The Running Thread -- 2022

Actually, the one that is more tempting is the Hollywood Studios night. I haven't been to HS in many years since before Toy Story Land opened. But that would just be insanity going into Dopey, right? Right?
Maybe, maybe not

Do the expo Wednesday morning, go back to the hotel and nap/relax until 5 or so, get ready and hit HS at 7 on the AH ticket, stay until 12:30, go back and hang out/get ready for the 5K, go do the 5K, then go back and sleep a little while, but not too long because you still need to get to sleep early before the 10K.

Yeah, ok, that might be insanity after all 😄😄🤪

Maybe, maybe not

Do the expo Wednesday morning, go back to the hotel and nap/relax until 5 or so, get ready and hit HS at 7 on the AH ticket, stay until 12:30, go back and hang out/get ready for the 5K, go do the 5K, then go back and sleep a little while, but not too long because you still need to get to sleep early before the 10K.

Yeah, ok, that might be insanity after all 😄😄🤪
I like that game plan! That is my kind of craziness when it comes to the parks. :)

QOTD: OK, so @Naomeri 's training journal made me think of this QOTD: What is the strangest running-related dream that you've had? (@Naomeri , you'll have to put yours....)

ATTQOTD for me: This happened the last night or two for me. You know how when you start drifting off to sleep, sometimes your body suddenly jerks and wakes you up? A couple of nights ago this happened to me, but when it did, I was dreaming that I was trail running and had just tripped and was starting to fall - then the jerk and I woke up. This happened twice in the same night! (And my husband says the second time startled him, too, and then he had trouble getting back to sleep.) It was definitely not a fun feeling. I had actually tripped and skinned a knee on a trail run that day, so there was a clear origin for the dream.

QOTD: OK, so @Naomeri 's training journal made me think of this QOTD: What is the strangest running-related dream that you've had? (@Naomeri , you'll have to put yours....)
ATTQOTD: OMG I have had too many to count. One of the most memorable was that I was running the WDW Marathon, *finally* on pace to reach my sub-5 hour goal (after many attempts), and running through Liberty Square, somebody stops me and says, "Stop running! You've been chosen to be in the Donkey Parade!" and he tries to push me into a coach or a bin or something full of straw and being pulled by a donkey. I try to argue with him that I don't want to be in the Donkey Parade, I'm trying to finish the marathon, but he keeps insisting it's an honor to be chosen for the parade! You must! And I can't get out of there, ruining my chances to make my goal time.

The other really memorable one was where I was running a half, and it was a crazy course, going in and out of buildings, a haunted house, a parking structure... And the last 0.1 miles was literally straight down: You jumped out a window several stories up and went vertically through the finish line! Fastest final 0.1 to a race I would ever have I'm sure.

I think the weight is negligible really. I don't think you'll notice it all that much. The size can matter though. I have a 12 Plus Max or whatever they were calling the largest phone at that time and it doesn't often fit in pockets designed for smaller phones. I don't mind running with it, but there are places it doesn't fit so I would check it in your running belt before committing to it.
I guess the additional weight wouldn't really be any different than adding another Gu gel pack in your belt.

Yeah, this is kind of what I was thinking! And I'm not exactly surprised that someone else on here had the exact same thought. :rotfl2:

No, honestly, when I stopped to think about it, I realized that I don't want to try to jam everything at HS into an after hours event, particularly with a race the next morning. I don't think I will enjoy it properly and will miss the opportunity to explore SW land properly. Now the MK after hours on Monday, that might be another story. I'm going to need to talk to my friend/travel partner and see what she thinks. We did one of them the Monday after Princess 2020 and had an absolute BLAST!

I'm actually sad about this because I was hoping for magic after hours for deluxe resort guests like they did last year.

I'm not really into shelling out another $500 for my family to get three hours of park time. 😕
Crap. I didn’t even consider this. I really hope they’re not getting rid of the deluxe even hours since I can’t justify paying for those parties with two young kids…

Another watch question. Does anyone know if I can “plan” a workout using the Apple Watch? For example, this Sunday my training plan has: 1mi@WU+ 6 x 0.5 mile @ T w/ 1 min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD. I’d rather not have to keep staring at my watch all the time, but I’m not sure if that’s something that I can use my Apple Watch for. I’m assuming this is something that I’d be able to setup on a Garmin?
Sorry for the seemingly stupid question. This is just my first time with a training plan that’s more than “run x miles” and I have no idea how to do it right.

Crap. I didn’t even consider this. I really hope they’re not getting rid of the deluxe even hours since I can’t justify paying for those parties with two young kids…

That's my problem - my kids are 6 and 8. They might have an awesome day and be able to stay up for an after hours party but most likely will crash and burn at some point!

That's my problem - my kids are 6 and 8. They might have an awesome day and be able to stay up for an after hours party but most likely will crash and burn at some point!
We managed to do one of the extended evenings at magic kingdom during our trip, which was great. But the night we tried for Epcot, even though it was at the beginning of the trip, both my boys (2 and 4), fell asleep before the fireworks, so we just went back to the hotel. It’a not a big deal when it’s a free event, but it definitely would’ve led to resentment had I spent over $100/person on it.

Another watch question. Does anyone know if I can “plan” a workout using the Apple Watch? For example, this Sunday my training plan has: 1mi@WU+ 6 x 0.5 mile @ T w/ 1 min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD. I’d rather not have to keep staring at my watch all the time, but I’m not sure if that’s something that I can use my Apple Watch for. I’m assuming this is something that I’d be able to setup on a Garmin?
Sorry for the seemingly stupid question. This is just my first time with a training plan that’s more than “run x miles” and I have no idea how to do it right.
You can in the newest apple os. However, I would strongly suggest you look at the WorkOutdoors app. It's only $10 and adds in a ton of features that Apple is missing from it's watch. I loved that app before I switched to a Garmin.

All the running dreams, at least the ones I remember, have one of two common themes. The first is I just can't move at more than a crawl. I try to run but can't. For some reason in every dream this happens I can turn around and run backwards faster than forwards. The second one is I'm running a race that has no course and I just randomly run trying to find it.

They are all weird and never good. I never dream I'm running well.

Do any of you guys run with a larger phone like the iPhone 13 Pro Max or iPhone 14 Pro Max?

In fact, it was this reason why I chose the 13 Pro instead of the Pro Max.

I also went for the 13 pro for this reason. It fits nicely into my leggings pockets, and I don't really notice the smaller screen size. In fact I like that it fits better in my hand.

In the newest WatchOS, they have common workouts pre-created, and you can customize them to what you need. I just looked, and there’s a 6x800m workout available that would just need a little tweaking to match what you need.

In the newest WatchOS, they have common workouts pre-created, and you can customize them to what you need. I just looked, and there’s a 6x800m workout available that would just need a little tweaking to match what you need.
Thanks! I’m charging my watch to hopefully upgrade the OS.

I made this workout in my Garmin for tmrw. Will my watch alert me for the distance or time markers I have set? Or do I need to press lap?

1FFB6C51-9D60-467B-968B-353A47817A01.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter