The rudest guest you ever met?

People who complain they didn't get towel animals and it ruined their trip!! Now that's rude.

One night after leaving Fantasmic I ran into the rudest guest(s) who decided to use their wheelchair bound child as a battering ram. Never having been to the show before I didn't realize what fun :sad2: it is trying to leave the auditorium and squeeze through past the Tower of Terror. We were basically crammed in there like sardines (it was the day before New Years) so there was no place for anyone to go. I noticed this family at first because they slammed their child (and his wheelchair) into one gentleman and then started ramming the chair into the back of my legs while calling out, "Wheelchair, wheelchair" in a little singsong voice. Having no where to go they decided to ram into my legs several more times before I guess they finally decided to run over someone else. I usually try to keep a level head but honestly, using a child in a wheelchair like a battering ram was unbelievable.

This actually happened to my cousin, but she told me this story:

My cousin and her family were playing and jumping in the surf pool, when out of nowhere, a man pushed them. Thinking it was an accident, since it was a wave pool and things like that happened all the time, my cousin thought nothing of it, until a woman waded over to my cousin's father and said, "That guy's been doing that to everybody!"

Um, is that huge wave pool not big enough for you? Why was he pushing into random guests?

Boy this is a toss up.

In 2007, we like normal, were eating at the Seasons and the family next to us (we were eating) decided the baby's diaper needed changing and proceeded to change the diaper there on the table. Yes, number 2 all the way. It was disgusting, we couldn't finish our food.

The other was last year, happened at the little girl's clothing store there on the "main" street of DHS across from the fountain. (Sorry I can't remember the name of it) Anyway, I was at the cash register buying my DD a minnie mouse shirt, and I realized I didn't have any money on me, the DH had it all. So, I apologized to the CM and the people around me and turned to my hubby a few feet away and asked for his wallet. The woman directly behind me in line informed me that if he came up with the cash that would mean he was cutting in line and she wouldn't put up with it. I looked at her oddly, apologized again said that we would be stuck there all day, because he had the cash. Her response was to throw her hand in the air, punching the hubby. Honestly, everything stopped. The CMs' jaws dropped the lady beside me was in shock. Proudly enough, my DH smiled at her, and handed me his wallet, he and the kids left while I finished paying.

Amazingly enough, she continued to complain about the hubby cutting in line and how she was going to call security on him. I had to laugh and told her to find some stinking pixie dust or just go home. Obviously her time was no longer magical. Her response? Not repeatable on any board. :confused3

One of the things I've always found amazing is the sense of entitlement so many people have. As if somehow, their own enjoyment of the Disney experience is more important than anyone else's. But I suppose that's sort of how people feel in general... they have a "me-first" attitude.

The rudest was a guy at the hotel bus stop (YC). DH was talking to another family sitting on the bench next to us. This guy had been standing there for a few minutes, walks over to the gentleman DH was talking to and asks where he's from (SC, BTW). The man then goes on to say that he could tell it was somewhere down south because of the accents (OK, then why did he ask?:confused3 ).

He wanted to know if southerners had different school holidays or something. It was the end of May and our kids were already out for the summer. Then he proceeds to give DH and the other gentleman a laundry list of what is wrong with southerners: we all sound stupid when we talk, act like hillbillies, and he tells DH that Louisianans are the worst of all...he can't understand anything we say.

Then I spoke up and asked him why did he join our conversation. We weren't talking to him...he included himself. His answer: He just wanted us to know that we were embarassing and maybe shouldn't speak when we were out in a nice place like the YC.:laughing: I asked where he was from and he said Indiana. Sorry (and definitely no offense to anyone from Indiana), but I didn't know Indiana was such a hotbed of sophistication. If he was so sophisticated he would know that YC is definitely not the fanciest place in the world.:lmao:

For some reason, I just couldn't get mad. I started laughing so hard I was crying by the time the bus pulled up.:rotfl2: Thank goodness he wasn't going to the same place we were. He just stood there watching our bus as it pulled away with a strange look on his face.:confused:

This is soooo rude. To tell someone that they sound stupid because of their accent? It would have been hard not to say something rude back to him. But I think I would have had to laugh like you did just because of the weirdness of it all.

I happen to love different accents and I can just get caught up in southern accents and Australian accents especially. So if someone is staring at you all moon-eyed as you talk, that would be me :rolleyes1. I just could listen to y'all all day long. I don't think they make you sound stupid - intriguing yes.

I just couldn't let it go so every morning at about 7:30am I just slammed the door on the latch about 10-15 before we left for the park.... I know its wrong but I couldn't help myself.

HAHA! this sounds like my family! We stayed the night in a hotel in Pittsburgh and there was a party going on down the hall- they kept us up til 2 with yelling, banging the door, and sliding their blinds (i know - you would think this wouldn't be bad... but in this hotel it was!) So when we woke up at 6 the next morning my mom decided to give it right back to them!

Since I can't remember any- i must not have had any awful experiences. Some of the stories on here are horrifying!

In 2007 at MK I was sitting outside of Stitch waiting for the rest of my family. DD was sleeping in the stroller. A man decided he need to sit beside me and smoke. I kindly asked him if he would please go to one of the nearby smoking areas because his smoke was blowing in my DD and my face. He informed me it was a free country and he could smoke where ever he wanted. Of course he used a few words I can't repeat. I said your right it is a free country and I am free to breath clean air. I went to the nearest CM and asked them to handle to situation. Needless to say he moved.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying he didn't have the right to smoke. I have several family members that either were or are smokers, but they respect the air of those who don't choose to smoke.

Unfortunately I have a long list of rude incounters both in the park and on the buses. I don't think I will share them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter