The "Rides Others Love but I just don't 'get'" Poll

Rides Others Love but I just don't 'get'.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay flame suite on: FoP ..go to universal if you thought that was amazing is all I have to say

It's so loved it's not on the poll yet I would ride any of them on the poll over FoP

What rides at universal hold a flame to FoP? I give them credit for trying, but all their similar rides feel like watching a movie while sitting in a vehicle. FoP was the best simulation of something real that I experienced. It may just have been my opinion, though.

What rides at universal hold a flame to FoP? I give them credit for trying, but all their similar rides feel like watching a movie while sitting in a vehicle. FoP was the best simulation of something real that I experienced. It may just have been my opinion, though.
The problem I had with FoP is that it didn't feel immsersive at all, you can see everyone around you, the graphics lack detail/texture and the playback isn't really smooth I'm not sure if that's the frame rate dipping or the refresh rate or something else but it feels like gaming on a PC is that is struggling keeping the frame rate up. People also said there wasn't any issues with strait lines / warpage like with the new sorin but there is.

Basically all these problems mean that my brain isn't fooled at all and I'm just infront of a screen on a chair that goes up and down a bit, this for me is less of a problem with Universal rides.

If you would have thrown "Frozen Ever After" in there, I definitely would have voted that. It's Peter Pan, but the boat is in water instead of flying. Now that doesn't mean I voted for Peter Pan (I didn't, I love that ride. Reminds me of my childhood and also my DS when he was little). I voted for 7 Dwarfs. I don't get why it attracts such a long line when Big Thunder Mountain is a much better coaster in MK.

The problem I had with FoP is that it didn't feel immsersive at all, you can see everyone around you, the graphics lack detail/texture and the playback isn't really smooth I'm not sure if that's the frame rate dipping or the refresh rate or something else but it feels like gaming on a PC is that is struggling keeping the frame rate up. People also said there wasn't any issues with strait lines / warpage like with the new sorin but there is.

Basically all these problems mean that my brain isn't fooled at all and I'm just infront of a screen on a chair that goes up and down a bit, this for me is less of a problem with Universal rides.

Haha. Sounds like a YMMV sort of situation. I felt the exact same way during the Harry Potter rides at Universal, but rode FoP completely solo. That may have helped with the immersiveness for me. It sucked me in completely. I'm sure the more I ride it, the more I will notice flaws, but my first time was a perfect ride in my eyes.

If you would have thrown "Frozen Ever After" in there, I definitely would have voted that. It's Peter Pan, but the boat is in water instead of flying. Now that doesn't mean I voted for Peter Pan (I didn't, I love that ride. Reminds me of my childhood and also my DS when he was little). I voted for 7 Dwarfs. I don't get why it attracts such a long line when Big Thunder Mountain is a much better coaster in MK.

I told my wife I was done going on Frozen Ever After. We rode it 2 times the past two summers, and that was more than enough for me. The Maelstrom was more exciting compared to its wait time. Oh well. I'm sure next on the list is reformatting Donald in Mexico to be Coco related, and then plan for 180 minute wait times.

Okay flame suite on: FoP ..go to universal if you thought that was amazing is all I have to say

It's so loved it's not on the poll yet I would ride any of them on the poll over FoP

I havent gotten a chance to ride that yet. I hope too soon but i cant fairly judge it until i have :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter