• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and no. I know one version was as you said, but I am also pretty sure there was a slightly more aggressive plan with a 3rd ride and more other things. I am not sure if that was all tied to if it had gone to the EL area or not though.
I know the third ride for the current version was supposed to be the Bantha ride/transportation thing but TDO wasn't thrilled with costs.

The only thing LOCKED per say(yeah it changes) is one Pavillion added, the expectation is it will be Brazil, but there are rumors and more than blue sky on at least 2 others per multiple insiders. My point was it should be Brazil, but if the legal issues continue it may be something else.

Another rumor was Spain, right? I wasn't really on board with that one until I went to Seville last month, now I would absolutely love a Spain pavilion if it was modeled after Seville. It was that amazing. They'd have to make the whole area smell of orange blossoms.

Another rumor was Spain, right? I wasn't really on board with that one until I went to Seville last month, now I would absolutely love a Spain pavilion if it was modeled after Seville. It was that amazing. They'd have to make the whole area smell of orange blossoms.
Yes I believe Spain was another option. There supposedly is one more option, but I don't think we ever heard what that third option was.

The only thing LOCKED per say(yeah it changes) is one Pavillion added, the expectation is it will be Brazil, but there are rumors and more than blue sky on at least 2 others per multiple insiders. My point was it should be Brazil, but if the legal issues continue it may be something else.

Where might the Brazil pavilion be built? Near Germany...or near The Outpost?

I was just in Sevilla last week and it is the most beautiful city I have ever been to.

Very curious as to what option 3 is!
The two in my mind that would make sense are Russia maybe modeled after St Petersburg or a country from the middle east to add more diverse representation rather than just another European country

The two in my mind that would make sense are Russia maybe modeled after St Petersburg or a country from the middle east to add more diverse representation rather than just another European country
I just don't see disney doing that in this political climate, as awesome as that pavilion could be. I was thinking maybe an Eastern European country?

I just don't see disney doing that in this political climate, as awesome as that pavilion could be. I was thinking maybe an Eastern European country?

Yeah I agree, I feel like Russia would be really interesting but could be perceived as political. I would personally prefer to see places outside Europe, like Thailand, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia. I think there's plenty of things in those cultures that can educate people, especially the native cultures we often don't hear about.

Yeah I agree, I feel like Russia would be really interesting but could be perceived as political. I would personally prefer to see places outside Europe, like Thailand, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia. I think there's plenty of things in those cultures that can educate people, especially the native cultures we often don't hear about.

There is a lot you could do with something from the australian/new zeland area of the world... though we'd probably get a crocodile dundee ride..lol

True but I think it's interesting we have only really western europe represented. Australia is a strong choice though. Or New Zealand.

True but I think it's interesting we have only really western europe represented. Australia is a strong choice though. Or New Zealand.
I think the issue is it's hard to build a country off of western Europe because there isn't too much to base it off of. I feel as though there aren't any major icons to center them around. I agree though Australia or New Zealand has a lot to offer. I would also love to see Switzerland. There aren't any political issues there since they are neutral when it comes to literally everything :rotfl2:

I think the issue is it's hard to build a country off of western Europe because there isn't too much to base it off of. I feel as though there aren't any major icons to center them around. I agree though Australia or New Zealand has a lot to offer. I would also love to see Switzerland. There aren't any political issues there since they are neutral when it comes to literally everything :rotfl2:
LOL true!
I can see what you mean about eastern europe, I hadn't thought of that. Get Joe Rohde on the case though right? He will find something!

LOL true!
I can see what you mean about eastern europe, I hadn't thought of that. Get Joe Rohde on the case though right? He will find something!
Oops I said western but you knew what I meant lol. But I would LOVE for Joe to work on this project because I think bringing in a country that most people wouldn't think of would be a great opportunity for guests to see something new and learn something rather than see something they already recognize. Joe could do an AMAZING job with something like that.

Oops I said western but you knew what I meant lol. But I would LOVE for Joe to work on this project because I think bringing in a country that most people wouldn't think of would be a great opportunity for guests to see something new and learn something rather than see something they already recognize. Joe could do an AMAZING job with something like that.
RIGHT?! Gah you get it!

I now have a coworker at a non Disney related job telling customers who come in with their magic bands small world is going away despite me saying numerous times it was clickbait

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter