The Only Kind of Secret Honeymoon Cruise!

Kiren

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I have to be sneaky about this since my future DH is sitting right beside me (risky I know!) but I can at least start my PTR.

First some background.

I'm the future DW, I wasn't much of a Disney nerd until my DH started telling all about the hidden things of Disneyland. Well I fell head over heels in love! I can't get enough Disney now! I'm 25 but when we go on the honeymoon I'll be 27.

And now for the future DH, he's 34 and the best thing that has ever happened to me. He taught me that Disney isn't just a bunch of good movies and a couple of good theme parks.

We also have a DSS (well, it's his DS my DSS) but he's not quite old enough to experience Disney yet.

On to the planning!

So to give a bit more of background here, (sorry!) we had actually originally planned to have our honeymoon on the Wonder when she came up to sail Alaska. Well, while I was looking into prices, I happened to be goofing around and priced out a 7-night Easter Caribbean on the Fantasy. Turns out it's cheaper for us to fly out and go down south! Once we discussed it we decided we would go down south for the honeymoon instead!

Then while I was work one of my coworkers over heard me mumbling to myself about the pros and cons of cruises with DCL and proceeded to tell me that she's been on two and has a third book! Very quickly I became overloaded with information about FE and finding groups on FB for your sailings! The boards as well as WDWinfo.com have been a huge help!

So now we get into the secret part of the kind of not so secret honeymoon. We weren't planning on stopping at WDW during this trip because we are planning on taking DS to WDW over Christmas 2015. What I want to do is maybe fly down a few days early and stay at one of the hotels on the resort but a little farther away from the main parks so as to not fall to temptation. But we could cruise around DTD for a the day and then head to the cruise in the morning. I only just had this idea pop into my head today so I haven't started really looking at hotels yet. But I do have a couple of questions, maybe you guys can help me out!

First question: Do the luggage tag things work if you're catching the shuttle to the Port from the Hotels?

Second question: Which hotel do you guys recommend? Like I said I was hoping for something distant from the main parks so we don't fall to temptation.

I think that's all I have to say for now but I'll update when I get more! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter