The Princess and the Frog - Movie

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
Has anyone seen it?

Reviews?

I just saw the move runs 138 minutes..? can that be? Most Disney animated featues run between 90 - 100 minutes.

Is there enough to keep an active 5 year old entertained enough to sit still through the whole film? As much as I was planning to go today... I think we may have to wait to just purchase it on DVD, so the kids can pause and resume, and Mom and Dad can watch at night with little interuption.

DS and I saw it yesterday and both enjoyed it :goodvibes It didn't seem like 138 minutes -- the plot moved along quickly and the songs were catchy (DS was dancing in his seat lol!). He got a little antsy towards the end but there were only about five minutes left in the movie. I asked him what he thought after it ended and he told me, "That was really cool!" ;)

Enjoy!!

We saw it yesterday and absolutely loved it. Great music, story, and animation, and a wonderful message. I highly recommend it!

It was amazing!! I was somewhat skeptic at first since I'm not the biggest fan of princess Disney movies, but they really nailed it. The plot line was amazing, the singing was even more amazing, the cast was spectacular and I was dancing in my seat to every song! The movie itself was beautiful since they had their classic 2D-drawing mixed in with some nice CGI. I really hope it won't be a flop like Home on the Range was, since this movie was just spectacular!!

It's a great movie. It's only an hour and a half. You should go see it. My very active 3 year old had no problem watching the whole thing. She did stand up and dance a little with the music, but she wasn't bothering anybody. She is already working her Grandma to take her to see it again. She has been talking about Tiana since we saw the movie yesterday. DD now ranks her right up there with Cinderella apparently. The only parental warning I would have is that there is a death and that did bother her a little bit during the movie.

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

My 5 yr. old niece went with us and she did great. Never complained or got fussy at all. It was a great moviepopcorn::

Saw it yesterday with my three DD's 7, 6, and 4. They all thought the movie was great. My wife and I enjoyed the movie but did think that this is not Disney's best movie. Don't misunderstand...we enjoyed it as well but we thought the music was ok, plot was good, and message is excellent. It just didn't seem to have the extra magic that Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, or Lion King does.

Saw it Friday. Definitely up there on my list of top-5 all time Disney films. Great story (best villain Disney has created), fun music.

wife just saw it with my daughter who is 3, going on 4 in feb and said it was really good. lots of good songs as well.

I went to see the movie today. It was awesome, and I am going to see it again. I loved the music, the story, okay everything. It is one of my favorites now.:woohoo:

i saw it with my DD age 8. She really enjoyed it. I would give it 3 stars out of 5. I didn't like all the vodoo - underworld - demon stuff in it. I would agree with defendthehill - it wasn't at the level of lion king, beauty and the beast.

the music was very good - I thought the beginning to middle was a bit slow and clunky and was starting to worry that it was going to be a dud - but it really picked up and finished pretty strong.

Overall - a good, not great, Disney animation film.

btw,the previews did get me excited for TOY STORY 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter