't have solid balconies), rooms with fireworks views that are SV (I think I found one of those, maybe), etc... If you know what I mean.

it's been a while since I've stayed at a resort with no real knowledge of the ins and outs of what rooms to either want or hope to avoid lol. Thanks!
I would not ask for a specific room. With occupancy at 100%, the odds that somebody is checking out of that room on the day you need it are small.

If anything, request “Upper Floor” if that is what you want. You could also request “Golf course view” or “Main Hotel View”, but they are both great views. There are a very small number of rooms that have a direct fireworks view. There is only one dedicated 2BR on each floor and 1 lock-off 2BR on each floor with this view. We have been 7 times and only got this view once, and we didn’t have to ask for it. Besides, the best fireworks view is outside Gasparillas, where they have the music piped in.

We have our first stay at the VGF coming up over Easter in a Standard View 2 BR (not lock off). I'm familiar with the GF, but not with the DVC building. I'm looking on touring plans to make a room request, and I think I want to request one of the rooms that face the beach and walkway from the main building on an upper floor - because this looks like it gives you a bit of a lake view and some fireworks while being a SV room - the rooms would be 1525 and 1425. (I know this is just a request - but why not ask!) Does that seem like a good request? What do others generally request?

my actual questions are:

1. do any of the VGF rooms on the upper floors have the solid balconies or dormer balconies? My second request would typically be just upper floor, but I hate those types of balconies so that would change my requests.

2.Are there any rooms (often top floor ones at other resorts) that don't have the pull-down beds and have the pull out couches instead?

3. Are there any other good secrets or rooms to either request or avoid in this category? Like rooms that should be lagoon but are standard, extra large rooms, odd configurations that are better, vaulted ceiling rooms (that don't have solid balconies), rooms with fireworks views that are SV (I think I found one of those, maybe), etc... If you know what I mean.

it's been a while since I've stayed at a resort with no real knowledge of the ins and outs of what rooms to either want or hope to avoid lol. Thanks!
We had room 1425 on our last trip. We had the pull down Murphy not the couch bed. It was facing the main building. I can’t remember exactly how the balcony was laid out since it is a dedicated 2BR, I don’t think there were any dividers.

Edit: adding balcony picture my wife had. IMG_2662.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpegIMG_4046.jpeg

Last edited:

my actual questions are:

Agree with others that you should not ask for a specific room number. Guest services will not know what you're looking for if those rooms aren't available and will put you anywhere. Ask for a specific location (ie: Upper Floor, North Facing). This will increase your chances of getting a room in that general area.

I would not ask for a specific room. With occupancy at 100%, the odds that somebody is checking out of that room on the day you need it are small.

If anything, request “Upper Floor” if that is what you want. You could also request “Golf course view” or “Main Hotel View”, but they are both great views. There are a very small number of rooms that have a direct fireworks view. There is only one dedicated 2BR on each floor and 1 lock-off 2BR on each floor with this view. We have been 7 times and only got this view once, and we didn’t have to ask for it. Besides, the best fireworks view is outside Gasparillas, where they have the music piped in.

We had room 1425 on our last trip. We had the pull down Murphy not the couch bed. It was facing the main building. I can’t remember exactly how the balcony was laid out since it is a dedicated 2BR, I don’t think there were any dividers.

Edit: adding balcony picture my wife had. View attachment 837432

View attachment 837427View attachment 837428

Agree with others that you should not ask for a specific room number. Guest services will not know what you're looking for if those rooms aren't available and will put you anywhere. Ask for a specific location (ie: Upper Floor, North Facing). This will increase your chances of getting a room in that general area.
Thanks for the info. I understand about requests, and normally would never request specific rooms, but in this building, there are just a few with that view in the standard category. What I do is use touring plans to put in a specific room, and then write what I want in the comments. So I'll request the top floor room with the view I want and then in the comments add the details and say that if not available then upper floor. It's generally worked fairly well over the years, I just wanted to make sure the top floor didn't have enclosed balconies like the main GF buildings do.

From what I'm gathering, it seems like there aren't many "bad" views in this building, except maybe the ones that directly overlook the entrance porte cochere roof - and even those don't look too bad on touring plans.

I'm far too lazy to read 142 pages so I apologize.

But I saw the "resort studio standard plus" in the BPK building. Is this a different booking category or just a luck of the draw kind of thing?

But I saw the "resort studio standard plus" in the BPK building. Is this a different booking category or just a luck of the draw kind of thing?

There is no category for booking it on the DVC side. They are just broken down by view.

Are those the tower type rooms that are a little bit bigger and have an extra little seating area? It’s definitely luck of the draw/rm request not a booking category.

Are those the tower type rooms that are a little bit bigger and have an extra little seating area? It’s definitely luck of the draw/rm request not a booking category.

Yeah, that's the type. I saw the virtual tour on the first post of this thread and they look nice. Is there a request that makes someone more likely to end up in one? They look great!

Also...

I would love to hear people's pros and cons of the Resort Studios VS. the Villa Studios. I feel like the location of the resort studios looks better. But I've never been to the Grand Floridian at all so I have no idea of the layout more than what I've seen looking at the map.

I can see that the bed situation is different but they both look good to me.

Also...

I would love to hear people's pros and cons of the Resort Studios VS. the Villa Studios. I feel like the location of the resort studios looks better. But I've never been to the Grand Floridian at all so I have no idea of the layout more than what I've seen looking at the map.

The location of BPK is definitely more central (slightly closer to the main building/monorail but definitely closer to the boat dock).

I think the biggest difference is that you get the kitchenette in the deluxe studios. We’ve only stayed at the resort studios and love them but I can’t say for sure we prefer them to the deluxe studio but since we don’t really need a kitchen when we’re staying in a studio (I’d rather just book a 1bdrm in that case) and we just slightly prefer having the 2 queen beds (plus it’s a little bigger then the DS), it makes much more sense for us to stay at the resort studios.

I think it just depends on individual priorities really.

Edited to add: I think you’ll find many prefer the original deluxe studios so it does feel like a bit of a service to give more room those who really have strong feelings about the DVC building😂

Last edited:
Also...

For us, we very much prefer the Deluxe Studios in the original building. Essentially, the rooms in BPK are just hotel rooms whereas the rooms in the original DVC building are actually studios.

First, the kitchenette is nice to have. Second, the Deluxe Studios have a split bath setup where there are 2 showers, versus only a single one in the hotel rooms. Third, it's SOOO NICE to be able to either not use the murphy bed, or to be able to put it up out of the way instead of having the 2nd queen in the room (yes, I know many of you like that, we, personally, do not). If it's just 2 people, that second queen bed does nothing but get in the way.

I would also say that the location of the Deluxe Studios is much, much more convenient if you drive to WDW. If so, you can park basically just a bit in front of the building. If you are in BPK, it's a trek to your car. Also, I appreciate that there is a covered walkway from the original DVC building to the main lobby. If you are in BPK and it's raining, you are going to get wet...

For us, we very much prefer the Deluxe Studios in the original building. Essentially, the rooms in BPK are just hotel rooms whereas the rooms in the original DVC building are actually studios.

First, the kitchenette is nice to have. Second, the Deluxe Studios have a split bath setup where there are 2 showers, versus only a single one in the hotel rooms. Third, it's SOOO NICE to be able to either not use the murphy bed, or to be able to put it up out of the way instead of having the 2nd queen in the room (yes, I know many of you like that, we, personally, do not). If it's just 2 people, that second queen bed does nothing but get in the way.

I would also say that the location of the Deluxe Studios is much, much more convenient if you drive to WDW. If so, you can park basically just a bit in front of the building. If you are in BPK, it's a trek to your car. Also, I appreciate that there is a covered walkway from the original DVC building to the main lobby. If you are in BPK and it's raining, you are going to get wet...

I agree with you 100%. I didn’t realize that there was an exit in the VGF parking lot by the wedding pavilion entrance until our last day 😂. I know now for our trip in July. We have a deluxe studio booked.

Yeah, that's the type. I saw the virtual tour on the first post of this thread and they look nice. Is there a request that makes someone more likely to end up in one? They look great!
I've stayed in a turret room once - we LOVED it. It was only for 1 night that trip, so I wonder if that made it easier to get? I requested it again the 2nd time we stayed in a resort studio this past November (2 nights this time) and they were unfortunately already assigned that time. The thing is, there are only 4 of them total, so the odds of getting one aren't the greatest. I don't think there's anything you can do to increase your odds; as long as you have a standard view resort studio booked, you can request one. If you check in early enough in the day, it's also worth stopping by the front desk and asking to see whether they were able to meet your request. I also think the one on the 5th floor may not have a balcony? (I know that's covered in this thread or in another one on the board somewhere.) The extra space is so nice though, for me it would still be worth it.

The Grand Cottage Returns for Easter at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

It’s the last day of February, and spring is nearly here! With Easter 2024 just a few weeks away, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is gearing up for the return of its beloved Easter cottage.

grand floridian easter grand cottage 2024

Located in the resort’s breathtaking Victorian-inspired lobby, The Grand Cottage is just one of the dazzling Easter displays that will adorn select Disney resorts this month.

Grand Floridian Easter Cottage Grand Cottage Sign

The Grand Cottage Returns for Easter 2024

In springy pastel shades of pink, blue, and green, the Grand Floridian’s festive Easter cottage has officially returned for its third Easter season.

Grand Cottage construction

With its elegant columns and ornate details, The Grand Cottage is a perfect fit for the gorgeous Grand Floridian lobby.

grand floridian easter grand cottage 2024

The booth is surrounded by a charming white picket fence, complete with pink-striped posts.

The Grand Cottage will open to Disney guests on March 3rd, 2024, and will offer an array of tasty Easter-themed treats.

grand-cottage-grand-gloridian-treats-2024.jpeg

Easter Treats at The Grand Cottage

Last year’s Grand Cottage menu included a ton of special sweet treats, and this year is no different! Disney has already confirmed several returning favorites like the Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup and Fruity Mickey Pop. But the brand-new Bunny Pop Flower Pop is also on the

Last edited:

2024 Grand Cottage is Now Open!

The Grand Cottage is a snack stand in the lobby that sells Easter treats.

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 11

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 13

The stand is open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily through April 1.

Treats

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 14

The treats can be previewed in a display case near the cottage with pricing so guests can decide what to order before they get in line.

Lemon Blueberry Whoopie Pie – $8.25​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 15

Bunny Pop Flower Pot – $15​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 16

Paint Your Own Chocolate Egg – $25​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 17

Milk Chocolate Bunny – $12​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 1

White Chocolate Bunny Pop – $8​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 2

Confetti Pop – $9.75​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 3

The Grand Egg – $20​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 4

Guava Cream Cheese Sweet Roll – $4.75​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 5

Macaron Box – $15​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 6

Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup – $7, Easter Marshmallow Pop – $4.50​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 8

Fruity Cereal Mickey Pop – $7.25, Cream Cheese Carrot Coffee Cake – $9.75​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 9

The Easter Treat Box – $80​

WDW 2024 Grand Cottage Easter Grand Floridian 7

Easter Egg Display at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

The Easter Eggs on display at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, Contemporary, Beach Club, and Yacht Club Resorts are designed by Cast Members. Each resort features different eggs. Each year, some favorites from previous Easters return alongside new designs.

Returning Eggs

Character Collage​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 19 1

Munchlings​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 15 1

The Princess and the Frog​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 38 1

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 46 1

Bambi​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 9 1

Alice in Wonderland​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 8 1

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 55 1

The Sword in the Stone​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 37 1

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 44 1

Daisy’s House​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 43 1

New Eggs

Pixar​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 3

An egg featuring a collage of Pixar characters is being worked on for guests to see the process. There’s a table set up for the artist in the lobby with a tray of paints.

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 7

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 4

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 5

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 6

Disney Eats​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 52

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 11

Baby Dragon​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 12

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 53

Emperor’s New Groove – Cat Yzma​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 13

Onward​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 14

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 51

Toy Story – Al’s Toy Barn​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 20

Beauty and the Beast​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 27

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 22

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 24

Villains​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 28

Snow White Model Sheet​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 33

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 32

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 31

Koi Pond​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 34

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 30

Aladdin – Jasmine’s Palace​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 35

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway​

WDW 2024 Easter Egg Display at Grand Floridian 40

We were just told that Big Pine Key is currently in the process of swapping out the beverage coolers for real refrigerators again. Should be all done within a couple of weeks. We still have the beverage cooler with the glass door and it is a joke.

Has anyone stayed recently in a resort studio and can confirm if they now have the regular refrigerators added?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter