The Running Thread--2024

I am going to be doing a Disney Cruise on the Disney Magic out of San Juan, Puerto Rico, in a couple of weeks. Yeah! We are staying in an airbnb the night before the cruise. I'd love to get a run in before heading to the ship. Has anyone run in San Juan before? Any suggestions about how to find a good route in a new place like that?

I am going to be doing a Disney Cruise on the Disney Magic out of San Juan, Puerto Rico, in a couple of weeks. Yeah! We are staying in an airbnb the night before the cruise. I'd love to get a run in before heading to the ship. Has anyone run in San Juan before? Any suggestions about how to find a good route in a new place like that?
No suggestions for San Juan, but I did the WB Panama Canal cruise in October on the Magic and I loved the ship. Have fun!!

I have run in San Juan but it was years ago so I don't remember the specifics. I'm sure it included the Paseo del Moro.

When trying to find new routes, I always check out the Garmin heatmap to see where others are running. I believe Strava has something similar.

IMG_4243.png

Now that friends are traveling back home and I have a moment to myself post-race, I'm back again to re-thank everyone on this board for their support and love! Shoutout to @DopeyBadger for tracking and live updates, to everyone who watched, and to @jmasgat for volunteering. Also a major congrats to @dis_or_dat for a great race! I'm going to start working on a race report, hoping to have part 1 up tonight. Want to write while it's all still fresh! <3

I’ve never worn them to actually run, but I have a couple pairs of Baleaf shorts with deep pockets I got from Amazon that I love! I wear them a lot in summer for theme-parking. They make a bunch of different lengths and styles - just have to sort through and find the length you like in the liner-less ones.
@camaker I wear Mier men's shorts that I get off Amazon. They have zippered front pockets plus a small zippered pocket in the back of the waistband. No lining, as I wear tights underneath, usually tights with a pocket for a cell phone or ID. Good luck.

Today, my avatar takes on special meaning. I made the horribly painful, "will always feel guilt" decision to euthanize my dog, Buddy. He was nearly 18 yrs old, and the ravages of age made it, probably the smart choice, but most assuredly not an easy one. This death was probably harder than when my mom died. She went out very much on her own terms, and we all knew it was what she wanted. No such acceptance when dealing with an animal.

I don't think running will cut it today. But maybe a walk to his favorite local park....and lots of dog laundry.

Today, my avatar takes on special meaning. I made the horribly painful, "will always feel guilt" decision to euthanize my dog, Buddy. He was nearly 18 yrs old, and the ravages of age made it, probably the smart choice, but most assuredly not an easy one. This death was probably harder than when my mom died. She went out very much on her own terms, and we all knew it was what she wanted. No such acceptance when dealing with an animal.

I don't think running will cut it today. But maybe a walk to his favorite local park....and lots of dog laundry.
Ugh. I’m so sorry. It’s the crappiest decision, even when it’s the right one. 18 years is an amazing life for a dog.

I am so very sorry @jmasgat that is one of the hardest things to deal with in life. I recall reading this when I lost one of my cherished dogs a few years....

Grief, I've learned is really just love. It's all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest.

Grief is just love with no where to go.
💔

Last edited:

@jmasgat I am so sorry for your loss. I’ve been there and it is indeed the hardest decision to make. Cheers to Buddy for having a long 18 years of life!

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter