• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread--2024

Oh not heard of them before, just had a look and they are cute! How large are the pockets - the website just says "2 roomy velcro closure pockets at the hips" but can't seem to find a photo showing the pockets...

They're pretty small, unfortunately (although I haven't bought a new skirt in a few years so maybe they've made them bigger). Definitely can't fit a phone - I wear a Fitletic belt for my phone. The skirt pockets are good for things like my keys, my earbuds, and maybe a pack of tissues.

They're pretty small, unfortunately (although I haven't bought a new skirt in a few years so maybe they've made them bigger). Definitely can't fit a phone - I wear a Fitletic belt for my phone. The skirt pockets are good for things like my keys, my earbuds, and maybe a pack of tissues.
Yeah I have a bunch of those skirts also, and the pockets at the hips are a) not big enough and b) on the skirt not the undershorts which is awkward for me. You can go like half your iPhone in the pocket and it’s almost halfway out. At least the skirts I bought a number of years ago, they may have made changes to the design.

So my big toes are still bruised from the DL half. I’m sure my shoes aren’t too small… maybe too big actually. But more pressing is how long is too long for them to hurt? They ache under the nail pretty much constantly. I tried to run last week and my knee hurt SO bad afterwards I havent since then. I’d like to run tomorrow or Tuesday but is that going to be worse for my toes. I did lose a toenail last night… that was a second toe- which are/were also both bruised but not painful. The rest are fine.

I also run almost exclusively in Sparkle Bolder and am so bummed! We are trying to stick to a no buy January (besides DL 🤣) but I’m wanting to buy some more. I do have a few for sale on FB that I don’t reach for. If they sell, I can justify getting a new one.

So my big toes are still bruised from the DL half. I’m sure my shoes aren’t too small… maybe too big actually. But more pressing is how long is too long for them to hurt? They ache under the nail pretty much constantly. I tried to run last week and my knee hurt SO bad afterwards I havent since then. I’d like to run tomorrow or Tuesday but is that going to be worse for my toes. I did lose a toenail last night… that was a second toe- which are/were also both bruised but not painful. The rest are fine.
When I’ve had post-race toe issues, the pain does stick around for a while, like any bruise. My problem is caused by letting my toe nails get too long, which makes them rub against the inside top of my shoes (my big toes curve up, so I need a high toe box)

The last time I had a bad toe after a long run, I did end up having to drain it after a few days of being annoyed about the pain, using a needle and going under the side of my nail. Luckily for me, the fluid build-up was on the side, not the middle—no way I could do the whole hot-needle-through-the-nail treatment 😣😣

Ew!!! But thanks! I may try it. 😫 I had them cut my nails fairly short, but I do suspect it was caused by it pressing down over the miles- probably doing the challenge didn’t help, although they were fine after the 10K.

the "bruise" (it looked like a bruise as it was purple-ish) under my big toenail after my first marathon was actually a blister. The nail was starting to lift a little, and I poked a hole in the nail with a hot needle to relieve the pressure. The nail did eventually fall off. I switched to a "wide" in my shoes, and haven't had the issue ever again. (I can also count on one hand the number of times I've gotten blisters since then.)

Last edited:
Gads.

As someone who is limited in running by how much I can breathe, all I can do is shake my head. It's like when I pass (or am passed) by a fellow runner yakking away on their phone or to someone else, and I'm too busy just breathing to have any left over for talking.
I’m glad he was disqualified, I would have rude words for any person smoking on course near me. I had to cut a run around Hourglass Lake short because Disney, in all their wisdom, put all the smoking areas at Pop out by the lake and then advertised it as a running path.

I am so fighting every urge to keep myself form making a post on the rD subreddit that will definitely get me banned considering the last conversation went about wheelchairs and safety. After finding out another wheels had to be admitted to the hospital because of injuries she incurred during Dopey because of a runner cutting her off and her having to bail.

This is exactly why we need people to pay attention to our warnings. Because sure we’ll often crash ourselves before injuring someone else because we know how our devices move.

And thank every deity that the worst injury I’ve gotten is a scrapped heel from Springtime. But we’re not asking people to give us room because we want too. We’re asking so no one gets injured.

But we wouldn’t even need to do that if people would give us the 5 seconds to realize that we know what’s safest for us. So yes moving when we ask to move is the better option. Your two feet of inconvenience to take a sidestep makes more of a difference for both of our safety.

I know chairs have a huge issues with runners getting in the way. I’ve yelled to other runners myself to get out of the way. On the flip side I did move to the right and was still nearly taken out during the DL half because the person couldn’t control her chair on the downhill and swerved into us runners on the right. I don’t wear earbuds so thankfully I was able to hear her screaming and jump off the course.

I have an old non-zippered flipbelt that I’ve used for years and is great for phone/water but I always struggle stuffing a bunch of pouches in there too. I just recently bought a new zippered one and was surprised how much more it holds! Not sure if it’s the zipper design or just a newer model, but I’m very happy with it so far. It definitely seems wider.

i have watched it as a spectator but this will be my first time running it. I’m worried about the out and back and hills at the end! Have you ran it before?

I have an older one too without the zipper and do not like it nearly as much! Stuff would slide right out of it, but……

I bought my newest one at one of the runDisney expos after talking to one of the reps at their booth. I was wearing the wrong size 🤦‍♀️ She had me go down a size and stuff things in it and run around the expo. That sucker did not bounce or budge. It’s now my favorite running belt (if I don’t have to carry a lot of fluids).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter