August totals:

Running
Total Miles: 294.73 mi
Total Time: 55:10
Average Pace: 11:14/mi
Average HR: 137/min

Bike
Total miles: 103

Finished my 1000 mile goal for the summer yesterday. Consistent heat index of ~110 slowed me down a lot for the last two weeks. Happy to have completed 2x 100k and 1 100 mi runs in the Texas summer. Definitely missing races and looking forward to CRAW and getting some time on the bike. Fingers crossed that we get MW and some cooler temps soon.

August Totals

Miles: 58.11
Time: 10:16:29
Avg HR: 157
Avg Pace: 10:52

Still plodding along - started taking my lab for a few runs with me since the mornings are cooler and not as humid lately as we move into fall weather. He stops for way more bathroom breaks than I'm used to!

I'm starting to get my ducks in a row to start Body Beast (was going to start this week but just don't feel like it), but I just found out my local running club's half marathon is still on for November, so I'm not sure how what to do.

August totals:

Run = 100.3 mi
Bike = 374 mi
Swim = 15,000yds

I am signed up for an in person Olympic tri that is supposed to happen next weekend (fingers crossed!) - my 70.3 race was cancelled
Also starting to focus on the official start of Goofy training this month - the plan starts with a 13mi LR so ramping up to be ready for that.

This month I did 41 miles of walking as well as 5 days a week of Barre class. I just finished my barre workout and moving on to 100 morning melt. I was ready for a change. The temps are also cooling off so I plan to start running again. I needed major motivation with no real races in sight (all the ones I was looking at went virtual). So I found a CRAW team to join on FB so that should help up my mileage. I am already really enjoying the banter in my group so excited to complete the challenge. We are hoping to finish in 16 months.

Last edited:
August: 66.65 miles
YTD: 380.80 miles

I had two demotivating events happen near the end of July, which caused me to really struggle in early August. Part of over coming an issue is acknowledging it, which I have done, and am still trying to figure out ways to overcome one of them. The other, the loss of our 15 yr old Australian Shepherd Mix, wasn't completely unexpected due to medical issues but still was a blow. We have started looking for another dog, but both our geographic location and the restrictions shelters have put in place due to Covid-19, are making the process a slow one.

@PaDisneyCouple thanks for mentioning the Liberty Road Challenge in early July. Needing to complete that was the mental kickstarter I needed at the beginning of August to get back out there. I finished it, have my shirt and medal. If you come across anything similar, would you let me know? The bar crawl one isn't really up my alley (don't drink), but I might do it anyway.

August: 66.65 miles
YTD: 380.80 miles

I had two demotivating events happen near the end of July, which caused me to really struggle in early August. Part of over coming an issue is acknowledging it, which I have done, and am still trying to figure out ways to overcome one of them. The other, the loss of our 15 yr old Australian Shepherd Mix, wasn't completely unexpected due to medical issues but still was a blow. We have started looking for another dog, but both our geographic location and the restrictions shelters have put in place due to Covid-19, are making the process a slow one.

@PaDisneyCouple thanks for mentioning the Liberty Road Challenge in early July. Needing to complete that was the mental kickstarter I needed at the beginning of August to get back out there. I finished it, have my shirt and medal. If you come across anything similar, would you let me know? The bar crawl one isn't really up my alley (don't drink), but I might do it anyway.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know that is always hard. It is crazy about the shelters. The one near my got 14K applications since March so they placed a hold on new ones for now. It is great they got so many, but feel for all the people who want to adopt a new furry family member.

August totals:
Miles: 116.18
Avg pace: 9:23

Rough month. Unexpected health issue came up requiring no physical activity (including carrying my children) for a week coupled with side effects from a medication I was on caused me to promptly loss over 6 lbs of muscle. I thought I'd bounce back and run 9 miles at long run pace and then toss in 1 mile of tempo near the end, but I couldn't even manage 1 mile of easy pace without stopping on the side of the road for at least 5 min. Trying to build back my endurance slowly but my speed is kaput. Poor air quality and shutdown of local trails haven't helped, but I know I'm lucky to even be running.

August 2020 Training Summary

Running duration = 12:47 hours
Running mileage = 88.8 miles
Average Pace = 8:38 min/mile (about 2 min/mile slower than estimated LT)
Average HR = 139 (9 bpm lower than Marathon Pace)
Indoor Cycling duration = 18:20 hours
Indoor Cycling mileage = 301 miles
Indoor Cycling average power = 170 watts
Indoor Cycling average Normalized Power = 180 watts
Strength = 6:00 hours
Total Training Time = 37:08 hours

The hamstring has finally healed. It took about 3 months in total, but things are finally feeling normal again. I'm trying to be patient in the build-up back again. Last week was my first real training week, so it feels good to be back. My fitness is slowly coming back. I still have the raw power (ran a 4:34 split), but the endurance/stamina will take a while. The downside is my fitness has started to tick up sooner than expected. Which means if my previous data is correct, then I've only got 11-13 weeks at best before I start a downswing. So I'm crossing my fingers the endurance returns in time for a HM/M time trial this winter.

ONE MONTH UNTIL MY HALF AND I DON'T THINK I'LL DIE WHILE RUNNING IT! (My BIL otoh might because i don't think he's done any training for it still? not sure.)

According to my training plan I ran 50 miles in August. Woo hoo! I did my first outdoors run today and it's a good thing I checked the distance with my car on the way back from soccer practice and didn't rely on my fitbit for that or i would have turned around 0.3 miles too early.

if all the walking at disney "counted" i would be close to 70 miles for the month. ALSO, enormous props to all of you who run outdoors in the summer in the south. I was sweating just walking from my car to the resort down there and running did NOT happen even though I took all of my stuff.

August Running Summary

Total miles = 119.5
Average pace = 12:29
Average HR = 120

Made every run on my @DopeyBadger training plan for the Run the Bluegrass HM in Lexington, KY on October 3. Email from the race director this week claims 80-90 percent chance of it actually happening, at about 20 percent of the usual number of runners. We'll see, but I always remain hopeful!

Last edited:
Wow you guys are seriously inspiring!!

August totals for me:
23.5 miles (13.1 of which were a Half Marathon lol)
13'16" Average Pace

I am very much looking forward to the cooler temps, and having a training program to follow as motivation again. I'm not an AM runner and trying to do afternoon and evening runs while it's been so hot and humid were basically impossible - I made the mistake of trying to push myself and only made myself sick, which was my cue to just give myself some grace and do other activity to supplement (mainly yoga and biking). Losing the endurance is crummy but I know I'll build back up stronger and better than before - I'm ready!

Wow you guys are seriously inspiring!!

August totals for me:
23.5 miles (13.1 of which were a Half Marathon lol)
13'16" Average Pace

I am very much looking forward to the cooler temps, and having a training program to follow as motivation again. I'm not an AM runner and trying to do afternoon and evening runs while it's been so hot and humid were basically impossible - I made the mistake of trying to push myself and only made myself sick, which was my cue to just give myself some grace and do other activity to supplement (mainly yoga and biking). Losing the endurance is crummy but I know I'll build back up stronger and better than before - I'm ready!

It’s not necessarily fun, but it’s definitely possible to be an afternoon and evening runner in the heat and humidity. The key is to slow down, especially while you’re getting acclimated to the higher temps and heat indices. This site outlines a commonly used formula for pace adjustment depending on how high the heat and humidity are:

https://www.wickedbonkproof.com/running-training-tips/-adjusting-pace-for-heat
Most of my weekday runs are between 5pm and 8pm in hot and humid NC. Acclimation can take some time and certainly doesn’t make everything better, but with acclimation and pace adjustment, afternoon and evening running are definitely possible.

It’s not necessarily fun, but it’s definitely possible to be an afternoon and evening runner in the heat and humidity. The key is to slow down, especially while you’re getting acclimated to the higher temps and heat indices. This site outlines a commonly used formula for pace adjustment depending on how high the heat and humidity are:

https://www.wickedbonkproof.com/running-training-tips/-adjusting-pace-for-heat
Most of my weekday runs are between 5pm and 8pm in hot and humid NC. Acclimation can take some time and certainly doesn’t make everything better, but with acclimation and pace adjustment, afternoon and evening running are definitely possible.

Thank you! This is super helpful - temps are currently not an issue by me but for next late Spring and early Summer I have this bookmarked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter