The truth about BCV??

adding in another $.02:
every single DVC resort has gotten "dirty" reviews at one time or another.

there are too many truly wonderful things about the BCV that i wouldn't worry (remember that even a worse case scenario would require a simple a call to housekeeping).
enjoy :)

I was disappointed in our last stay there, Dec. 2011. Our room was badly worn. It was clean but had that shabby look to it.

Several things were broken and major stains on couch and carpet.

We had stayed one night at the Yacht club before checking in and the difference was upsetting.

BCV is our home resort and we stay there at least once a year. Just love it. Rooms have always been in good condition have never had an issue. Love the location, SAB.....best corner of wdw in my opinion. Will be back 7/11. Can't wait!

I know we are talking about the villas but it sounds alot like what people say about the hotel rooms of Grand Californian! Rooms are worn out BUT the LOCATION is the best!
BCV has beem my home since 2008 and yes it's a little worn out in the rooms but it ALSO has the BEST location & the property overall has lots of charm!!!

Everyone is looking for different things when they stay at a resort. I know OKW has the larger rooms but with the exception of DTD, you have to bus it to everywhere. Us, we LOVE BCV. The location is the best - 5 minute walk to EPCOT, the atmosphere is so relaxing, proximity to BW, EPCOT, DHS. The BC/YC/BW and the S&D have a great selection of restaurants. Pool is great, service is great. Resort feel. As pp, we spend most of our time out of the room and when we come "home" the bed is comfortable, the shower water is hot.

Can the rooms use updating or refurbishing - yes
Dirty - no
The grounds are kept beautiful and well maintained.

I definitely recommend BCV.

BCV is one of 3 home resorts we own (okw, bwv are the other 2), the only thing I don't like about bcv is that it was an add on resort so the building was made to fit on the property available. Other than being shoehorned in, it is very popular and usually always full so it is used hard and shows it sometimes.

BCV is my home resort. We bought there because of location and the pool. We love the area and the convenience of getting to Epcot and Studios.

However, out of the places we have stayed since becoming members, it is my least favorite. :/ Which was, needless to say, disappointing the first time.

BCV needs updating IMO. First thing I noticed while walking to the rooms is that the carpet in the hallway was old looking, tattered and stained terribly almost everywhere. I remember thinking to myself, "Gosh, I'm surprised this looks like this. This is not 'Disney standards' ". So I can see why people say "dilapidated". The room itself was ok. I've never walked into any of the rooms and been disappointed. But again, you just have that "old and used" feeling.

So I do agree that it needs updating and a facelift. But overall we love that area and the pool.

I find it unsettling that any DVC property would be viewed as worn, dirty, or otherwise "not up to Disney standards"-especially the poster who said that the DVC room was not nearly as nice as the hotel side room. As a DVC owner I also feel disturbed by this difference in upkeep. I know it is a timeshare-I own other timeshares as well, but I for one am willing to pay higher MFs if need be (and to a practical limit) to keep the rooms up to a certain standard with updated furnishings and properly cleaned. I think DVC properties should be the nicest, not the most neglected or the last to be updated. I realize the "Home Away From Home" concept offers more opportunity for wear and tear but reading reviews of substandard rooms always makes me reconsider my ownership-haven't bailed yet though-

Also please be aware that BCV is scheduled for a full rehab starting in early 2014. So most of the wear and tear issues should be remedied in a matter of months.

Also please be aware that BCV is scheduled for a full rehab starting in early 2014. So most of the wear and tear issues should be remedied in a matter of months.

Oh reallly?!?!? Well thats good to hear! Thanks!

There two weeks ago in548. Everything was perfect. Great vacation.

I can give you my honest opinion about BCV, but it is not the popular one. I was let down, but mostly because of all the hype on the Dis about it. What I have found is that BCV is so beloved by people here, anything negative is shot down.

1. Location-It was good, but I didn't feel it was any better than Boardwalk and it was convenient for Epcot, but not rope drop at Epcot. They don't let you into International Gateway until they let people into the front entrance, so you have quite a walk in comparison and we basically missed rope drop. Also, while it is nice to be steps away from Epcot (and walking distance to DHS), Epcot is a huge park and honestly getting back to the room is not that convenient. The busses were horrible when we were there, but I have found this true at most of the resorts close to a theme park...if you want to go anywhere but to the close park it is just frustrating.

2. Pool-Yes it is huge. Yes, it has the best theme of any pool on site. But, there are also issues with it. It is very crowded, the slide entrance is outside of the pool area (so keep that in mind for your kids), but our biggest issue was that our kids were very small when we went. The kiddie pool and slide were at the steps to the slide and not at the main pool. We were in a knee deep pool and as adults couldn't do anything but sit on the edge and watch our kids. Our kids are older now and I wouldn't have a problem with them going on their own to the entrance of the slide, so its less of an issue now, but it is still crowded.

3. Rooms-OK, this is probably my biggest disappointment was the rooms. Yes, they needed updating and there was a lot of wear and tear, more than the other resorts I had been to. But, there location....The DVC rooms were built as an addition, so they are not connected to the main building and actually run perpendicular to the main building. Of course were at the very far end of the building. It took forever to walk to the front of the resort, I stay at SSR most of the time if that tells you anything. But in fairness, this is true for a lot of DVC resorts, they were additions and not part of the main building like the hotels are.

With all of that being said, did I hate BCV, no. But I was disappointed because I never heard these things about it and it is just put on such a pedestal here on the DIS. I would stay there again, but with an understanding of what I was getting myself into and I would probably enjoy my second stay much more than my first.

Yes, awesome to hear this, because it needs it.

TisBit... I understand everything you are saying. Although I never do "rope drop" (too much hustle and excitement for me LOL) and I do love the convenience to Epcot.

But everything else, I totally get.

I think BCV is a wonderful and beautiful resort, and I used to think it was quite superior to BWV(which I actually own.). However, call me crazy, :rotfl: but the new makeover of the Boardwalk Bakery has me so excited that I think BCV and BWV are much more comparable now. Just my 2cents. :goodvibes

What I have liked about BCV is being able to park close to the villa. That's the problem I have with BWV, especially since any person can park in that lot by just saying they are dining at the BW.

I really like leaving the villa at BCV at about 8:50PM and finding a spot on the bridge from England to France to watch Illuminations and being back in my villa by 9:25.

I like that BCV is quiet. It's behind the BC, so you don't get the noise from the pool and beach.

I like the theming of BCV (and BWV for that matter), Grandma's cottage at the shore. I don't feel like I am at the W Hotel on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I don't care for that cookie cutter look that you are starting to see all over the place in hotels - white bed covering with a shawl across the foot of the bed.

I'm not a great fan of Stormalong Bay, but my husband and son liked it in the past when our son was younger. I've always liked the Dunes Cove Pool at the BCV - quiet and easy to find a chair to sit on.

We just got back from our trip and stayed at BCV in a 2 bedroom. It was really nice. My son loved the pool and I wish we had more time to spend there. We had 7 full days and crammed every park and both waterparks during our trip. I liked that we were able to walk over to Epcot a few times. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, although we did drop by wilderness lodge and that was themed really well and I wouldn't mind staying there. We had a rental car so that made getting around easier. The buses are really slow especially with tired kids.

We were in BCV this past October/November. There were certainly a few wear-and-tear issues, but none that I would call "icky". If you go into it expecting to have a fine vacation, these sorts of things will probably not bother you. On the other hand, if you go into it ready to find all the things wrong with the room, you will certainly find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter